Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you treat alligator skin???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Is it possible that sunscreen has been drying out my skin?

Have you seen a dermatologist about your dry skin problem?

Nope, I haven't. I guess I should, but having friends who are dermatologists, I'm a bit skeptical of them here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Have you tried MSM? It's supposed to be good for your skin, too.

I am very impatient, but I think you're right I should try one oil at a time, so I know which one is good for my skin.

I have tried MSM for a few months. Finished my big bottle and didn't really notice anything. Maybe it needs more time but I got sick of all the pills I have to take every day Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
Have you tried MSM? It's supposed to be good for your skin, too.

I am very impatient, but I think you're right I should try one oil at a time, so I know which one is good for my skin.

I have tried MSM for a few months. Finished my big bottle and didn't really notice anything. Maybe it needs more time but I got sick of all the pills I have to take every day Laughing

I also hate taking those pills. So many big pills to swallow. By the time I'm done taking all of them, I feel so bloated with water Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think you should try HA serum, or maybe EMU/CAMELLIA/SESAME OILS. Camellia oil really helps hydrate my skin. Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
I think you should try HA serum, or maybe EMU/CAMELLIA/SESAME OILS. Camellia oil really helps hydrate my skin. Smile

I just ordered Dremu Oil from EDS yesterday and Squalane Oil from Diana Yvonne just now. I can't wait to get them so I can try them on my skin. Hopefully, they'll help. I just washed my face 45 minutes ago and applied Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream straight away. And now I have to apply it again as my face already feels tight Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Mtview - How much MSM were you taking? You're supposed to take 2 g twice a day for a total of 4 g. Some people take more. I'm taking 4 g a day. You can buy the powder form which I heard tastes terrible, so you have to put it in juice, or you can buy a capsule form at Vitacost. Their NSI brand is pure MSM.

Lynn - I put only squalane oil all over my face this morning to see if the undereye area will look more hydrated. I think it's working. Then I put the face cream on. I wonder though if I got the application order reversed.

I think you should ask your dermatologist friends for advice, too, or go see some really good ones. My mom goes to this clinic called "Pew Dee Clinic". (pew = skin in Thai)
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Mtview - How much MSM were you taking? You're supposed to take 2 g twice a day for a total of 4 g. Some people take more. I'm taking 4 g a day. You can buy the powder form which I heard tastes terrible, so you have to put it in juice, or you can buy a capsule form at Vitacost. Their NSI brand is pure MSM.

Lynn - I put only squalane oil all over my face this morning to see if the undereye area will look more hydrated. I think it's working. Then I put the face cream on. I wonder though if I got the application order reversed.

I think you should ask your dermatologist friends for advice, too, or go see some really good ones. My mom goes to this clinic called "Pew Dee Clinic". (pew = skin in Thai)

bkkgirl,

My aunt is a very famous dermatologist here in Thailand and her service is very expensive (5000 Baht a week for acne medication!!!). She's actually my friends' inspiration to become dermatologists. Laughing Laughing I think I'll check out Pew Dee Clinic first as I don't wanna bother my aunt. She never takes my money and I feel bad she always has to squeeze me into her very busy schedule. Do you happen to know where the clinic is? I live in Silom/Sathorn area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

I was taking the MSM from vitacost. I think I did work up to 4g a day. I just didn't bother buying another bottle.

Definitely too many pills to take a day Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

bkkgirl,

My aunt is a very famous dermatologist here in Thailand and her service is very expensive (5000 Baht a week for acne medication!!!). She's actually my friends' inspiration to become dermatologists. Laughing Laughing I think I'll check out Pew Dee Clinic first as I don't wanna bother my aunt. She never takes my money and I feel bad she always has to squeeze me into her very busy schedule. Do you happen to know where the clinic is? I live in Silom/Sathorn area.

Funny you should ask and I should happen to have the Sunblock lotion my mom bought for me from the clinic with the name and # on it. The clinic is at Central Chidlom Tower Floor 3A
Tel. 254-0900-3 or Ladprao between Soi 3-5, Tel.513-0255, or 513-0774

I think the one my mom took me to with her must have been in Ladprao because I didn't recall her taking me to the one in Central Plaza.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

I was taking the MSM from vitacost. I think I did work up to 4g a day. I just didn't bother buying another bottle.

Definitely too many pills to take a day Rolling Eyes

Is it the NSI brand with 240 capsules? I am taking that one. It got no other fillers. If you took 4 a day, that would cover you for 60 days. Did you split your dosage? Also you are supposed to take it with Vit C at least 500 mg each time. You know how they say if you take Calcium without Vit D, it won't work, maybe it's the same with MSM.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
My son has eczema, due to food allergies, and gets alligator skin in patches on his face and body. I tried every cream out there with no luck and finally visited a health food store and they suggested a cream by Derma E called Psorzema Creme and it worked great.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

bkkgirl,

Funny you should ask and I should happen to have the Sunblock lotion my mom bought for me from the clinic with the name and # on it. The clinic is at Central Chidlom Tower Floor 3A
Tel. 254-0900-3 or Ladprao between Soi 3-5, Tel.513-0255, or 513-0774

I think the one my mom took me to with her must have been in Ladprao because I didn't recall her taking me to the one in Central Plaza.

Thanks! I think I'll go to the one in Chidlom as it's only 10 minutes from my house. Is it expensive?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Lynn, I don't know if it's expensive. Should you call first and ask? My mom goes for the best but doesn't have to be the most expensive one. You should ask how much they charge for a consultation. Can't you just go see your aunt not at her clinic, so she won't have to book you in? Maybe have lunch or dinner with her? She can just take a quick look and give you a recommendation.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Lynn, I don't know if it's expensive. Should you call first and ask? My mom goes for the best but doesn't have to be the most expensive one. You should ask how much they charge for a consultation. Can't you just go see your aunt not at her clinic, so she won't have to book you in? Maybe have lunch or dinner with her? She can just take a quick look and give you a recommendation.

I called the clinic and this is what I've got. Consultation starts at 100 Baht depending on what your skin problem is. As for my aunt, it's much easier seeing her at her clinic! I think I'm gonna hold off and see how it goes once I start using Dremu Oil and Squalane Oil. If it's still the same, I'll see a dermatologist.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
try the oil cleansing method.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
kittikin wrote:
try the oil cleansing method.

I've been OCMing on and off for 7 years. I'm also OCMing now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Is it the NSI brand with 240 capsules? I am taking that one. It got no other fillers. If you took 4 a day, that would cover you for 60 days. Did you split your dosage? Also you are supposed to take it with Vit C at least 500 mg each time. You know how they say if you take Calcium without Vit D, it won't work, maybe it's the same with MSM.

Hmm...I definitely did not take mine with vit c. Also if I remember correctly, my body couldn't handle 4 a day. I got really bad stomach ache. I think I ended up taking just 3 a day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

I called the clinic and this is what I've got. Consultation starts at 100 Baht depending on what your skin problem is. As for my aunt, it's much easier seeing her at her clinic! I think I'm gonna hold off and see how it goes once I start using Dremu Oil and Squalane Oil. If it's still the same, I'll see a dermatologist.

Seriously if I were you, I'd call your aunt at least to get some quick advice. Are you close to her? I think most Thai relatives are very helpful when it comes to their family members. Anyway Thai people are helpful in general. I was just telling my bf that he and I have diff perspectives when it comes to seeking help. I am so used to Thai people helping each other out free of charge, I expect people to help me without charge and I do the same for them. I give accounting advice to people who know me without ever thinking to charge them. However my bf always thinks no one will do anything for free. We have this discussion b/c he bought some scuba equipments online, and he didn't know how to put them together. I told him I'd call Sports Chalet for him, and he said, "I don't have $1K to pay them to have them put this together for me." Anyway Sports Chalet did it for him free of charge, and he was so impressed he ended up buying $300 worth of scuba stuff from them, too. And of course, he has not discovered EDS where members are helping each other out without a thought of sending an invoice. Wink
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:22 am      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Hmm...I definitely did not take mine with vit c. Also if I remember correctly, my body couldn't handle 4 a day. I got really bad stomach ache. I think I ended up taking just 3 a day.

I think you should take it with C! They got Emergen-C with MSM now. I found it at Trader Joe's for $8.49 a box (36 packets). It got 1 g of Vit C and 1 g of MSM per packet. I drink this with 1 or 2 more capsules of MSM from NSI. I believe they said to take it with food if your stomach is sensitive. I don't have that problem. The only problem I have with vitamins is B-complex. I get nauseous taking it on an empty tummy.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:27 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Seriously if I were you, I'd call your aunt at least to get some quick advice. Are you close to her? I think most Thai relatives are very helpful when it comes to their family members. Anyway Thai people are helpful in general. I was just telling my bf that he and I have diff perspectives when it comes to seeking help. I am so used to Thai people helping each other out free of charge, I expect people to help me without charge and I do the same for them. I give accounting advice to people who know me without ever thinking to charge them. However my bf always thinks no one will do anything for free. We have this discussion b/c he bought some scuba equipments online, and he didn't know how to put them together. I told him I'd call Sports Chalet for him, and he said, "I don't have $1K to pay them to have them put this together for me." Anyway Sports Chalet did it for him free of charge, and he was so impressed he ended up buying $300 worth of scuba stuff from them, too. And of course, he has not discovered EDS where members are helping each other out without a thought of sending an invoice. Wink

I'm not very close to her as she's my mom's cousin and my mom hardly sees her either. Last time I saw her was years ago. The only way she recognizes me is from my last time on my patient's profile! Laughing For a normal patient, for her to even take a glimpse at you will cost at least 1000 Baht. Anyway, I do agree Thai people are very helpful, but I strongly believe it isn't always for free. However, with family members, it's different. As for helping each other out for free, I'm forever thankful I've found EDS. People are just so kind and helpful here.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the suggestion that you should see a dermatologist, if you can get around all those obstacles. Since you have suffered from dermatitis and eczema in the past, it is very possible that is what you are experiencing now.

I also have dermatitis, as does my sister, and it hit both of our faces at around 23 years old. Thankfully, I just have it on one spot on my face. My sister has it in far more places on her face than I do.

It never truly goes away, but the medications the doctor prescribes for it makes all the difference in the world. I have never found an over the counter cream that does anything for it whatsoever. I use a prescription steroid cream on my dry spot. My sister, since her case is more severe, has to use the steroid cream and a prescription face wash, as well as a medicated shampoo from time to time, like certain times of the month when her skin gets drier.
Really, it helps so much. I can still notice a little dryness when it gets really bad, but no one else can. Prior to the cream, other people could see how dry my skin was - it was like a white rash on my face. Gross!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, Lynn, at least go to the clinic and just see what the doctor has to say. Or if you can get together with your dermatologist friends, do it, and ask them what they think is happening. Trying to self-diagnose and self-treat in this case may not be prudent. I did that for my ringworm on my arm I caught in Thailand, and nearly ruined my skin. I went to see a dermatologist, and he tested my skin. He found no more fungus (ringworm), but he found that I mistreated my skin with the white iodine (well, maybe that's what killed all the fungus! :P) But anyway, he prescribed a strong steroid and my skin is recovering.
Mabsy

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
You should probably see a derm and find out what they say. It could be something that is seasonal, perhaps hormonal, irritation, etc Or it could just be not enough moisture. I second HA serum under your moisturiser to boost the hydration. Also, depending on whether your skin is very sensitive or not, PTR Buffing Beads are very gentle and I think if you're needing to get rid of skin flakes you can go for something a little bit more exfoliating (or at least fine grained and more concentrated). Astara was a recent scrub I tried that was pretty impressive and still gentle enough.

Btw, since you mention it in your post, I was up north on the weekend and I went to a crocodile farm. They let you hold a croc that is maybe 60cm long - I could not believe how *SOFT* their skin is! Learned some interesting facts - like that the only tough skin is the bit that runs on the top of the croc, that they can reduce their heartbeat to 3 beats per minute, and when push comes to shove they only need to eat once a year. Anyway, I digress... but it was really interesting!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
You should probably see a derm and find out what they say. It could be something that is seasonal, perhaps hormonal, irritation, etc Or it could just be not enough moisture. I second HA serum under your moisturiser to boost the hydration. Also, depending on whether your skin is very sensitive or not, PTR Buffing Beads are very gentle and I think if you're needing to get rid of skin flakes you can go for something a little bit more exfoliating (or at least fine grained and more concentrated). Astara was a recent scrub I tried that was pretty impressive and still gentle enough.

Btw, since you mention it in your post, I was up north on the weekend and I went to a crocodile farm. They let you hold a croc that is maybe 60cm long - I could not believe how *SOFT* their skin is! Learned some interesting facts - like that the only tough skin is the bit that runs on the top of the croc, that they can reduce their heartbeat to 3 beats per minute, and when push comes to shove they only need to eat once a year. Anyway, I digress... but it was really interesting!

Thanks Mabsy. I've been using PTR Botanical Buffing Beads 3-4 times a week (or more like when I remember) for over 2 weeks now and Karin Herzog Mild Scrub one a week. Prior to that, I was exfoliating my face with Karin Herzog twice a week. I find Karin Herzog one a lot rougher, so I only use it one a week now. Last night, out of desperation, I was layering on every product I could think of and guess what, this morning I woke up with a lot less rougher blothes on my face! I couldn't be happier! I'll continue to do this until the dry patches are gone. Here's what I did.

I washed my face with Babor Hy Ol and Babor Phytoactive Sensitive last night, then rinsed again with luke warm water to get rid of the filmy feeling on my skin. I then spritzed my face with Evian spray and left my face to air dry. I applied Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream around my eyes, and 2 pumps of Yon-Ka Serum all over my face. I waited for half an hour before applying Sisley Sisleya Eye and Lip Contour Cream on top of Babor eye cream, and Cle de Peau La Creme all over my face. I woke up with much softer skin this morning. It's just sad though that I need that many products to moisturize my skin!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |