Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What have YOU done for your skin lately?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering what you ladies (and gents) do to pamper your skin, apart from getting a facial done at a salon. I.e. what are your DIY facial routines? The question came up because driving home today I couldn't wait to get home and just pamper myself. I actually started planning what I was going to use on my face while I was negotiating traffic on the highway Embarassed

I had a stressful day at work today but because I started earlier than usual I also got to knock off earlier as well. As soon as I got home I drew a bath (Aveeno Foaming Bath - just got it in the mail today Laughing ). I did some dry body brushing and had a nice relaxing bath. Afterwards, while still damp I rubbed in some Dermalogica Toxin Relief Treatment Oil followed by some tea tree oil lotion. You can smell the lotion a mile away - I think the loud banging noises outside might be the koalas trying to break in.... Think - but I like it nonetheless Smile

My face got the simple treatment this time around (and, no - completely not what I had planned in the car on the way home Laughing ). I used the Jurlique Lemon AHC compress, followed by the Jurlique cleansing cream (I'm trialing this to see how it compares to the Dr H - they're supposedly very similar). I then put on some Valmont Renewing Pack mask and Thalgo Eye mask and here I am Smile About to take it all off (the stuff on my face I mean!!) and finish off with a spritz of Dr H facial toner (pressed into the skin) and a few drops of Carita Vitalizing Beauty Serum that I'm just trying out.

I would love to hear what your DIY facials/body treatments are like. How does everyone unwind (assuming that they have time to do that...).

Mabsy
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Great topic.... Very Happy
I usually soak in the bath, a few years ago I had to use the oilatum bath oil mostly, but now I find L'Occitane bath cream really nice and moisturising. I love verbena, lavender and the milk bath cream. I also use the L'Occitane soaps as I find them so moisturising and the lather is fabulous.

I always exfoliate with Gatineau, and have been using their serenite cleanser and toner (although just ran out) have just bought some decleor cleanser although not used it yet) , then I'll put on either the Gatineau lazer mask if my skin looks grey and tired or I'll use the Gatineau
Melatogenine mask.

when my skin is resembling a prune I normally realise I've spent enough time in the bath and I'll either use Decleor system corps body lotion or the Gatineau Melatogenine body lotion, both have firming agents and I find both very good. A few times a week now I'll also use the Collagen Gel, this is great at moisturising.

If I'm going to bed I'll use decleor vitaroma eye and lip cream, then aromessence Iris oil and then Vitaroma cream, also Gatineau throat gel.

If I'm staying up I'd probably use the Gatineau eye serum, followed by Defi Lift, followed by the day and night Melatogenine cream.

and to think 2 years ago I didnt use anything at all....my face must think its christmas everyday!

Oh I forgot....L'occitance foot cream with I think 20% shea butter, its absolute heaven the best cream ever, I smother my feet in this cream, put on socks before I go to bed and in the morning, my feet are so soft. The hand cream is a must as well!!

5% products discount

Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy For myself...the body pampering used to be soaking in the tub with my ELEMIS Pure retreat bath soak, then slathered on the ELEMIS Body oil ( Exotic island) as my body moisturizer for that particular day while the electric burner was burning off the " rosemary" essential oils. But nowaday I am just to lazy to draw myself a bath Shock and so instead for a little bit of pampering I scrubbed with the mixture of DERMALOGICA Toxin Relief Oil + its Mineral salts....it is quite grittyI should add unless I use more of the oil in the mixture but after I rinsed it off the skin felt really smooth from the Oil. I then took my shower and slathered ( depending on my mood) either my everyday body lotion ( I am currently using the Dermalogica Hydrating lotion which smell absolutely heavenly) or the Elemis body oil......And of course, while I was doing all that, the rosemary oil is already warming in my electric burner .

For facial Pampering...I scrubbed with the Elemish Rose exfoliator, sprayed on the AVENE spray, and depending the condition of my skin, I either pick a hydrating or a deep cleansing mask ( which at times I do follow up with a hydrating mask). For deep cleansing, I alternates a lot since I yet to find a brand that I want to stick to ( but normally I reached for the Sisley Linden blossom ) and I am still trying to finish those products that I have ...but I love the hydrating mask from Elemis. The Decleor Vitaroma mask also works as great to revitalize the stress tired skin once in a while .....then I sprayed my face again with the Avene Spray....then follow with my Lavendar Toner by Elemis.....and walla...I am done...if I am hours from my bedtime, then I just wait till that time to follow up with my night time regimen...
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Ling,

Sounds like you're an Elemis fan.. ;)
I went on a cruise recently and they were selling these products. Even though they smelled heavenly, I had never heard of this brand and didn't purchase. What are your fave products from this company?

As for pampering, I love Phytomer products.. come home to steam face and then put on their hydrating mask while soaking in a tub with either lavender or jasmine oils...

for hands and feet, ahava cream comes to the rescue and then I go to sleep with cotton socks on.

I like to soak a cotton ball with whole milk and place it over my eyes while in the bath. It's a lot of work to scrub the tub daily so this ritual only happens once a month or so!
Ling
5% products discount

Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi..freckles127.. Smile ..I just started getting into ELEMIS a few months back after hearing/reading stuff about this brand on magazine. It is a professional Spa-therapy range make in ENGLAND and said to be only available to exclusive salons and spas worldwide. I love everything with aromatherapy properties and so I thought, why not...and so bought some of their products to try.
Their body range are of top quality....smell heavenly, so far I only get to try the Pure retreat bath soak ( you can use this either as a bath shower gel or bath soak), the scent itself is therapeutic..The set I bought also comes with a Skin Nourishing bath ( you can use this as a bath soak or directly on the body as an intensive body moisturizer, scentwise this one is a little bit too sweet for my taste but it sure works its job on any dry patches. In fact I read that this is their award winning formula . This is a non-lather bath soak so I only use this as a body lotion and only one to twice a week when I feel my skin need an extra nourishment ) :P

I also love its Exotic body oil, lovely smell...combo of Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Vanilla and Osmanthus.

Now, on its skincare part, the rose exfoliator is one of the gentlest scrub that I had ever used, it is in gel-form with tiny gentle round beads that won't hurt your skin ( I have a thin skin and find no problem with this scrub) . This leave my skin glowing everytime I use it...contains Absolute of Moroccan Rose...Cucumber..etc...I probably will get a full size of this ( I am still on my deluxe sample size)....

I also quite like its Cream moisturizing Mask, the scent itself already relax me and to me this works also when my skin need a little pick me up coz it not only hydrate but also de-stress the complexion IMO.

The Toner..I love its Lavender Toner, it could be only my wishful thinking but I think it helps to balance my complexion and curb any blemishes...hm..I am not sure about this but my hubby is now sharing this with me and he has blemishes skin and vouched this to be his favorite toner. I am onto my second bottle of this....alcohol Free.

pro Collagen Marine cream....Its anti aging cream, I am currently using this as my night cream...so far so good....sometimes I use an Darphin serum under this, or Decleor oils....I am still onto my 3rd weeks...By the way, I have normal/combo skin and this is a non greasy cream that said to be suitable for all skin type....

I ordered my Elemis online...but it is also available on QVC UK...I hope that EDS will think of carrying this line in the future...Smile Oh..for some reasons, the combination skin set of its toner/cleanser always seem to sell out the fastest on QVC UK...The cleanser is a milky type that instead of rinsing it off with water, you use a wet cotton to wipe it off ( which I don't like so I only use this in the morning follow with its toner)...
Overall, I think it is one of the great spa line....still with some hits and misses....IMO...Smile
Mabsy

Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:44 am      Reply with quote
DERMALOGICA Toxin Relief Oil + Mineral salts; sounds nice!

I make my own salt scrubs sometimes and I have no idea why I didn't think of this myself! Brick wall
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:16 am      Reply with quote
how do you make your own salt srub? sounds so cool to do
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:18 am      Reply with quote
you know what i did yesterday, i took all my moisturizers and minerals and mascara off and boiled a pot of water and stuck my head over it while holding a towel over my head. ahhhh, it felt so wonderful and refreshing. but then i wondered if there was some kind of minty menthol or somehting of the kind i could have put in the boiling water to help my pores even more.
Ling
5% products discount

Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Yes, the toxin ( or the stress relief) oil and the mineral salt. This is actually what the Leonard Drake spa ( which uses the dermalogica line) uses as a body scrub as part of their body spa treatment ( before the mud masque which can't be bought retail)....
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |