Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Water vs Wine - A very educational read
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
WATER & WINE EDUCATION

It has been scientifically proven that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli bacteria found in feces.
In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop!

However, we do not run that risk when drinking wine (or rum, whiskey, vodka, beer or other liquors) because alcohol has to go through a distillation process of boiling, filtering, and fermenting.

It is better to drink wine and talk crap .. than to drink water and be full of crap.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information.

I am doing it as a public service.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely good to know, true or not! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hic...I completely agree...hic.....
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ummm....wait a minute, let's do the calculations here shall we?

If we drink 1 liter of water everyday for a year, that would be 365 liters of water...or....365 kilograms.

365 liters of water would fill two 55 gallon drums almost completely full. Now, I think most people know how big a kilogram is in size. It's 2.2 pounds. If I opened up the lid on those two drums and saw approximately 1.1 pounds of feces floating in each one, there is NO WAY ON EARTH I would be drinking that water!

These facts are obviously and totally false!

The amount of this matter in a kilo of water is more on the order of parts per BILLION. So, in other words if you drank 365 liters of water in a year, the amount of fecal matter you would consume probably couldn't even be seen by your eye!!! You'd probably need a very strong microscope just to possibly see it.

Sorry about the letdown (or maybe not!), but the calculations don't lie.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Ummm....wait a minute, let's do the calculations here shall we?

If we drink 1 liter of water everyday for a year, that would be 365 liters of water...or....365 kilograms.

365 liters of water would fill two 55 gallon drums almost completely full. Now, I think most people know how big a kilogram is in size. It's 2.2 pounds. If I opened up the lid on those two drums and saw approximately 1.1 pounds of feces floating in each one, there is NO WAY ON EARTH I would be drinking that water!

These facts are obviously and totally false!

The amount of this matter in a kilo of water is more on the order of parts per BILLION. So, in other words if you drank 365 liters of water in a year, the amount of fecal matter you would consume probably couldn't even be seen by your eye!!! You'd probably need a very strong microscope just to possibly see it.

Sorry about the letdown (or maybe not!), but the calculations don't lie.

John

John, I think it's supposed to be a total joke! I just read and chuckled. There's no way I'd believe something as outrageous as this! LOL
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
WATER & WINE EDUCATION

It has been scientifically proven that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli bacteria found in feces.

However, we do not run that risk when drinking wine (or rum, whiskey, vodka, beer or other liquors) because alcohol has to go through a distillation process of boiling, filtering, and fermenting.

It is better to drink wine and talk crap .. than to drink water and be full of crap.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information.

I am doing it as a public service.

This is the best "public service" announcment I've read in a long time! Laughing

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
You know, you are right. I'm going to chill out when I get home after workout, with two very large shots of my favorite "Chinaco" Anejo Tequila!!!!

I need to mellow out some.....
Wink

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
You know, you are right. I'm going to chill out when I get home after workout, with two very large shots of my favorite "Chinaco" Anejo Tequila!!!!

I need to mellow out some.....
Wink

John

There ya go! You've been working hard and deserve to chill and have a couple of shots of tequila! Don't forget that salt and lime thing!
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl, I prefer my Tequila shots straight, no lime, no salt, chased down by an AMP energy drink! I feel like Superman after two or three of those!

Care to join me?!

Cool

The Flamingo Hilton in Las Vegas serves Tequila mixed with Red Bull energy drinks. Sandy and I had a few of those and couldn't go to sleep the entire night! Good thing Las Vegas stays open 24/7!

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
WATER & WINE EDUCATION

LOL! I don't know why I'm even answering this BUT didn't you post say we absorb the bacteria found in poop, we're not actually consuming the poop??!!?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
WATER & WINE EDUCATION

LOL! I don't know why I'm even answering this BUT didn't you post say we absorb the bacteria found in poop, we're not actually consuming the poop??!!?

I know! That's why I knew it was a joke. Plus it got forwarded to me by a friend who loves to forward jokes to me. Anyway not too much of it made logical sense!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
bkkgirl, I prefer my Tequila shots straight, no lime, no salt, chased down by an AMP energy drink! I feel like Superman after two or three of those!

Care to join me?!

Cool

The Flamingo Hilton in Las Vegas serves Tequila mixed with Red Bull energy drinks. Sandy and I had a few of those and couldn't go to sleep the entire night! Good thing Las Vegas stays open 24/7!

John

I thought you live in AZ?? Wish I could join you and Sandy, but I have to work. Sad
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've read something similar with beer... mmm... beer.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
mmmm... single malt scotch

I need it tonight.
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hah! Vindication for my *hic* drinking problem ... Laughing
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:17 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
sarahb wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
WATER & WINE EDUCATION

I know! That's why I knew it was a joke. Plus it got forwarded to me by a friend who loves to forward jokes to me. Anyway not too much of it made logical sense!

Oh it was a joke! With some of the conversations we have on here, NOTHING would surprise me! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |