Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pics of my new puppy - What should we call her?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
She is adorable. She looks like "Lily" to me. Smile
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking Angel,but I like tsjmom's suggestion of Coconut- you could call her Coco. I've got 2 white dogs; a German Shepherd named Noelle, and a Labrador named Nike ( my boys named her). My first white Shepherd was Sheba- I thought that was a great name. Regardless, your puppy is adorable!!
Robin
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh, so many GREAT names have been suggested here. I'm so grateful.

My son yesterday said, "She's full of spunks, mommy." So I said, "Should we call her Spunky?" So for now, we are calling her Spunky.

But I like many names that you all suggested. Maybe I will use Ari's method and just start calling her by these names like Coconut, Godzilla, etc, and see if she'll respond to any of them.

Her face actually reminds me of a Chinese dragon like the one they parade around Chinatown on Chinese New Year. My boyfriend likes Dragon, but I thought it doesn't roll off the tongue too easily.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
rosyface wrote:
Quote:
Maybe something to reflect her inherent diva-ness

How about Maribou? She reminds me of one of those fluffy Maribou boas that Hollywood stars used to wear around their necks with their slinky gowns.... so elegant darling... Laughing

as for puppy training, check out Cesar Millan the Dog Whisperer website. He's totally amazing when it comes to understanding dogs and their behaviour.

http://www.dogpsychologycenter.com/

Thank you for this link! This is fantastic. I have to learn to potty-train this pup as she has no clue and is going all over the kitchen floor.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
you're welcome. It's great for puppies and owners so that everybody knows who the pack leader is and everybody(puppy included) is very comfortable and happy in their assigned places...it's great to start when their babies...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
[quote="bkkgirl"]Oh my gosh, so many GREAT names have been suggested here. I'm so grateful.

My son yesterday said, "She's full of spunks, mommy." So I said, "Should we call her Spunky?" So for now, we are calling her Spunky.

But I like many names that you all suggested. Maybe I will use Ari's method and just start calling her by these names like Coconut, Godzilla, etc, and see if she'll respond to any of them.

quote]

I know you're not in the UK, but over here, spunk is another word for semen! Shock
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
If you can do with sleep deprivation this is how my DH housebroke our two doxies. We have had very very few accidents. We bought a doggie crate for them to sleep in at night and he slept next to the crate for about 5 nights. When we were ready for them to go to sleep at night we would put a sheet over their "room". If they needed to go out they would whimper and he would get up take them out. During the day when they were in the house we would take them out about every hour. Very time consuming, but it worked incredibly well and doxies are notorious for being difficult to housebreak/potty train. They love their "room" and do not have to be asked to go in at night - just run right in and give "goodnight kisses". Another thing DH believes in and it works very well is a schedule for them. Please understand they do not know they are dogs, just very short people with four legs. Also, I think Cesar Milan has some wonderful recommendations.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Too cute!!! Not sure her personality, so clueless on a name!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Bkkgirl! I'm dying how cute she is!!! Lucky you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Name: Moxie

Training: Keep your eyes on her 24/7. When she starts to squat, scoop her up in a flash (the surprise will intervene with accidents), take her where you want her to go, and set her down. She will either "go" immediately, or, given the ADD of puppies, start sniffing around and whine to be picked up again. Talk to her sweetly, but shake your head emphatically (this will be invaluable later) and say, "Nooo, (her name here)." Eventually she will "go," and when she is finished, you should jump up and down ecstatically, clap your hands, talk in a high voice, and basically act like she just discovered the cure for all known diseases. If you want to simplify your life later, say, "Go,go,go!" while she is going. This will aid you later on car trips and with time in short supply. Dogs, unlike humans, can be trained to go on demand. Later, just saying to her "Go,go,go!" will jumpstart the event.

Take her out as a matter of course after every nap and every meal. These are her regular times.

I've fostered 30+ puppies, and taught them all this way. My own puppy was housebroken in one day, I swear. (But he is particularly smart, and desired nothing more than to please. Of course. Very Happy )

Moxie. I love how she put your other boy in his place!

Best wishes to you both!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
Name: Moxie

Training: Keep your eyes on her 24/7. When she starts to squat, scoop her up in a flash (the surprise will intervene with accidents), take her where you want her to go, and set her down. She will either "go" immediately, or, given the ADD of puppies, start sniffing around and whine to be picked up again. Talk to her sweetly, but shake your head emphatically (this will be invaluable later) and say, "Nooo, (her name here)." Eventually she will "go," and when she is finished, you should jump up and down ecstatically, clap your hands, talk in a high voice, and basically act like she just discovered the cure for all known diseases. If you want to simplify your life later, say, "Go,go,go!" while she is going. This will aid you later on car trips and with time in short supply. Dogs, unlike humans, can be trained to go on demand. Later, just saying to her "Go,go,go!" will jumpstart the event.

Take her out as a matter of course after every nap and every meal. These are her regular times.

I've fostered 30+ puppies, and taught them all this way. My own puppy was housebroken in one day, I swear. (But he is particularly smart, and desired nothing more than to please. Of course. Very Happy )

Moxie. I love how she put your other boy in his place!

Best wishes to you both!

Thank you, Sidda! I think I need to take your puppy training class. You are definitely knowledgeable about dogs. Maybe you can have your own show. Very Happy I will try your method and report back if it works. (I'm sure if it didn't work, it's because I messed it up. I am not very good with puppy training. I have tried many times, and ended up having outside dogs, but these Maltese pups are too small to be outside. They love to sleep with you, and snuggle up on your neck, too.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
If you can do with sleep deprivation this is how my DH housebroke our two doxies. We have had very very few accidents. We bought a doggie crate for them to sleep in at night and he slept next to the crate for about 5 nights. When we were ready for them to go to sleep at night we would put a sheet over their "room". If they needed to go out they would whimper and he would get up take them out. During the day when they were in the house we would take them out about every hour. Very time consuming, but it worked incredibly well and doxies are notorious for being difficult to housebreak/potty train. They love their "room" and do not have to be asked to go in at night - just run right in and give "goodnight kisses". Another thing DH believes in and it works very well is a schedule for them. Please understand they do not know they are dogs, just very short people with four legs. Also, I think Cesar Milan has some wonderful recommendations.

Salli, were you or your husband working from home at the time? I work full-time, and was thinking to bring her to work with me, but she'd distract me AND my colleagues for sure. She's too cute, and everyone will surround my cube wanting to hold her.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
How about Buttercup? Like the Princess in the movie "The Princess Bride" ... Princess Buttercup.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I like Snugglepuff for her - such a cute name!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl, yes we were both working-not from home. DH works 5 minutes from home and he would come home every two hours to let them out and play a little. It nearly killed both of us from sleep deprivation. We wound up with wonderful dogs as a result. I strongly recommend that you start her with a small crate. Crate training is wonderful, it works as their safe spot. They will do their absolutely best not to "soil" the crate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
What a sweet little face!! I have serious puppy envy!!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I think Coconut is winning the most votes. My bf likes it. My older boy likes it. I like it. Even the little baby responded to it when I tried calling her Coconut, but I'm not sure if it was because she wanted to be let out of the kitchen and would respond to any sound or not. The only one who resisted was my 6-year-old. He's having a hang-up over Snugglepuff. I bet he misses the chinchilla who used to be our pet and her name was Snugglepuff!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Gorgeous puppy! I don't know what to tell you on a name because right now I feel like calling her Squeezysnookumsfluffybutt! Laughing
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I think Coconut is winning the most votes. My bf likes it. My older boy likes it. I like it. Even the little baby responded to it when I tried calling her Coconut, but I'm not sure if it was because she wanted to be let out of the kitchen and would respond to any sound or not. The only one who resisted was my 6-year-old. He's having a hang-up over Snugglepuff. I bet he misses the chinchilla who used to be our pet and her name was Snugglepuff!

Coconut really suits her!! Smile
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
She is white puffy, so her name should be "Fu fu" Very Happy

My nasty boy name is Mom-Mam. Cool
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
She's SOOOOOO adorable!!!! You are so lucky to have her ... what a cutie. The first name that came to me was Mitzy, but I really like Coconut too!
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

I think that you should maybe have a compromise with your 6 y/o. Tell him that Snugglepuff was such a wonderful pet, it would be an honor to use part of his name. Invole him in picking out similar type names, or even incorporate part of snuggle or puff in there. You can suggest the names you like... then suggest a nick name like 'Moxie-snug' or 'coco-snuggle-nut-puff' !! Also, remember to tell your 6 y/o that that Moxie (sry, I like the name... maybe because I love daschunds...), she would like to join in the fun in chosing her name... but anyways, with this excersize, I bet he'll come up with a totally different name he likes equally as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Coconut really suits her!! Smile

I think Coconut is an adorable name!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
My favorite doggy name was my cousins dog - deeogee (yes, d o g) cracked me up.

That's HYSTERICAL Candy! My last dogs name was the same exact thing! Only I spelled it Dioji, more of a Japanese inflection. Pronounced it a little quieter on the g/j sound, so most people didn't get it at all, they just thought it was an awesome and creative name Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut is an adorable name. You should check out the American Girl website. Their little white fluffy dog's name is Coconut. My ten year old niece is very into her American Girl doll.Here's the link:
http://store.americangirl.com/shop/coconutdog.php?catid=77926

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |