Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Perfect Complexion's HA Soy Lift - truly AMAZING !!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
productjunky wrote:
Hey guys, I am new here but I have been reading about the perfect complexion products. I wrote Julie an email:

Quote:
HelloJulie, I have been reading about your products on some message boards
and I have read nothing but good things about them. I have combination skin which tendsto break out very easily. I also have an
uneven skin tone which can look dull at times. I was looking through the products that you offer and noticed there was no ingerdients listing. Some ingredients tends to make me break out such as algae, avocodao oils,and other heavy oils such as coconut and wheat germ. Can you please send me
the ingredients in your apeel light, HA Soy Lift Cream, Royal Jelly+HA, and
> Alpha Lipoic Protein with HA.Thank You very much for your help, I know you
are very busy but your time is much appreciated. Thank You...

This is what she replied with, which was kind of suprising even though I know she is very busy...

Here is a base compound ingredients list. I would say NOT to use the line
since I compound using botanicals.
Take Care
Julie

She also sent me the compound list that is on her website....is this wierd? Confused

hello productjunky,
It is indeed weird and it does put me off buying from sellers who would not release the whole ingredient list. Think

5% products discount

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
productjunky wrote:
Hey guys, I am new here but I have been reading about the perfect complexion products. I wrote Julie an email:

Quote:
HelloJulie, I have been reading about your products on some message boards
and I have read nothing but good things about them. I have combination skin which tendsto break out very easily. I also have an
uneven skin tone which can look dull at times. I was looking through the products that you offer and noticed there was no ingerdients listing. Some ingredients tends to make me break out such as algae, avocodao oils,and other heavy oils such as coconut and wheat germ. Can you please send me
the ingredients in your apeel light, HA Soy Lift Cream, Royal Jelly+HA, and
> Alpha Lipoic Protein with HA.Thank You very much for your help, I know you
are very busy but your time is much appreciated. Thank You...

This is what she replied with, which was kind of suprising even though I know she is very busy...

Here is a base compound ingredients list. I would say NOT to use the line
since I compound using botanicals.
Take Care
Julie

She also sent me the compound list that is on her website....is this wierd? Confused

hello productjunky,
It is indeed weird and it does put me off buying from sellers who would not release the whole ingredient list. Think

In her defense or better yet in supposition, though I'm still waiting to hear back on my order from last week.
I've had no replies to my emails either!?! the list of ingredients on her products might be very short type recipes 3-4 ingredients (botanical compound can be very potent), that she might be afraid will be replicated. Don't forget you're dealing with the creator of this line. Mother tigress and cub attitude??

Speaking of botanicals and others....I remember the days -when I had heard that soy was the best ingredient for skin. I ran to my health food store and bought containers of soy yogurt! Stinky!! OK soy is my main source of protein to this day, but to slather the stuff on is another story. After those masks aka spread soy yogurt on face!!, my skin would glow for days. Well no more for obvious reasons but the effects were amazing for such a simple product.

Exclamation
havana8

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Katee did mention upfront on page 1:

Julie's products sometimes produce some controversy because she won't disclose the specific ingredients in each of her products. She has a very detailed list of all her ingredients posted on her site, and she indicates the most active ingredients in a product, but that's as far as she goes.

While it would be nice to know, in some ways, I can't say I blame her.... and it hasn't prevented me from using them! Laughing
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Normally, I'm reluctant to even try samples of a product when I don't know what's in it. However, especially when dealing with a small formulator, you have to operate on trust, I think. She has a comprehensive list of the ingredients she uses in her products on her site. I looked at that list, and didn't find anything there that I objected to. I also went by the recommendations of others who I trust.

I don't know Julie, but in her defense, I do know that she's in the process of trying to patent some of her formulas. I also have repeatedly witnessed individuals generously sharing a formula, only to have someone else replicate the formula for sale. On some sites, you will see individuals who do share formulas or recipes with a notation that it is there sole intellectual property and is not to be reproduced without permission. I understand why people do that, but I can tell you that it has NO LEGAL STANDING. So, from that standpoint, I do understand why she is so protective of her formulas.

If someone wants to try her products, they can always look at the comprehensive list. If they see something there that is a problem for them, they can ask her if that particular ingredient is in the specific product that they're interested in. My understanding is that she WILL answer that kind of question.

Please understand that I'm not taking her side or advocating her position. I understand why someone would be reluctant to try a product without knowing the specifics of what is in it. But, at the same time, I understand where she is coming from as well. Ultimately, it really is a very individual decision.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
She ran out of samples. Does anyone know if she will make more samples for purchasing?
productjunky

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys, thanx for all of your replies. I don't mind the fact that Julie does not disclose her complete ingredients listing but on the other hand if someone has a serious allergy to something like honey or propolis than that could be a serious issue for her as she does not want to disclose ingredients. just a thought.... Question
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Just recieved my HA Soy Lift today.

It says to apply at night. Do I use it under or over my night moisturizer, or instead of?
Odile
5% products discount

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:
Just recieved my HA Soy Lift today.

Did you receive confirmation of shipment? I ordered last Friday and I haven't seen any "electronic shipment notification" unless they skipped that step or I didn't understand (that's possible too Wink).

When OH when will it come???
havana8

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've found that Julie always gets it out the door within 24 hours.... it's probably the postal service. Rolling Eyes
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
yes. i did get a confirmation.

It took about 10 days..
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I always get my stuff pretty quick!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I put it on for the first time last night. At first, my skin felt very tight and tingling.
I then put my night moisturizer on top of it.

This morning, my skin looked tight, radient, and I noticed some tightenning of a couple of fine lines.
My skin felt, very velvety, soft, and spongey.

This is going to be a regular part of my night routine. I applied some over my eyes this morning, as it says you can, and my eyes look a lot more open, and lifted.

This is definately a must have item. This is only after my first night. I can imagine what my skin will look like 2-3 weeks down the road.

It's very effective. Even today, in the mid afternoon, my skin is feeling more softer than usual, and glowing. Highly Recomend.
Thanks Katee... Cool
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I used it last night too but did not get the same result as Sandra did. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad My face felt warm after applied it.

This morning my face felt the same and looked the same. I pat the lotion around my eyes and tried to open my eyes wide w/o lifting my eyebrows. My eye area do look better today.

5% products discount

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:

It took about 10 days..

10 days!!!!

I took a look at my Visa statement, and the transaction took place on the 9th but still no notification of shipping.

There is no tel no. on the site, right?
I've been up and down that site 20 times. I found some different descriptions of the products (from Julie) on Ebay.

Where is my stuff??? I guess we get spoiled with the efficiency of EDS's distribution- order and pow it's at my door within a couple of days!

Anyone else from Canada waiting?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Odile,

The 9th was FRIDAY. Today is only Wednesday. Not everyone works weekends!!!

When I ordered from her, I got the shipping notice via email the same day I received my package. But, she's also located in MD, so the USPS turnaround was lightning quick!

I'm sure there's no need to worry.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I live in Australia and I got my package in about a week. This was super fast because sometimes I wait weeks for stuff to come from USA.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Odile wrote:
SandraG wrote:

It took about 10 days..

10 days!!!!

I took a look at my Visa statement, and the transaction took place on the 9th but still no notification of shipping.

There is no tel no. on the site, right?
I've been up and down that site 20 times. I found some different descriptions of the products (from Julie) on Ebay.

Where is my stuff??? I guess we get spoiled with the efficiency of EDS's distribution- order and pow it's at my door within a couple of days!

Anyone else from Canada waiting?

Caaaalllllmmmm down. I ordered on a Friday and received my order on Thursday. You will probably see your package tomorrow.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Odile...I meant, the order took about 10 days, but I got confirmation via email after I ordered.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I got my order confirmation March 1, then on March 3, a message that paypal will handle the shipping (their tracking stuff is worthless). I received the package Tuesday, March 13th.I'm in Canada too.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Truly amazing how horrendous U.S. mail is to Canada! I really don't understand it. I have sent things on the same day to Europe and to Canada, and the European stuff arrives first. Mind boggling..
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Truly amazing how horrendous U.S. mail is to Canada! I really don't understand it. I have sent things on the same day to Europe and to Canada, and the European stuff arrives first. Mind boggling..

Katee,
You know, we Canadians also pay so much more for postal fee. A small package to US cost about 6-7 Canadians. And my BFF who sent small packages from CA to Vancouver only paid 60 something CENTS!!!
And, the process is soooooo slow!!! Mad

I think Canadian Postal Service is screwed up!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
productjunky wrote:
Hi guys, thanx for all of your replies. I don't mind the fact that Julie does not disclose her complete ingredients listing but on the other hand if someone has a serious allergy to something like honey or propolis than that could be a serious issue for her as she does not want to disclose ingredients. just a thought.... Question

it's really very simple -- if someone has a serious allergy to something, it is their own responsibility to email the vendor to ask if that ingredient is specifically used in the product they are interested in. i, personally, have a problem with shea butter and will never use it on my face again. if an ingredient list is not divulged, i have absolutely no problem sending an email to ask if shea is an ingredient. if it is, then the product is not for me; if it isn't, terrific. like i said, it's really very simple....
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ok tanning take 3, after 3 applications on arms, 4 on legs, and 2 days for me to live with this, I must say this stuffs very very very good. At first I thought a bit yellow, but after finally achieving the right color and living with myself unwhite, I must say the colors dammmmn good! With just 2 coats on, I looked yellowish inside, and great outside, but after 3 coats, I was a great color inside the house and outside. Also fyi, no other tanners have truely worked right on me, always a bit toooo yellow and I end up never using again. This one is completely goof proof, absolutely NO STREAKING at all, I just put gloves on, and applied like a body lotion, not taking any special care, and not one dot or streak of miscolor, NOT ONE!! So is it worth the huge price, for me yes, since nothing else has ever worked...for others that the cheaper stuff looks great on then I say stick with that, but for the ladies that can't find anything..here ya go...and it did take 3 to 4 applications to get this going right on me....now I can see where once a week at most would work.
Odile
5% products discount

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone....
My middle name should be IMPATIENT!!! I didn't realize that the 9th wasn't THAT long ago.

I am however delighted to read all the reviews. This is the first thread I check out everyday!!!

Keep the reviews coming in!!!

Thanks!! Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Mel,

That's impressive! I'll recommend it to my friends (and if it doesn't work, I'll tell em to come after YOU, not me Laughing )
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |