Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need some serious make-up advice!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone

I really dont like wearing liquid foundation, as i find it too heavy, it just doesnt look right on me. Sad

I am currently mixing two powder foundations, which for the time being is ok. Can anyone recommend a powder foundation the gives good coverage but still looks natural and is easy to apply?

Im also worried about colour choice. Buying products on-line is hard because im frightened of getting the completley wrong colour! Confused

I would say im about a medium skin tone?

Can you guys help a woman in need of some urgent make-up advice!! Embarassed

Becz21
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I just went on a 'foundation quest' myself. I settled on Shiseido's Powdery foundation (I also got their stick foundation, I couldn't help myself). I really, really like it. Sometimes I use a powder brush to apply it (for less coverage) and sometimes I use a sponge (for a bit more coverage). As for as what color to get, I can't help you there. Go to a Shiseido counter and have them put it on for you. Then you can find the right color and wear it all day to see if you like it before you purchase it.

Liz
Mabsy

Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Becz21!

Well Bare Minerals is good and quick&easy to apply once you get the hang of it. I really like Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals. I know you don't like liquid foundation but I thought I'd mention this one because it's different. It's actually mineral makeup powder suspended in a clear gel. Easy to apply and feels like you're wearing nothing at all. I know that quite a few people here use the Jane Iredale powder foundation as well.

In terms of shade selection, hmm that's always hard to do online. The best I could suggest is letting us know which shade (combo of shades) you are in what you are currently using and then hope that someone has a similar coloring. Also there is a foundation chart that you could use, I'm not sure if you'll find it helpful but here it is: http://members.lycos.co.uk/chiaxx/foundation.html

Mabsy
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy

Thank you for you helpful information. At the moment i use a medium powder (Boots No 7 range) and Bourjous (hope thats spelt right!!) powder in Sable. I would say that im not really tanned but i dont think im fair either and i think i have golden undertones? Confused

Hope you or someone else out there could perhaps recommend one of the mineral colours for me!

Thanks

Becz21
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:45 am      Reply with quote
I used to like Calvin Klein make up but they stopped doing it Mad which was nice and sheer.

Have you tried the new Lancome colour match or whatever it's called Smile best ask for a sample - even though you don't like liquids it covers nicely.

Mac also have a very good selection of shades and textures to try.

The good thing about Bare Minerals is that the shades are very forgiving. I'm quite pale but can get away with 3 different shades. If you really don't want to fork out the money for a single pot and can't decide on the colour lotsof people on ebay sell sample packs so you could try that ( it's what I did).
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Becz21,
Although it can be difficult to procure if you do not live by a Neiman Marcus or Barney's, Chantecaille Real Skin is fantastic and quick to apply. It is available with either SPF 15 or 30. Here is what Neiman Marcus' site has to say about it:
• Lightweight gel formula, a combination of micro particles and oil.
• Product of the latest Japanese technology.
• Smoothes and refines the skin's surface while unifying color tone.
• Maintains skin's natural complexion while giving it a cleaner, fresher, and brighter look.
• Moisturizes and hydrates skin throughout the day with amino acid emollient oil.
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest you to use Bare Minerals make up. It is made of 100% pure minerals that is free from preservatives, fragrance, filters, colours, oil, etc. It is also really light, so you feel that you are not wearing anything. There's also many compliments about it. I am ordering it and trying this make up.

.e s c e n t s.
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
why dont u a try a tinted moisterizer? it looks more natural than foundation
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy

i am also looking for a foundation (liquid or powder???) and bronzer that will make my cros feet and creepy lines under my eyes look less noticeable. at the moment i use almay foundation with a bronzing powder over this but what ever i try seems to make my skin look older. i am 36 years old. i have alim fit body but my face is horrible. please help

thanks

sally

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Sally, what bronzing powder are you using? I quite like bourjois teinte soleil, I dont find it looks too dry even if I dust a little over the eye area. I keep foundation and powder to a minimum around the eyes, just a very quick sweep so to speak.
Mabsy

Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the Dr Hauschka liquid bronzer and adding that to my moisturiser. I would recommend that because it is not a powder and is not drying so it shouldn't accentuate lines. Also, I think before you go for foundation you should make sure that the skincare you are currently using is moisturising enough and thus plumping out any fine lines that you might have.

In terms of foundation, my mum is currently using Jane Iredale liquid minerals and is loving it. This one is quite hard to try though - they don't make samples of it due to the quite unique method of dispensing/mixing it.

Mabsy
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi to you all

at the moment i am using rimmels bronzing powder. im not so sure my foundation is too good or whether it is the powder that is drying and makes my lines look worse Embarassed

sally

Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Becz21,

I've had a terrible experience with liquid foundations. But I agree with the posts above that mineral makeup is really great. I've tried Jane Iredale, which I really liked but have found Glo Minerals to be superior. It is really easly to apply and covers redness really well. It comes in a pressed power, loose power and liquid form. I've only tried the pressed power, but I really like it.

I totally know what you mean about colors and matching. I'm not sure what your skintone is, but glominerals.com has a color chart and the Jane Iredale website also has suggestions about how to match their foundations with the tones/shades of your skin. (For Jane Iredale I wore Bisque, and luckily Glominerals Natural Light is pretty similar match.)

Good luck to you!
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I used to never wear liquid foundation either. It never went on smoothly and I felt I could always "see" it on my skin. I have a graveyard of unused foundations.

Until recently when I discovered Laura Mercier Oil Free Liquid Foundation. It goes on smoothly and can be as sheer or as full coverage as you like. It is definitely worth a shot. They gave me several samples of different colors and finishes to try, after they matched me at the store, so I could go home and REALLY test is out in every lighting situation - as I said, I'm very picky.

Before that, I used MAC Studio Fix powder foundation. They have a huge color range, the finish is nice and it's reasonably priced. It went on more smoothly for me when I applied it with a brush instead of the sponge it comes with.

Colleen
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |