Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The "I hate Sarbanes-Oxley requirements" Club
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Can I be president? I hate this process and all of the idiots in the publicly-held companies that contributed to this Act being necessary. Mad I know in the end, it's "a good thing" for corporate America, but it takes so much time away from actual production. I guess that is a small cost compared to another Enron.

I am just venting. If this is too political, I will understand if it gets removed.
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I used to make a living off Sarbanes, heehee. So I guess I don't mind SOX. In my experience, the staff end up being responsible to do the work for compliance never get adequate support and resources from the powers that be. All the responsibility without any resources. It was good for the consultants though. And lots of jobs for internal & it auditors.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I work for a non-profit org who decided to adopt SOX voluntarily and even has a SOX dept. I am the SOX coordinator for my dept. It seems SOX has become a very dirty word for the staff in my dept. Yeah, I think they all hate SOX! lol But I think we're really going overboard and do a lot more than what's considered necessary. The things they require us to do don't make sense, and I don't see it as a value to the company other than it's costly to police.
Mabsy

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
I can't remember the up to date figures but I think the average compliance cost for a large org is predicted to be about $6 billion. This is split up between in-house labour, technology and consulting. I roughly fit into the third category so I guess I shouldn't complain but while I do see the benefit of SOX, the costs of compliance are mind boggling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I've gotta go on record with lots of to those of you who do any work supporting those of us who hate SOX. There is definitely a demand for your expertise, guiding us through the tough parts of documenting the risks and controls, evidence, etc. While I hate being part of drafting or tweaking requirements for processes, I think those of you that understand SOX thoroughly really have a gift. Very Happy At the end of SOX season (when the risks and controls get updated), I just want to hug the heck out of our SOX SME. Very Happy
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I work for a non-profit org who decided to adopt SOX voluntarily and even has a SOX dept. I am the SOX coordinator for my dept. It seems SOX has become a very dirty word for the staff in my dept. Yeah, I think they all hate SOX! lol But I think we're really going overboard and do a lot more than what's considered necessary. The things they require us to do don't make sense, and I don't see it as a value to the company other than it's costly to police.

Anytime staff in an org is asked to do things differently and new, they complain though. So why should SOX be any different? I am 50+ and had been in IT and accounting forever. I remember 20+ years ago when the company I was with started implementing SAP, an Enterprise Resource Planning system used by a lot of large businesses now. The complains and hatred for the new system were just as bad as for SOX now. When I first started, in IT there were no dedicated testers. Developers just wrote programs on the fly and test it themselves. Then the testing methodology started developing and gosh, the resistance from the developers, how it was so much more work and how it took them away from doing their "real" job.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |