Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Tips from Dips18 - Best internal sunscreen!& 4 layer TCA
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi - hope all is well with everyone.
Well I have a few things to mention here that I have been doing a bit of experimenting. Hope you find it interesting. I ended up trying Heliocare due to a reaction from ipl that caused me hyperpigmentation just from stepping out in the sun. I also wanted to see the effects and hence did not change my routine so I could see its effectiveness.

1) HELIOCARE
Ingredients: Heliocare contains Green tea extract, Beta-carotene and an extract of the Polypodium leucotomos (a kind of fern).

This has been described as 'taking an internal sunscreen' I have taken this once daily for the last three months as well as a good sunscreen and It definitely gave me a natural healthy glow and my skin felt less inflamed and didn't get so 'hot' when caught in the sun. On the days I missed it I could feel my skin reacting to the rays and I personally felt my skin looked slightly darker on those days. Below taken from : heliocare DOT com

UV Sun Protection in Capsules protecting solar skin damage from the inside out
Heliocare® is an oral dietary supplement with antioxidant properties which helps maintain the skin's ability to protect against sun related effects and aging.*
Currently Heliocare® (Polypodium leucotomos extract) is the only agent known to provide systemic photoprotection, making it a major scientific breakthrough in sun protection. Although topical sunscreen formulations provide varied levels of protection against UVB and UVA radiation and protect from burning, they cannot completely stop all harmful UV rays from penetrating the skin. Heliocare® works by sustaining the skin's natural ability to deal with sun (UV) related effects and aging.*
WARNING: Heliocare is definitely NOT a substitute for good sunscreens and protective clothing. It is particularly useful for someone who is known to have sensitive skin, who has had skin treatments or who wishes
to minimise the aging effects of the sun. It is simply another "layer" of protection. It does not reverse damage.

Summer is coming to an end so I will be stopping Heliocare as there are books I have read that claim taking Heliocare for too long (ie 6 months) can inhibit the bodies ability to absorb Vitamin D (hmmmm funny that Laughing ). But as soon as summer arrives or if I go on holiday I will take them again for a month or two. NOTE: You still need to use a good sunscreen.

2) TCA 4 layer Peel on 15%:So with the peel, I wanted to take it up a notch so that I could see faster results and decided to do a 4 layer peel on my face - yes I was a bit scared too ! But I did it in three large patches and later little touchups. So I got a few tips from a derm I know, tips to prepare and maximise the peel and minimise reactions so this is what I did. Please keep in mind I think I have pretty strong resilient skin.
1) Chewed 2 arnica tablets at least 15 mins before the peel.
2) Cleansed face twice and pat dry.
3) Rubbed the acetone wipes quite hard on the patch (so my first patch was my left cheek, top right of forehead and under jaw).
4) Diluted the TCA to a 15% solution. I dipped a q-tip that has like a little flat pad at the end into the solution - only enough so that the it absorbs and is not soaked.
5) For the first layer, I went over the area quite aggressively with the tip (was told by my derm that rubbing hard like this can make the TCA go deeper and pressing hard on the tip for the first layer can not only equal two modest 'swiped' layers but will make your TCA bottle last longer as you will use less).
6) Waited 3-4 mins for the TCA to stop working.
7) I then added another small minute drop to the q-tip and then did the next layer but with less pressure on the tip and waited for the TCA to stop working again (longer wait this time - 6 mins).
Cool Same as above (7) but again less and pressure and longer wait again. By this time it is starting to feel a bit tingly and stinging on some parts.
9) The 4th layer was for some real dark patches where I really only lightly swiped - so no pressure or rubbing. I frosted on both cheeks. A real white frost on the 4th layer spots.
10)I neutralised and then washed with cold water for a minute or two.
11) Once all tingling had stopped I applied Manuka Honey wound care UMF+18. This soothes the skin and brings any inflammation right down - fantastic stuff. I left this on for over an hour. You can apply to a guaze pad and tape this to your face but I just sat in my lounge with it over my face - it is sticky as it is honey afterall - tastes nice too.
12) Lastly I chewed another arnica tab.
Well lots of peeling and then some more. Especially under the jaw and chin area - like in sheets. Peeled for well over a week but the results have been so worth it - now I can really see a change in the colour of the pigmentation on my face. Since I did this is patches I could minimise how I looked at work. Small areas are still peeling.

I know many of you out there are experienced peelers - please mention any further tips you may have. Hope this helps some of you. I just want to share as much as possible to help anyone who needs help with acne scarred / eletrolysis scarrin g / pigmented skin and to give something back to all the lovely ladies on this forum that have helped me so much. I have posted this on the YTF forum as well.
PLACES TO BUY ABOVE:So the Heliocare: The cheapest place I have found was netpharmacy.co.nz (costs around $39NZD)which is approx $28USD. Think they ship internationally? And I think this is cheaper than what some people have paid elsewhere on this board or other forums.

Manuka Honey can be bought for a very reasonable price at: healthpost DOT co DOT nz I'm telling you, these prices are cheaper than my local healthshop. If you do purchase from them please if you don't mind, mention my name 'Dipika' as to how you found about their website. Shipping very reasonable as well, think he said it worked out, after currency conversion, to approx $6USD to the US? Even less for Australia. You can get a quote first : "way to do this is to go to healthpostDOTcoDOTnz and go through the motions of purchasing the product except leave out card details and write "quote" in the comments box. This way they can give an accurate quote before anyone buys".
Comvita Woundcare 18+ Active Manuka Honey Ointment 60gm NZ$ 15.50 or
alternatively Comvita Active 20+ Manuka Honey, 250gm NZ$ 27.00

Had to edit the websites as Im a new member here I am unable to post links. Think you guys will be able to work it out. PM if not.

questions, own experience and input most welcome, please share you stories.
dips
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |