Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fluorescent Lights Bad for Skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
This is sort of weird. My sister swears that the flourescent (I hate spelling that word!) lights at work are affecting her skin. She says she is allergic to them. I'm wondering, since I'm under these lights a lot. Has anyone heard of this?
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I wanted to add. I haven't found a problem But sister swears it's true.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that you can get UV from fluor lights from somewhere a while ago. I wear sunscreen everyday, but if I forgot, I do get a bit paranoid about that.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
I dont know but my skin sure looks horrible under them Sad

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:

I was going to say the same thing! You know that when a bar switches those lights on, it's definitely time to go home (well, they do that in Australia, not sure about elsewhere...). I am building a house at the moment and the electrician wanted to install one of those in my bathroom and talked about how energy effient they were Rolling Eyes That may be so but it's soft down lights for me all the way Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:08 am      Reply with quote
heh heh i remember the days Smile

No way id want them in my bathroom either, didnt they say that here in aus normal globes will be phased put by 2010 and replaced by those horrible energy fluro one's?? They better have some soft tone ones Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

I was going to say the same thing! You know that when a bar switches those lights on, it's definitely time to go home (well, they do that in Australia, not sure about elsewhere...). Laughing

Laughing Laughing I know exactly what you mean!!!
wired

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Doohicus, your sister is right Sad According to a well known ps & derm, fluro lighting can cause UV damage and it's advised to wear sun block if you're exposed to them.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
good to know... I wasn't aware of it either.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
wired wrote:
Doohicus, your sister is right Sad According to a well known ps & derm, fluro lighting can cause UV damage and it's advised to wear sun block if you're exposed to them.

Oh good, so I was remembering the same thing.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I do recall a mad rush of women to the washrooms to apply end of the night makeup before the lights went on. I'll tell my sister (she wins!) I didn't know about the UV. Thanks Wired for the info.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks BKKgirl. You were right about the UV.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
They are also horrible for migraine suffers. I rarely get optical migraines anymore after not being in an office 8 to 5. One trick to help defuse (sp) the overhead light is to put a lamp on ur desk, it really does help with head stuff, so maybe with skin too.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
When i was going to Tafe a few yrs back there were horrible fluro lights in the room. It used to be a sewing room so there were heaps of them,about 10 big ones. I felt really terrible at the end of the day Confused In the end i couldnt handle a whole day in there and was glad when the course finished.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I didn't know about the skin damage issue but they certainly give me headaches. It is great to be working out of my house these days and not be exposed to them much anymore. One left in the kitchen and we're renovating, so its days are numbered Smile
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
My office has flourescent lights in it. Ladies, it's true that it emits uv rays from it. If I'm not properly protected I feel the prickly and stingy feeling that I would feel out in the sun. I think there are different levels of uv rays within each light. That's why I think some people notice it more than others. Oh...and ofcourse tolerance for each individual is different as well.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Ahhhh, maybe I shouldn't mention this (but I will Bad Grin). Your computer screen also emits UV rays.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
donnababe wrote:
Ahhhh, maybe I shouldn't mention this (but I will Bad Grin). Your computer screen also emits UV rays.

Yes, I know.... Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
They are also horrible for migraine suffers. I rarely get optical migraines anymore after not being in an office 8 to 5. One trick to help defuse (sp) the overhead light is to put a lamp on ur desk, it really does help with head stuff, so maybe with skin too.

Hmm...my bf gets migraines, and I wonder if he needs to get a desk lamp to help minimize the overhead light, too.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
donnababe wrote:

Even the new models!?! Flat screen flat panel?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |