Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Donell Super Skin Brightening Cream (1 oz) Payot Design Ultra Lift Remodelling Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) B Kamins Clear Control Purifying Masque (120 g / 4 oz)
Squalane, Argan, Camellia Oil - AND THE WINNER IS....

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Squalane Oil!!!

I ordered all 3 oils on ebay. I found that Squalane really hydrates my skin the best. Camellia does not absorb well, and Argan did not seem to do too much for me. I noticed after I put on Squalane, the tiny lines under my eyes (which make my skin look crepe) disappeared. It even helped to smooth out my forehead while the other two oils could not do the trick.

Anyone else has the same experience with Squalane?
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Nov 2006
Posts: 1234
Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hey bkk, I've recently tried both squalane and camellia oil. I do find that both of them absorb well, but it seems like squalane is more hydrating, especially on the neck and chest area.

Haven't tried argan yet, can you tell me about it?

_________________
44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Sep 2005
Posts: 1530
Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I will have to give Lumiere foundation with Squalane a try. I worry that squalane might break me out...read it somewhere...

_________________
Simple but No Simplier...Approaching late 20s, Normal/Combination Skin, Rarely Breakout now but have some old acne marks, sunspots, & broken caps
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Hey bkk, I've recently tried both squalane and camellia oil. I do find that both of them absorb well, but it seems like squalane is more hydrating, especially on the neck and chest area.

Haven't tried argan yet, can you tell me about it?


I tried argan oil only once, and I just remember thinking it did not do much for me as I could still see these tiny lines under my eyes. Squalane is so hydrating that when I smiled today, I didn't have tons of creases under my eyes, but it could just be my imagination. Hope not though. I think with long term use, it should really help me with my super dry dehydrated skin.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use squalane oil all over your face of just under your eyes? I would recommend very moisturizing eye cream on top of your oil as well if your skin is super dry.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Do you use squalane oil all over your face of just under your eyes? I would recommend very moisturizing eye cream on top of your oil as well if your skin is super dry.


I put it all over my face now, but put more under my eyes. Yes, I was thinking that I need something more on top, too. I think I'm going to bite the bullet (and put a hole through my CC) and order the SAS I-bright eye cream to try. Katee wrote a RAVE review about it, and she said she still loves it. I've just been a cheapskate thinking I don't want to just order one thing from there since they charge $5 to shipr one or several products. LOL
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Do you use squalane oil all over your face of just under your eyes? I would recommend very moisturizing eye cream on top of your oil as well if your skin is super dry.


I put it all over my face now, but put more under my eyes. Yes, I was thinking that I need something more on top, too. I think I'm going to bite the bullet (and put a hole through my CC) and order the SAS I-bright eye cream to try. Katee wrote a RAVE review about it, and she said she still loves it. I've just been a cheapskate thinking I don't want to just order one thing from there since they charge $5 to shipr one or several products. LOL


I remember reading somewhere on the forum that katee uses products from the Skin Actives website. I checked out the website and saw quite a few interesting products including the SAS I-bright, but they don't ship to Thailand, which is a shame. On the other hand, I'm glad they don't as I've just saved myself some money. I've been buying too many things the past few months! You think it's not worth it paying 5 bucks for shipping? You're lucky you don't live in Thailand girl...I have to pay a lot more! Laughing

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Do you use squalane oil all over your face of just under your eyes? I would recommend very moisturizing eye cream on top of your oil as well if your skin is super dry.


I put it all over my face now, but put more under my eyes. Yes, I was thinking that I need something more on top, too. I think I'm going to bite the bullet (and put a hole through my CC) and order the SAS I-bright eye cream to try. Katee wrote a RAVE review about it, and she said she still loves it. I've just been a cheapskate thinking I don't want to just order one thing from there since they charge $5 to shipr one or several products. LOL


I remember reading somewhere on the forum that katee uses products from the Skin Actives website. I checked out the website and saw quite a few interesting products including the SAS I-bright, but they don't ship to Thailand, which is a shame. On the other hand, I'm glad they don't as I've just saved myself some money. I've been buying too many things the past few months! You think it's not worth it paying 5 bucks for shipping? You're lucky you don't live in Thailand girl...I have to pay a lot more! Laughing


I don't even want to think how much they charge you to ship things to Thailand. I'd probably have a heart attack if I hear the number. Ouch!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Do you use squalane oil all over your face of just under your eyes? I would recommend very moisturizing eye cream on top of your oil as well if your skin is super dry.


I put it all over my face now, but put more under my eyes. Yes, I was thinking that I need something more on top, too. I think I'm going to bite the bullet (and put a hole through my CC) and order the SAS I-bright eye cream to try. Katee wrote a RAVE review about it, and she said she still loves it. I've just been a cheapskate thinking I don't want to just order one thing from there since they charge $5 to shipr one or several products. LOL


I remember reading somewhere on the forum that katee uses products from the Skin Actives website. I checked out the website and saw quite a few interesting products including the SAS I-bright, but they don't ship to Thailand, which is a shame. On the other hand, I'm glad they don't as I've just saved myself some money. I've been buying too many things the past few months! You think it's not worth it paying 5 bucks for shipping? You're lucky you don't live in Thailand girl...I have to pay a lot more! Laughing


I don't even want to think how much they charge you to ship things to Thailand. I'd probably have a heart attack if I hear the number. Ouch!


I nearly did when I ordered lippies and eyeshadows from Julie Hewett webiste. The shipping cost was over $80. Luckily, they were able to arrange an alternative shipping method for me.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 284
Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Ummmmmmmmmm could someone please tell me what the letters SAS stand for? Thanks!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1977
Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:41 am      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
Ummmmmmmmmm could someone please tell me what the letters SAS stand for? Thanks!


Skin Actives?
www.skinactives.com
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Whoa, $80 to ship something to Thailand? They must be out of their mind.

Ok, back to oil - I decided to give Argan oil another try this morning, and this time I really tried to observe how it absorbs, etc. I have to say it felt thicker than Squalane, and it absorbs well. So I am revising my earlier opinion. I still think Squalane is a bit more hydrating, but Argan comes in second.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1977
Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
What brand is your squalane oil?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just squalane oil from Diana Yvonne a few days ago and have used it a few times. I don't think it absorbs very well on top of my vit c serum. It doesn't really hydrate my skin either as I've noticed after I wash my face, my skin feels really dry and tight. *There's no change in cleanser here. I've been using the same one for some time now* My face looks oily as if the oil just sits on top of my skin rather than sinking in. I'm not sure if it's just with the DY one, or oil doesn't sink in well on top of vit c serum, or my skin just simply doesn't like squalane oil.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
What brand is your squalane oil?


Lisa, no brand. I bought it from an ebay seller.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1977
Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Do you happen to have his name? What kind of squalane is it, olive or shark? TIA. Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3297
Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I just squalane oil from Diana Yvonne a few days ago and have used it a few times. I don't think it absorbs very well on top of my vit c serum. It doesn't really hydrate my skin either as I've noticed after I wash my face, my skin feels really dry and tight. *There's no change in cleanser here. I've been using the same one for some time now* My face looks oily as if the oil just sits on top of my skin rather than sinking in. I'm not sure if it's just with the DY one, or oil doesn't sink in well on top of vit c serum, or my skin just simply doesn't like squalane oil.


I feel like squalane doesn't absorb sometimes, and I don't know why. If I apply very little and spread it thinly, it does better, but I often want to put a lot on to really hydrate my skin. I'm not sure if there's any difference from one squalane to another. Mine is cold pressed if that makes any difference.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I just squalane oil from Diana Yvonne a few days ago and have used it a few times. I don't think it absorbs very well on top of my vit c serum. It doesn't really hydrate my skin either as I've noticed after I wash my face, my skin feels really dry and tight. *There's no change in cleanser here. I've been using the same one for some time now* My face looks oily as if the oil just sits on top of my skin rather than sinking in. I'm not sure if it's just with the DY one, or oil doesn't sink in well on top of vit c serum, or my skin just simply doesn't like squalane oil.


I feel like squalane doesn't absorb sometimes, and I don't know why. If I apply very little and spread it thinly, it does better, but I often want to put a lot on to really hydrate my skin. I'm not sure if there's any difference from one squalane to another. Mine is cold pressed if that makes any difference.


I'm not sure if mine is cold-pressed. I only use one drop (though it's a big drop) at a time and it doesn't even absorb properly.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 275
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
You ladies are not alone - there are just a few oils that will not absorb for me - and emu, squalane, & camellia are three of them. Even if I dilute them, they absolutely just sit on my skin. It has always baffled me. But, ICK!! LOL!

_________________
Handcrafted skincare products designed to make you feel pretty! http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Do you happen to have his name? What kind of squalane is it, olive or shark? TIA. Smile


I think squalane is from olive whereas squalene is from shark.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
You ladies are not alone - there are just a few oils that will not absorb for me - and emu, squalane, & camellia are three of them. Even if I dilute them, they absolutely just sit on my skin. It has always baffled me. But, ICK!! LOL!


I don't seem to have any absorbtion problems with emu oil. Squalane is a different story. I'm wondering why as my skin is dry and dehyrdrated. I also imagined it would just sink right in.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 275
Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried diluting all the oils I mentioned by at least 50% and they still just sit on my skin. I don't know why - especially since squalane is supposed to be light & easily absorbed. I've tried the clear emu & the ultra-emu - they won't absorb even when diluted either. It's a mystery!

_________________
Handcrafted skincare products designed to make you feel pretty! http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
I've tried diluting all the oils I mentioned by at least 50% and they still just sit on my skin. I don't know why - especially since squalane is supposed to be light & easily absorbed. I've tried the clear emu & the ultra-emu - they won't absorb even when diluted either. It's a mystery!


Do you have dry skin? I'd always thought squalane would be perfect for my skin and a cheap moisturizer, but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Actually, I've found oil type products don't really work for me whereas rich creams just sink right in. It's weird.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 275
Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
No. My skin used to be really oily, but it's fairly 'normal' now. But squalane is 'supposed' to be good for those with oily skin, since it has a lighter consistency. Not so for me.

Rose hip seed is another I avoid - I don't like the consistency & it tends to cause breakouts.

_________________
Handcrafted skincare products designed to make you feel pretty! http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
No. My skin used to be really oily, but it's fairly 'normal' now. But squalane is 'supposed' to be good for those with oily skin, since it has a lighter consistency. Not so for me.

Rose hip seed is another I avoid - I don't like the consistency & it tends to cause breakouts.


Oh I love rosehip seed oil. I used to love putting on dry patched on my face though I avoided putting all over my face unless my skin was really really dry. What oil do you find work best for you?

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
System
Automatic Message
Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Fusion Beauty LipFusion Objects of Desire (8.22 g / 0.29 oz) Pür Minerals All Over Glow Face & Body Bronzer (30 g / 1 oz) Carita Progressif Perfect Cream for Body New Generation Complete Care (200 ml / 6.7 floz)