Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Amazing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I was having one of those old wrinkled tired skin days this morning. You know the ones when even after you have done your usual routine and put your makeup on you still wish you had gotten the number of that bus. I mixed SKB and beta oat glucan liquid (50/50) and slathered that all over my face and neck. I let this soak in for a few minutes and then put avocado oil on and then spritzed with rose hydrosol. Within 15 minutes my skin looked so hydrated, fresh and rested it amazed me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Salli,

Sounds great. Where do you get the beta oat glucan liquid? I've seen it cropping here and there on this forum and am intrigued.

Tx

Cat
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Cat, I got the beta oat glucan liquid from GoW. I checked yesterday and Markey was out of it. I understand that she has some ordered.
skb and beta oat glucan liquid mixed feel like super food for skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks.
I will try this! Smile
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
great review!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Cat, I got the beta oat glucan liquid from GoW. I checked yesterday and Markey was out of it. I understand that she has some ordered.
skb and beta oat glucan liquid mixed feel like super food for skin.

Did I order the wrong one...it says in stock and at the same stipulates that she can hold the order till it comes in? I'm confuzzled again.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I know she was out for a time. I also know that she has been very busy lately and may not have had time to update her web page. Send Markey at GoW an email and ask.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
I mixed SKB and beta oat glucan liquid (50/50) and slathered that all over my face and neck.

Embarassed Embarassed What's SKB?? Embarassed Embarassed

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
SKB is sea kelp bioferment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
SKB is sea kelp bioferment.

It sounds great!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
It is great. Put it on your skin and your hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
It is great. Put it on your skin and your hair.

*scratches head* Salli, how is it you have something special that I don't.......
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Just for clarification, Markey at Garden of Wisdom now has the liquid oat beta glucans back in stock and this is reflected on her site.

Salli--i haven't tried the SKB plus liquid BG mixed 50/50 and applied directly on my face but your routine sounds awesome. I am using seamollient in place of SKB though.

Kristen!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Kristen, NCN Skincare has SKB VERY reasonably priced. I highly recommend it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
wow, Salli, thanks for this great and simple routine. I'm about to get my liquid oat BG from GoW, and I'm so excited. Of course I just used up my batch of SKB from SAS, so that means I have to now order from NCN. Very Happy Thanks for posting about that, too.
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Did I miss the post that explains what NCN is? lol

And please don't tell me to go google it, ugh.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Here it is for this thread:
www.ncnskincare.com

Ali, you didn't miss it. It's in an entirely different thread.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Salli!

Has anybody compared the SKBs available from different places like SAS and NCN? Can they be expected to be comparable?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I heard somewhere that you specifically were not supposed to mix actives with skb--skb prevents their penetration into the skin... just fyi, since i am very careful to mix bgs with oils before i apply my beloved osea apc cream, which has an skb/seamoillient ingredient as its base.

i read it here, i think, or on one of the other skinactives forums--cannot remember which one.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
Thank you, Salli!

Has anybody compared the SKBs available from different places like SAS and NCN? Can they be expected to be comparable?

I am fairly new to SKB's. My first order I purchased as a group buy here on EDS through Julie. I love SKB so much that I just purchased another 16 oz. from NCN. I wanted to get some other items from NCN so I also got the Sea Kelp. I was very pleased with both purchases. I have not ordered from SAS so can't comment.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Hi,

I heard somewhere that you specifically were not supposed to mix actives with skb--skb prevents their penetration into the skin... just fyi, since i am very careful to mix bgs with oils before i apply my beloved osea apc cream, which has an skb/seamoillient ingredient as its base.

i read it here, i think, or on one of the other skinactives forums--cannot remember which one.

--avalange

Hello avalange,
Is it absolutely true that SKbio prevent actives from penetrating? I mixed a batch of SKbio with many goodies and actives and they seem to penetrate because there isn't any residues on my face after I applied it. Also, Katee's eye potion uses SKbio too....I am puzzled now Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
avalange wrote:
Hi,

Hello avalange,
Is it absolutely true that SKbio prevent actives from penetrating? I mixed a batch of SKbio with many goodies and actives and they seem to penetrate because there isn't any residues on my face after I applied it. Also, Katee's eye potion uses SKbio too....I am puzzled now Confused

--avalange

Wild Cat,

I am a bit confused. If you apply you active first then SKB would that be OK. Somewhere I heard that if you apply SKB and then your C it is great. I really would like to know the right way of applying this.

Nanci at NCN has a 15% exfoliant (SKB and Willow Bark Extract). Her recommendation is that you apply this on top of Copper Peptides. Nanci, if you read this thread can you please help us on the proper way to use Sea Kelp B. Thanks.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:
avalange wrote:
Hi,

Hello avalange,

--avalange

Wild Cat,

I am a bit confused. If you apply you active first then SKB would that be OK. Somewhere I heard that if you apply SKB and then your C it is great. I really would like to know the right way of applying this.

Nanci at NCN has a 15% exfoliant (SKB and Willow Bark Extract). Her recommendation is that you apply this on top of Copper Peptides. Nanci, if you read this thread can you please help us on the proper way to use Sea Kelp B. Thanks.

Hello Winnie,
What I meant was that I used SKBio as the base of my concoction. I mixed in some antioxidants and other goodies. And I apply the mixture after my C-serum. I found it work the best that way. Sometimes I might add another moisturizer on top of it when the weather is cold and it seem okay at absorbing after SKbio... Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
when i have more time I will try to find the post that mentioned it. I only remember that it was written by someone who was more authoritative on its uses than most, so I decided to take it to heart. That said, it's clear that the main use of skb or seamollient is to form a soft, hydrating barrier on the skin, as well as nourish it with trace minerals, etc. Given the barrier issue, actives just will not penetrate as much as if you layered them before the skb... of course, i'm no expert, but it kind of makes sense to me. That's not to say you will receive no benefit from adding actives into your skb at all--I'm SURE they are benefiting your skin regardless.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |