Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Murad Acne Spot Treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
christophe
5% products discount

Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
paula's choice have two great product for acne,
BHA 2%, and extra blemish fighting solution, and other brands have good products too, like DDF, MD formulation.
i don't think murad is the best, you may give others a try.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the whole acne line and really love it. However, this stuff seems not to work for me. I cannot see any difference in the morning after applying a thin layer on the acne. Anyway, the whole line works and my skin is getting better.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I once tried a Murad serum, 30ml, sorry I can not remember the name, but it was really a spot treatment. Some of my friends told me that it is good for the spot, but it did not worked out on me eventually, maybe because we have different kind of spots.....
lulu68
5% products discount

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is an old thread but ....

This spot treatment is one of my 'go to' skin care products. It is a bit drying but I only use it on actual pimples. If I apply it to a particularly irritated spot, it generally eliminates or greatly improves the redness and swelling within a few hours. I've found that if I apply it as I feel the pimple forming (I some times don't, because I don't get around to it), more often than not it just goes away or dries into a blackhead. Although sometimes it does just seem to keep it 'simmering' for a long time (without the redness and excessive swelling that normally accompanies one of my spots).

I've never used any of the other products in their acne line, so can't comment on those.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
senesce wrote:
It worked on my skin a few years ago. But it is not really working on my skin currently. Sad

I had this problem too, 3 years ago the murad acne range was great, I tried it again last year and it did nothing for me but I must say that I do like the spot treatment, I still have a couple of tubes somewhere...
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
lulu68 wrote:
I know this is an old thread but ....

This spot treatment is one of my 'go to' skin care products. It is a bit drying but I only use it on actual pimples. If I apply it to a particularly irritated spot, it generally eliminates or greatly improves the redness and swelling within a few hours. I've found that if I apply it as I feel the pimple forming (I some times don't, because I don't get around to it), more often than not it just goes away or dries into a blackhead. Although sometimes it does just seem to keep it 'simmering' for a long time (without the redness and excessive swelling that normally accompanies one of my spots).

I've never used any of the other products in their acne line, so can't comment on those.

Hi lulu68, I was just wondering if you use retin a? I want to use up the last couple of tubes but am unsure of using them while on the retin a.
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Murad Acne Spot Treatment and it did nothing for me...

The Obagi CLENZIderm MD is AMAZING, this gave me a perfect skin, I don't use it anymore and I never had any breakout, it last! It is more expensive than the Murad, but it works.
lulu68
5% products discount

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:

Hi lulu68, I was just wondering if you use retin a? I want to use up the last couple of tubes but am unsure of using them while on the retin a.

No, sorry, I've never used retin a. I have just started CP's and I'm not sure how this spot treatment works in with them but I'm currently using them at opposing ends of the day. (Hopefully one day I won't need this!)

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I didn't have any luck with Murad's acne line. I got basically the entire line from Sephora and used in religiously for 3 months and I didn't notice any difference in my acne. I am currently using The Body Shop's tea tree line and it seems to be working well so far, it leaves my skin feeling really nice!
misspisces
5% products discount

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Murad spot treatment and it did nothing for me at all. Best treatment for me so far is the clarisonic. Its done wonders for my skin. I also use Nexcare acne stickers as a spot treatment. Love them.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I want to buy this for my husband, after this review, I will not consider to buy, any suggestion for pimples skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Like most others I tried this product and it did absolutely nothing at all! Sad
misspisces
5% products discount

Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
beauty mask wrote:
I want to buy this for my husband, after this review, I will not consider to buy, any suggestion for pimples skin?

Does he have alot of pimples? If so, I recommend clarisonic. Its cleared up my adult acne. For spot treatments, I use Nexcare acne stickers / patches. You can google it to read up on it. They are fantastic.
misspisces
5% products discount

Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
misspisces wrote:
beauty mask wrote:

Does he have alot of pimples? If so, I recommend clarisonic. Its cleared up my adult acne. For spot treatments, I use Nexcare acne stickers / patches. You can google it to read up on it. They are fantastic.

ooops. just noticed I already mentioned both products in my previous post!
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm almost 45 and still get the occasional large sore pimple on my chin area that never comes to a head, the murad spot treatment is the only cream that gets rid of them. But it can be very drying. And the smell gets to me as well. Worth it if the pimple goes over a couple of days of using and it always does with this cream.
mrlilbit

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Murad system several years ago and after 2 months of faithfully using the products, concluded that they were a huge waste of money. I found the spot treatment in particular to be useless. I didn't notice any reduction in redness or the size of the pimple and it didn't heal any faster. If anything, I found that the cream left the skin around the pimple flaky, which just draws more attention to the spot.

Having struggled with acne for years, I can safely say that "spot treating" is an exercise in frustration. I've found that the best treatment for acne is to create a complete regime that keeps your skin properly cleansed, exfoliated, treated and moisturized.
CrystalCandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
The clarifying cleanser worked great for me, but I didn't like the toner. It's minty and it's too sticky.
natieya
5% products discount

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the 3-piece set. The only item that works well for me is the perfecting lotion. The cleanser was ok, but the spot treatment didn't work at all for me. I prefer Eradikate. That stuff sucks pimples dry overnight for me. It burns on contact, but stops after 5 minutes or so, and does its magic while I sleep. I awaken to smaller, dried out pimples. Love it!

Like I said, though, that lotion is great! I still use it now...however, lately, since it's been colder, it's not quite enough moisture. When it warms up, I'll return to it. Right now, I'm still trying to find a product to give me more moisture...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, OP.

I was thinking of trying this spot treatment.

Now, I've got my eye on a different spot treatment: http://w3.rxforbrownskin.com/precise-clarity-acne-spot-treatment-1-oz.html
Moser1978
5% products discount

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Nufountain fresh cosmetics makes a vitamin c lightening serum. It works great. It faded an od poision ivy scar that was left on my cheek. It's made fresh and is truly an amazing product. I bought mine on amazon.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 29, 2013 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I also like some of the murad's product.Such as the T-zone pore refining gel.It keeps the T-zone less of the oil.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Murad for acne (in a kit) many years ago. Unfortunately, it didn't do much for me back then.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |