Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Chicken Poop lip balm!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this? Laughing I love the name and the story behind it, but I haven't tried it myself.

http://ilovechickenpoop.com/
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'd never heard of this product til you posted the link. The catchy name will get attention, wonder what's in the stuff? (we do know it's not poop)
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
This product has been mentioned before in one of the lip balm threads:

Try this one:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15462&highlight=chicken+poop
and this one:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2966&highlight=chicken+poop
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a tube. It is a nice balm and it smells nice, but I really like the cute little tube and the wording!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of the product before. Their products look really funky though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Somehow, I don't see myself rushing out to purchase this Rolling Eyes
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
rofl The name is way too disturbing for me to try. Laughing
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I'm using Chicken Poop lip balm and love it! I also purchased tubes of it to give with my Christmas gifts to all the ladies and it was a huge hit! I love the stuff, and ordered it from drugstore.com. That may be the least expensive place to purchase it from. It was $2.99 a tube I believe. If someone has found it less than that, please let me know! Thanks!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Those you have bought it, did you get it because of the name?

Would you buy Road Kill moisturiser? Rabbit cr*p mascara? There could be a whole new market someone's missing out on here. Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Just in case anyone is interested, the ingredients are: soybean oil, beeswax, jojoba oil, lavendar essential oil, and sweet orange essential oil. When I saw the name, I had to pick it up and check it out. It brought to mind visions of Jeff Foxworthy "you know your a redneck if..." Laughing
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:30 am      Reply with quote
i'm sorry, i'm never going to own chicken poop lip balm. i'm all about sensory and mental stimulation with my products, and i can't get past images of chickens scratching a poop-covered pen, waiting to be slaughtered. yucccckkkk!

didn't urban decay already attempt this shtick with much more irony and finesse?

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
I love the stuff, and ordered it from drugstore.com. That may be the least expensive place to purchase it from. It was $2.99 a tube I believe. If someone has found it less than that, please let me know! Thanks!

I haven't seen it cheaper than that. The ILCP.com website sells the tubes for $4.00 each.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I can just see myself puckering up for my SO. Mmmmm sweetie do ya like the way my lips look? I'm using my new Chicken Poop. Uhhhhhh nope! Not this chica! Laughing Laughing
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I own this lip balm (I prbably own most lip balms out there) and it's one of the better ones, despite the name! Bad Grin
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
i'm sorry, i'm never going to own chicken poop lip balm. i'm all about sensory and mental stimulation with my products, and i can't get past images of chickens scratching a poop-covered pen, waiting to be slaughtered. yucccckkkk!

didn't urban decay already attempt this shtick with much more irony and finesse?

--avalange

Ugh, I totally agree.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I am using it.It is very moisturing. It smells good too. Walgreen carries it.

Enjoy
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this lip balm--it smells wonderful (lavender and citrus) and has a great ingredients list (posted above). I'll admit that I was initially drawn to this product due to the name and I make a point of whipping it out and showing everybody the label. I love the little disclaimer on the label: "contains no poop." I really enjoy the sense of humor about the product--refreshing in a beauty world filled with pseudo-scientific & girly/femme/romantic terms.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Well if memory serves me right I posted about this wonderful balm on the prev. mentioned thread. If you can get over the name which actually has a cute story to go with it(ck.the site)I think you'll like it.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Marci? you were right--I just checked and the "chicken poop" is now $3.99 at drugstore.com now also. Guess I'll continue getting it there...but someone in here says they carry it at Walgreen? I've not seen it here in Michigan..
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
lefemme - I found it at Walgreens here in FL. It was in the back where meds are located. The have a little tiny shelf of all lip balms (carmex, blistex, chapstick, etc) and that is where I found it at the store I go to. HTH. Sorry, can't remember what I paid for it.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Hey, thanks Riley! The next time I go to Walgreen I'm going to look for it. It's the shipping costs that are killing me! LOLOL
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'd just like to see the brainstorming session on naming this product, where they STONED!! I'd never buy it just on its name. I can see it now oh lovely lip gloss, what is it, oh here see its chicken poop Shock ......
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
I own this lip balm (I prbably own most lip balms out there) and it's one of the better ones, despite the name! Bad Grin

Really?! Shock Is it very moisturizing? Cool
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
LOL -- the "poop" is very moisturizing! One of the best lip balms I've ever used, and trust me when I say I've tried a lot of them, from $17 on down. I really do love this stuff!
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Chicken Poop for a few months now. It's a very nice lip balm. Smells like lavender. It's made with essential oils. Way better than any chapstick products.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |