Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Help! What should I buy from EDS???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

Well, you guys know me pretty well from my posts--what I like and what I dislike. I was fortunate enough to win a recent $50CAD GC drawing (yay--I love EDS!!!), but I have no idea what to get! Problem is, I'm SO happy with what I currently use, both skincare and makeup wise, that I do not feel like I'm really lacking in any particular department. I love my moisturizers, my cleansers, my oils, my sunscreen, my treatment masks, my powders, my lipsticks, my makeup, everything!!!! What is a girl to do?
I am appealing to all your fresh and ingenious perspectives out there--any and all recommendations are totally welcomed, and don't shy away from a $$ recommendation, although I can't really afford, say, Valmont L'Elixir, for instance.

I already have (or have tried):
Cellcosmet (dont like)
Valmont renewing pack (love, have enough of this)
Dremu oil
talika lipocils
IS Clinical sera
JB apple peel, antiox serum
l'occitane
Jane Iredale
PSF

If I don't get any inspirational replies, I'll probably just stock up on some PSF or maybe try something by Jurlique, but nota bene: I love all natural, active, non mineral-oil based products! But I value your opinions so would really enjoy them--thanks in advance!

-avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
How about haircare? As you probably already know I LOVE John Masters stuff.
Or you could get something like the Jurlique Touch of Rose set which looks fab and you can always use some more hand cream (the shower gel is great too, very moisturizing!)
My all time fave moisturizing mask is Valmont Nature's Moisturizing with a Mask, can be used on its own as a moisturizer, love the light texture and high moisturizing qualities, I actually prefer it to their day/night creams.

Decleor? EDS has some pretty awesome gift sets and their body products look nice even though I've never tried.

Cosmetics you could look into Cargo, I've heard good things about that brand.

Hope that gave you some ideas since you love everything you're using - actually I'm loving my routine too so my next order is restocking on JMO, JI's Brush cleanser and trying out the JB SPF 30 Tinted Moisturizer.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Avalange,

If you're happy with your current regimen, I wouldn't waste the certificate. First, wait until EDS is offering some fabulous free gift that you'd like to try, then, either stock up on stuff that you already use OR buy yourself some really nice masks. If you're into natural products, the Ole Henriksen masks are delicious! Or, the suggestion to try the John Masters stuff is also a good one.

I'm not really into make-up, so I wouldn't think to spend money that way. I also find it hard to pick colors on the web...

Above all, HAVE FUN !
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
All good suggestions, but I tend to agree with katee about not wasting it on something you don't need yet. On the other hand, this would give you the chance to try something new and spiffing.

It may be worth taking a quick shuftie at the Reviews forum and noting down anything that catches your eye.

Can't remember whether you have a Dermalogica Ultimate Buffing Cloth, but would very highly recommend that. Also, I'm definitely intrigued by the Eminence Sour Cherry Mask. It just sounds so delicious.

Whatever you end up buying, hope you love it!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
The gift card probably expire in a year, take your time... don't rush to buy a thing and keep it for too long.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Yes !!! I've been eyeballing some of those Eminence masks myself. I used to be such a mask freak! I've been doing alot of diy'ing on masks and haven't bought one in a long time. Hmmmm, it might be time to treat myself Razz
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
hmmm, so many good products, usually so little $ Smile i absolutely love the jurlique lavender hand cream and definitely feel like that's a splurge product. i'm also loving the dr. h. rejuvenating mask, and am really wanting to try the psf o2 rescue serum, so i think those three would be my $50 range picks, although i would second the john masters hair products rec (i actually just ordered the defrizzer and volumizer so i'll update with a review once i've tried them) . . .
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm in the same predicament, Avalange. I am keeping an eye out for a nice free gift. I'm thinking to try some PSF stuff, but there're too many to try, and not enough $. LOL I think I should buy the sample sizes from PSF web site first, so I can decide which full size to buy.

I'm thinking about their R&R Toning Mist, Browtox, and O2 Serum b/c of all the Raves I've read (except for the Browtox, which I could not find too many posts on).
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
How about haircare? As you probably already know I LOVE John Masters stuff.
Or you could get something like the Jurlique Touch of Rose set which looks fab and you can always use some more hand cream (the shower gel is great too, very moisturizing!)
My all time fave moisturizing mask is Valmont Nature's Moisturizing with a Mask, can be used on its own as a moisturizer, love the light texture and high moisturizing qualities, I actually prefer it to their day/night creams.

Decleor? EDS has some pretty awesome gift sets and their body products look nice even though I've never tried.

Cosmetics you could look into Cargo, I've heard good things about that brand.

Hope that gave you some ideas since you love everything you're using - actually I'm loving my routine too so my next order is restocking on JMO, JI's Brush cleanser and trying out the JB SPF 30 Tinted Moisturizer.

Sormuimui, what is your hair texture like (fine or medium or coarse)? I am looking for a leave-in conditioner, or a nice oil serum that won't leave my hair feeling greasy. Does John Masters have anything like that?

Have you tried: John Masters Organics Dry Hair Nourishment & Defrizzer? Just wondering if this one will make me look like I haven't washed my hair for a week.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
i haven't yet tried the defrizzer (it's been ordered though), but when i called the john masters salon in nyc (where i live), and asked for some product recs to help protect my hair from blowdrying, this was one of the ones they told me to get. i have fairly thin hair, which i explained, and they didn't seem to think that would be an issue, as long as i used it sparingly (they recommend just 1-3 drops total). the ingredients sound so lovely . . .
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
i haven't yet tried the defrizzer (it's been ordered though), but when i called the john masters salon in nyc (where i live), and asked for some product recs to help protect my hair from blowdrying, this was one of the ones they told me to get. i have fairly thin hair, which i explained, and they didn't seem to think that would be an issue, as long as i used it sparingly (they recommend just 1-3 drops total). the ingredients sound so lovely . . .

I need something to detangle my hair especially the ends, and to tame the tops which tend to be fluffy. Let me know what you think of the defrizzer! Smile
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I won a $50 gc too. Sweet EDS Razz

I am all excited about Dr. H products now. Just got my Rhythmic conditioner sensitive three days ago and it has been working for me. So I plan to try more Dr H products. But I agree with Katee, there is no need to rush. I will try to wait a little bit for a nice gift, though I don't know how long I can hold myself

Enjoy Very Happy
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, everyone, for the wonderful suggestions!

has anyone ever used john masters' green tea and rose serum? i could not find a review, but found negative reviews of the skin products overall.

i think i am all set in the hair dept lately, too... but that citrus neroli leave in sounds very nice.

and also the jurlique lavender hand cream!

now i am excited!

i thought that you could not mix a GC with a free product special, i guess i was wrong? i merely assumed... anyways, i will wait until the bug bites! and, of course, keep the suggestions coming.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
About the citrus conditionner-my hair is dry but I can't use it as a leave in-rinse out & even then I found it rich. Surprising since it's so light weight.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Sormuimui, what is your hair texture like (fine or medium or coarse)? I am looking for a leave-in conditioner, or a nice oil serum that won't leave my hair feeling greasy. Does John Masters have anything like that?

Have you tried: John Masters Organics Dry Hair Nourishment & Defrizzer? Just wondering if this one will make me look like I haven't washed my hair for a week.

I have fine hair. The citrus and Neroli can be used as a leave-in and that's how I use it, has never made me feel greasy. I've never used their dropper bottle hair products because I figured they were just potently mixed EOs and if needed I could always request our wonderful Carekate to dupe it for us Very Happy However the rest of the products already saved my frizzy hair and now my hair is back to normal so I guess I never needed those anyways. You could also give the Pomade a try but use it sparingly - it gives a nice gloss sheen while taming all your flyaways and frizz, not to mention the ingredients probably condition your hair pretty nicely as well.

avalange - GCs are different from EDS' seasonal discounts, GCs can be combined with the forum gifts + your own member discount. The checkout only accepts one code though so I usually put my GC code in the request box.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I would say PSF or John Masters Organics!
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
IS Clinial products are good choices.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
After winning for the first time, I just had the same dilemma--but what fun deciding! I kept changing my mind all week, right up to the last minute when I hit the confirm button. I settled on the new Jane Iredale undereye concealor, the lengthening mascara, and a lip pencil. I also got another PurePressed Base since I'm almost out, and that got me a JI GWP (a mister). I had wanted to get a JI eyeshadow kit, but I've got so much eyeshadow already... Confused Now, I can't wait to get my goodies. Very Happy Look out for the upcoming reviews.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
i got my john masters dry hair nourishment and defrizzer last week, and have been trying it out. while it does help control frizz without leaving my hair oily at all, i've started to notice all of these little zits popping up along my hairline. so, i took a look at the ingredients -
Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil),* dauca carota (helio- carrot oil),* squalene (olives),* oenotera biennis (evening primrose oil),* essential oils of lavandula angustifolia (lavender),* cedrus atlantica (cedarwood)* & rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary)*
i've heard that squalene can cause breakouts, so perhaps that's what i'm reacting to? this one might have to get sent back, b/c even if i like what it does for my hair, i'm not liking the skin reaction . . .
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |