Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Faboulous perfume site
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
whilst taking a break from my stats Rolling Eyes I decided to investigate trying to get hold of my fave perfume (now they have reformulated magie noir Mad )

I found this site that sells decants of really hard to get hold of and expensive perfumes. I have just ordered after a great email exchange with the owner and I'm impressed with the prices and the customer service. I will of course keep you informed about how fast they deliver, but not having to buy tabac blond in tiddly little decants is going to be heaven!

http://fragrantfripperies.com/store/

now back to work!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Oooooh, they have Muscs Koublai Khan! Been wanting to try that for ages. Apparently, it smells like big sweaty men - but in a good way.

Please could you let me know how much they charge for p&p? Ta loads.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
UK and canada I think it's free over $50 UK it's £5.50 or something. Pretty cheap I think.

I MUST try that Muscs Koublai Khan!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, what a GREAT find! TY GG!!!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I got samples of Tom Fords Black Orchid and Chanel No. 22. I'm sort of hoping I don't like 'em cos Tabac Blond is pricey enough!

Teh owner is really nice as well and says that the Musca only smells like stinky man to start. She thinks if I like TB then I'll probably like that as well. However I only need rub my neck on guapaboy's pits and I have it for free Laughing

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
There used to be a seller on eBay that I used to get all my 10mL decants from at *very* good prices and of the very rare perfumes as well. He had lots of good feedback and then all of a sudden he disappeared Sad

GG - can you let me know pls what you think of the Black Orchid? I've been itching to try that.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
No probs Mabsy. I could have spent some SERIOUS money on that site! I was only treating myself because I had an exceptional run on ebay flogging off my old shoes to a foot fetishist ... made four times what I expected Very Happy

Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
No probs Mabsy. I could have spent some SERIOUS money on that site! I was only treating myself because I had an exceptional run on ebay flogging off my old shoes to a foot fetishist ... made four times what I expected Very Happy

Well done! Definitely deserved those treats then Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Oooooh, they have Muscs Koublai Khan! Been wanting to try that for ages. Apparently, it smells like big sweaty men - but in a good way.

Try as hard as I can, I cannot imagine what this perfume must be like!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
guapagirl wrote:

Well done! Definitely deserved those treats then Smile

I know, gotta love 'em! The kids were horrified when I told them how much one pair had gone for (didn't tell them what kind of person had bought them though Shock )

Anyway Mabsy this is all your fault, it's only because all that time ago you wrote about your love for TB that I thought I had to try it Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
However I only need rub my neck on guapaboy's pits and I have it for free Laughing

A handy tip, if ever there was one. Laughing
Mabsy

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Anyway Mabsy this is all your fault, it's only because all that time ago you wrote about your love for TB that I thought I had to try it Laughing

I'm not sure if I ever professed my love for TB, but sure, blame it on me, I can handle it Laughing Just don't send me the bill when you end up liking it Rolling Eyes Seriously though, there was a time when Tom Ford could do no wrong in the perfume department as far as I was concerned. I am so curious to find out if the same applies to his own first release....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm such a follower, I've never smelled TB before, but I just ordered 2 samples of it because of these postings. Rolling Eyes
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
I'm such a follower, I've never smelled TB before, but I just ordered 2 samples of it because of these postings. Rolling Eyes

You are so going to wish you hadn't if you end up liking it!

Mabsy, I've not really heard of any Tom Ford perfumes before until recently, but please don't tell me about them! I am in credit card hell already Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
GG -- how strong is the vanilla smell in Tabac Blond? i'm planning on going to the Caron boutique to check out their powders and have always wanted to try out the Tabac, but i *hate* the way vanilla smells on me.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi la vie,

I don't find TB has a vanilla smell as such. the next day if you smell our skin there is the faintest hint of vanilla but it is really really mild. It really smells like warm skin to me. The general smell is leather and oriental if that helps. I'm not really very good at describing perfumes but it isn't vanilla!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:31 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I don't find TB has a vanilla smell as such. the next day if you smell our skin there is the faintest hint of vanilla but it is really really mild. It really smells like warm skin to me. The general smell is leather and oriental if that helps. I'm not really very good at describing perfumes but it isn't vanilla!

thank you. i'm not really good a describing them either. i *know* -- i just can't articulate it.... i went to the store yesterday anyways, and whilst it smelled initially wonderful on me, it kept on getting further and further away from on the dry down. very distressing as i loved it; not that upsetting as i actually controlled myself for once and didn't actually buy it.

complex perfumes and i just don't seem to get on though i love them so. i've seriously been wearing this tea rose perfume i discovered when a starving student in oxford some 20+ years ago. have briefly strayed over the years, but always come back. i keep on thinking i'll find an adult special fragrance of my own, but no.... i'll probably go to my grave smelling like a rose. or russian vodka. or peut-źtre tequila....
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:44 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
or russian vodka

You seriously need Ambre Russe by Parfum d'Empire. Vodka without the hangover - but without the fun, sadly. (Although it's a bit of a chap magnet, so there is potential.)
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
or russian vodka

You seriously need Ambre Russe by Parfum d'Empire. Vodka without the hangover - but without the fun, sadly. (Although it's a bit of a chap magnet, so there is potential.)

i am completely intrigued by this one.... thanks!

have a question for you all. has anyone else done the one perfume on one wrist and another on the other -- and then completely forgot which one you put on which wrist??? i went back to the Caron store (and think i got *another* powder too dark -- sometimes avalange is a liability -- but i mean that in all sweetness) and decided to try two more i was intrigued by: En Avion and Alpona. in the beginning it was easy to tell which was which based on the notes, but now that it's dried down -- i've got no friggin idea! i nobody's nose is close enough to tell me here, but i just had to rant at my own stupidity. next time i mark both wrists!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
out of curiosity la vie, how does it work in there, do you take your own bottle in and they fill em up from the urns or what? Also, if you bought a bottle of TB perfume (not EDP) how much would it be?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
majorb wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
or russian vodka

i am completely intrigued by this one.... thanks!

have a question for you all. has anyone else done the one perfume on one wrist and another on the other -- and then completely forgot which one you put on which wrist??? i went back to the Caron store (and think i got *another* powder too dark -- sometimes avalange is a liability -- but i mean that in all sweetness) and decided to try two more i was intrigued by: En Avion and Alpona. in the beginning it was easy to tell which was which based on the notes, but now that it's dried down -- i've got no friggin idea! i nobody's nose is close enough to tell me here, but i just had to rant at my own stupidity. next time i mark both wrists!

I used to do that all the time. I also used to, very stupidly, spray a couple of fragrances on each arm and a further one on the backs of both hands. Of course, they all got hopelessly confused and mixed. Definitely not recommended.

What I do now is actually write down on a piece of paper which is on my left wrist and which is on my right. Foolproof, even for me.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
If I sample more than two I get them mixed up in my nose. I always try and go one at a time. I actually have 6 other Caron perfume samples but could just never get past TB Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
If I sample more than two I get them mixed up in my nose. I always try and go one at a time. I actually have 6 other Caron perfume samples but could just never get past TB Laughing

one of these is actually smelling quite a bit like i thought TB would. i *loved* TB out of the bottle, it just lost me on the dry down (god i sound pretentious!). i'm think that's En Avion, but i thought that was the wrist i sprayed Alpona on....

knowing me, if i wrote it down, i'd lose the paper. think i'll have to go with guapagirls single scent route. or maybe i could just bathe in an urn.... (vodka in hand, of course)
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I received my TB sample. Its very nice. Everything that was written about it was right on target!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I hate to admit this but I once, having run out of room on my arms and hands, rolled up my jeans and sprayed some on a leg. The woman did ask me how I'd be able to smell it, so I had a go - and couldn't. Nearly fell over trying and all.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |