Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nose - large pores
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
What to do, what to do? I have dry skin, so any suggestions about how to make my large nose pores less noticeable / smaller?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Pureluxe has this product called eraser. I have it and I think it helps camouflage nose pores. It is cheap enough to buy too...here is the link
http://pureluxecosmetics.com HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have a similar problem but would love to find a product to actually help tighten the pores rather than camoflage them. Any suggestions?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, same thing here. I would much rather tighten the pores than camoflauge them. I'm afraid that "camoflauging" them will only clog them more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm:

you're in luck! I just posted this the other day:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21249

and here is a paste of la vie en rose's similar experience:

Quote:
okay. i would just like to say a few apologies for things i thought in my head, but had the presence of mind not to actually say. 1) that avalange was full of merde for saying that the Cleansing Mud got rid of her pores after one cleansing (she of perfect glowing skin) and 2) to whoever thought there may be menthol in this -- i thought you hyper-sensitive and more than a little looney. 1) je suis désolé and 2) i am sorry. so here goes a mini-review of the Cleansing Mud....

this morning: i squirted out a few little pumps and stared at it, having no idea what to do. no directions on the trial-size version, so i just kind of winged it. wet my face and rubbed this all about. no foam, no grit, how was this going to do anything???

but wait, what was that i was feeling on my face. OH MY GOD! it felt exactly like when i slathered my body in BenGay after a master dance class with Twyla Tharp -- except this was on my face Shock merde, merde, merde. must get this off (what this? there was barely anything i could see) my face immediately before i'm mistaken for Mr. Tomato Head. warm water, obviously not on my face any more, even though i can still feel it. but wait! what's wrong? my face! not only is it *not* beet red, but it's honestly the *least* red i've ever seen it, especially after a wash.

i know this is too good to be true, but i'm in a hurry, and blithely apply my C. okay, now *that* smarts. and my face turns red. of course. light moisturiser, sunscreen, a little creme-to-powder foundation.... and what's this? i need blush? *i* need blush??? i never *need* blush. i *am* blush. i might use blush to even out the red, but i'm never lacking in it. and, ladies, *that* is a first.

did i look poreless as well? well, actually, i looked pretty damned poreless and i have some pores the size of an ocean. the negative side, though, was that my scars (yes, i have those too) stood out that much more because the rest of my face looked smooth.

would it last the day? again, i had my doubts. not only does *no* product work instantaneously, but there was just no way it would last and my naturally rosy cheeks not bleed through. after all, i don't use much foundation and usually just let them glow.... it's now late afternoon here and my complexion still looks almost flawless and i'm as pale as a ghost.

i am dumbstruck. will it keep up? i don't know, but here's hoping it will. i honestly felt prettier today than i have in the longest while and that's even with two cystic breakouts on my face.

mud wrestling, anyone???

I think she is arranging for a discount for EDS members, so pm her: "la vie en rose".

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks avalange!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I am embarrassed Embarassed to admit this because as a person with rosacea, I feel strongly that the use of retinoids on skin with rosacea is not an optimal mix.

As far as my nose goes, two things changed my mind:
1. I had blackheads on my nose that nothing seemed to eradicate, including numerous prescriptions from my dermatologist.
I was constantly operating on my own blackheads (squeezing) and this exacerbated the broken capillary problem on my nose. I thought retinoid use on my nose would have to be better than squeezing.

2. I had a basal cell carcinoma on my nose; some studies indicate that retinoids may help eliminate pre-cancers, etc. Of course, this is controversial.

I thought, what the heck, and gave Avage (tazarotene) a try.

My nose is clear ~ no blackheads, pores almost invisible. It only took two weeks.

I use Avage 2 times a week on my nose only. I put moisturize on first, before the Avage. Sometimes, I put moisturizer on over the Avage after waiting about twenty/thirty minutes. It really works!!!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Is Avage a prescription-only product?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is prescription only.
I bought it without a prescription from Amazon, but it is no longer available there.
When I went to my dermatologist, she said Avage was a great idea for my nose and was pleased with the results. It really is amazing and I have tried a multitude of products both prescription and non - prescription.

I wish she had offered it to me ages ago!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |