Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone else not able to drink 2 Litres water/day? Good News!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Found this today!
Since I'm a tea lover and have NEVER been able to stick to drinking 1 litre of water a day, every day - let alone 2 Litres( Rolling Eyes ), thought I'd share:

"The diuretic action of caffeine may be due to an increase in renal blood
flow, leading to an increased glomerular filtration rate (GFR), or due to a
decreased reabsorption of sodium in the renal tubules. The diuretic effect of
caffeine is dependent on the amount consumed and duration of intake eg the
caffeine in tea does not have a diuretic effect unless the amount of tea consumed
at one sitting contains more than 250-300mg of caffeine, equivalent to between 5
and 6 cups of tea.
In fact, due to the volume of fluid that is drunk whilst enjoying a cup of tea, the
British Dietetic Association advises that tea can contribute towards the daily recommended
fluid intake of 1.5 to 2 litres."
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have not drunk any water today! Sad
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Haha I hope that's true as it'll be good news for me! I can never drink water unless I'm really thirsty Sad Wish I could change this bad habit Confused Ah well... more tea it is Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I drink lots of water, but understand you can drink too much.
Can't win !! Confused Confused
Mabsy

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Melissa, I've always wondered about that but have been told (by doctors) that drinking green tea even is not the same (in terms of the 2L intake) as drinking water. I wonder who is right... I hate all this conflicting info everywhere Mad Still, I don't see why it would not count towards the 2L if it's low on caffeine?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Prog on TV recently said we don't actually need to drink as much water as we think as we get a lot of our water from food?! What DO you believe?!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I think I have envious skin Bad Grin I attribute the result to our dear EDS and the constant consumption of water. My SO sometimes call me WaterBaby Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love water.. But sometimes I forget to drink it.. Rolling Eyes
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I read that if you're about 100 lbs like me (petite girls), you can get away with drinking 4-6 glasses of water a day. For normal-size people, 8 glasses are ideal. I don't know how many glasses 2 liters are, but if I look at a liter bottle of Pepsi, I think wow, that's really huge. I know I can't drink 2 full things of them.

When I was pregnant, I read that we should not drink more than 2 glasses of water in an hour or it would dilute our blood. This came from the What to Expect When You're Expecting book, if I remember correctly. However maybe that's only important for pregnant women. But I still apply it today. I think I overapply it though since I often forget to drink water for an extensive length of time. hehe
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Maureenall wrote:
I drink lots of water, but understand you can drink too much.
Can't win !! Confused Confused

You can drink too much, but it's very unlikely. What happens is the water dilutes blood plasma and this in turn affects diffusion of other electrolytes like sodium and calcium that are required for muscle contraction - including the heart. This "over-hydration" most commonly occurs when people use ecstasy, drink heaps of water and dance all night, and with marathon runners, since of course they both are losing electrolytes through sweat, which precipitates the problem. You will have seen marathon runners at the olympics staggering to the finish line - which is often heroic and amazing, but the effects of losing electrolytes and affecting muscle co-ordination and normal brain function.

Unless you have kidney problems (where they cannot filter enough water through to keep the balance), overhydration is near to impossible in a healthy person(there is a medical term, which I cannot remember - tip of my toungue!!!).

HTH's!!!
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I read that if you're about 100 lbs like me (petite girls), you can get away with drinking 4-6 glasses of water a day. For normal-size people, 8 glasses are ideal. I don't know how many glasses 2 liters are, but if I look at a liter bottle of Pepsi, I think wow, that's really huge. I know I can't drink 2 full things of them.

It depends on the glass size - but 2L is about 8 glasses (i.e at 250ml each or one cup size in australia).
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
melissa49 wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

It depends on the glass size - but 2L is about 8 glasses (i.e at 250ml each or one cup size in australia).

Oh yeah, I forgot to clarify that the glass size they mentioned in the article I read and by the nutritionist my son saw last year is 8 oz. How does that equate to ml? I have no idea! Embarassed But I know that 8 glasses of 8 oz each equal 64 oz (woohoo..my calculus class comes to the rescue again), and that's easily do-able for me in my past life. Now I am finding it hard to do this. I'm too lazy to drink water.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
1 oz is 30ml, so 8 is about 240ml, so it's roughly the same (8 glasses of 250ml is two litres). BTW I only worked this out when buying skincare and makeup from overseas! Wink

Oh, and I'm the same with the water - too hard for me to do every day, just can't seem to manage it?? Confused I drink tea anyway,I love the taste, so glad I can count this now! Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
melissa49 wrote:
1 oz is 30ml, so 8 is about 240ml, so it's roughly the same (8 glasses of 250ml is two litres). BTW I only worked this out when buying skincare and makeup from overseas! Wink

Oh, and I'm the same with the water - too hard for me to do every day, just can't seem to manage it?? Confused I drink tea anyway,I love the taste, so glad I can count this now! Very Happy

That's great! I'm glad you helped me figure it out. I thought the Pepsi bottle was only 1-liter, but now I remember it's 2 liters per one of those huge plastic soda bottles. I guess I can just fill one bottle up with water, and keep it in front of the PC like what I'm doing now and grab it every once in a while.

I love green tea! Actually secretly I hate the taste, but I just think of it as medicine to help me lose weight and burn off fat and to be healthy to fight off those cold germs I hate so much.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Bkkgirl,

I usually drink black tea,like English Breakfast Tea, and not alot of green tea. I dontmind it, but find the taste quite weak. I recently found Jasmine Green Tea, which has a much nicer scent,and the tea is slightly better tasting IMO. I also got white tea to try, and this is supposed to have the highest amount of anti-oxidants in it, and this is quite nice to drink as well.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot to clarify that the glass size they mentioned in the article I read and by the nutritionist my son saw last year is 8 oz. How does that equate to ml? I have no idea! Embarassed But I know that 8 glasses of 8 oz each equal 64 oz (woohoo..my calculus class comes to the rescue again), and that's easily do-able for me in my past life. Now I am finding it hard to do this. I'm too lazy to drink water.

Uhhhhhh that ain't calculus, hon. It's elementary school arithmetic. Cool
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Uhhhhhh that ain't calculus, hon. It's elementary school arithmetic. Cool

Shock Seriously? Oh boy, I have to go back and review my Calculus 1 & 2 books again. I was so sure they taught you how to multiply 8 by 8 in that one. Don't tell me they didn't or I'd have to go ask for a refund. Darn! Those Calculus books were expensive even 15 years ago. I'm gonna look for a receipt and fly back to Maryland and sue the bookstore at UMD College Park. Katee, will you be my legal rep? :P If your specialty is not in Bookstore Refund, I'll have to ask my bf, but his specialty is actually patent infringement, but you know Patents, Copyrights, Bookstore Refunds....they're all pretty much the same.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
If tea etc counts as fluid intake how about voddy and cran?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

Well, I heard that plane crash survivors had to drink their own pee to survive (not joking this time), so I wonder if that would count toward the daily water intake?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
cool. I'm on my 2nd half pint! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am so bad with drinking water. Two glass is usually what i drink for a day. I only drink when im thristy Rolling Eyes
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
guapagirl wrote:

Well, I heard that plane crash survivors had to drink their own pee to survive (not joking this time), so I wonder if that would count toward the daily water intake?

did you hear about that ship wrecked family that survived for weeks by having salt water enemas? I'd rather stick with the voddy Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Lipton makes these fabulous mandarin mango green iced tea packets that have really helped me in getting my 8 glasses per day quota. They're perfectly pre-measured to dump right into your water bottle. I use to not drink any water at all, nada, for months, maybe years. But then I started reading up on all of the benefits of water & started to try & force myself to drink water. Yuck! Since finding this stuff I love to drink water. I actually have to cut myself off at 10. It's sugar free, 0 calories & has 80 mg of flavonoid antioxidants per serving.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
Lipton makes these fabulous orange green tea packets that have really helped me in getting my 8 glasses per day quota. They're perfectly pre-measured to dump right into your water bottle. I use to not drink any water at all, nada, for months, maybe years. But then I started reading up on all of the benefits of water & started to try & force myself to drink water. Yuck! Since finding this stuff I love to drink water. I actually have to cut myself off at 10. Plus think of all the anti-ox bene's.

Very nice!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
guapagirl wrote:

did you hear about that ship wrecked family that survived for weeks by having salt water enemas? I'd rather stick with the voddy Laughing

Salt water enemas? Sounds painful. What's voddy? I had thought that meant Vodka before, but maybe I was wrong.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |