Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: SBT Seabuckthorn Therapeutic Berry Bar (rosacea)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have Rosacea and it's hard to find a product that doesn't make my skin worse. I tried 'Face Doctor' soap awhile ago and it made my skin break out in cytic acne. I read the ingredients of 'Facedoctor' and found it had fragrance and I never liked the smell of the bar itself. I then did a computer check and found a Canadian company that made a more natural bar. I still start with my Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing cream but after rinsing then wash with the Berry Bar. I get a cooling sensation and the bar lathers up very quickly. One thing, you do have to rinse well. I then can move onto what I use as a sunscreen. My skin has done better and I noticed that I wasn't as red overall. I found the product online for just over ten dollars. I haven't got any of their other products and wonder if anyone has tried their whole product line.

SBT does offer some scented bars.
www.seabuckthorn.com

Ingredients in the Berry Bar (made for those with Rosacea)

Quote:
Hippophae Rhamnoidesl..(Seabuckthorn Seed oil and Fruit oil). Passiflora aincarnata (Palm) oil,Cocos nucifera (Coconut)oil, Brassica campestris (Canola) oil, Olea eurpaea (olive)oil, Purified water, Ricinus communis (castor)oil,Sodium Hydroxide (Soda) Crystals.

All our Seabuckthorn Therapeutic bars are unscented and contain only the finest quality vegetable based oils.

Cleanse daily and rinse well with warm water. A wonderful and nourishing cleansing bar, this gentle soap can be used as often as you wish for beautiful skin.

Weight At Least 100 grams 3.5 ounces

Seabuckthorn International Inc.
Peachland, The Okanagan Valley, BC, Canada
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have rosacea, but the products look very good! I will have to research buckthorn oil now.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
The products are good for sensitive skin, not just Rosacea. I'm sticking with just the bar soap cause I don't have room for any more products in my regime;)
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
it's good for you that found perfect product for your skin, I'm looking for that.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this soap for over a year now and I really love it. I don't have rosacea per se, but I do have sensitive skin with a bit of tendency to break out. Just using the soap everyday has helped keep my skin calm and happy. I find the bar lasts a really long time. Recently I started using the soap on my body, and it has really helped with my keratosis pilaris (those nasty red arm bumps).

My only complaint is that the shipping to the US is really high, more than the cost of the bar, in fact.

I did try a couple of other products, namely the seed oil and the handcream. Neither one really did anything for me, so I'm sticking with the soap.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:
I've been using this soap for over a year now and I really love it. I don't have rosacea per se, but I do have sensitive skin with a bit of tendency to break out. Just using the soap everyday has helped keep my skin calm and happy. I find the bar lasts a really long time. Recently I started using the soap on my body, and it has really helped with my keratosis pilaris (those nasty red arm bumps).

My only complaint is that the shipping to the US is really high, more than the cost of the bar, in fact.

I did try a couple of other products, namely the seed oil and the handcream. Neither one really did anything for me, so I'm sticking with the soap.

Gosh, I never considered the bar for the upper arm bumps. Makes sense. I did try a cream and found that I only get the results I want with the bar.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |