Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Can You Dry Brush Your Face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sept,

I can only talk by my experience. What I have done and what works for me. I have no idea if doing the brushing as Bren posted is better or not, or if it has anything to do with lymphatic drainage or what is the reason. Not that i question it at all.
I am not an expert in any field nor I want to convince anyone to do what I do.
I only know that doing the brushing in the surrounding skin of the eye with the tooth brushes previously bended as I did, and working the area as I posted (holding the skin and in the direction i wrote) did work for me and for few friends that tried it.
Everyone is different, and the greatest thing of sharing information on forums is how much you learn not only by others experiences but by your own too.

Wink
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Zenity - I totally agree. It's important to hear every ones experience. I get encouraged by the results you have seen in your eye area. Smile

I bought this little baby tooth brush yesterday with a nice rabbit on the front. It will have a lot of work to do on my bags and crowfeet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I bought this little baby tooth brush yesterday with a nice rabbit on the front. It will have a lot of work to do on my bags and crowfeet.[/quote]

Let us know how you get on Septembergirl. fingers crossed for youthful eyes in no time at all Pray

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I remember reading that one of the more mature (over 35!) supermodels swears her radiant skin is due to over rubbing her face with a towel after washing. I have tried to continue drying my face with the towel (once it's already dry and I would normally stop), with smal gentle circular motions, and it really does get rid of some of the little dry bits, and make your skin glow. I don't think I'd want to do it regularly, but it's ok once in awhile
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
I bought this little baby tooth brush yesterday with a nice rabbit on the front. It will have a lot of work to do on my bags and crowfeet.

Let us know how you get on Septembergirl. fingers crossed for youthful eyes in no time at all Pray[/quote]

Thank you very much, Cindi.

This little rabbit started to work for me this morning. I will give him a few weeks before I judge on his efforts. Smile

Well, if this little plastic rabbit manages to erase my crowfeet, be sure I will report back to the forum. Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Please do post back, Septembergirl! And any others too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I am game for most anything. Laughing At my age I figure what the heck and go for it. I am a newbie to facial exercise. Part of the program is massage and being somewhat aggressive in handle the face (long story). I have the Clarisonic and tested using the delicate brush on my dry skin. After I go though all areas dry, I proceed and use a cleanser, pat dry and moisturize well. WOW...my skin feels so alive after doing this. If not for this thread I would have never tried it. Thanks Wink

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Ok, Winnie, you got me in on this one!!!! What a great idea I have to order a delicate brush (I use the sensitive one wet) but I'm gonna try this!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Just in case someone wants to see my toothbrushes and how they look after adapting them here is a link where some pics are posted:
http://flexeffect.proboards19.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=Share&thread=3035
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Zenity, I tried to use your link but the page said, "This thread does not exist" Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Weird!
It does not work if you direct click on it, but it does if you copy and paste in your browser. Try that.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Brushing the face helps with removing toxins, helps with circulation and promoting oxygen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:58 am      Reply with quote
OK, that worked, thanks. Seeing the pics helped me understand much more how the curvature and the issue areas. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I am game for most anything. Laughing At my age I figure what the heck and go for it. I am a newbie to facial exercise. Part of the program is massage and being somewhat aggressive in handle the face (long story). I have the Clarisonic and tested using the delicate brush on my dry skin. After I go though all areas dry, I proceed and use a cleanser, pat dry and moisturize well. WOW...my skin feels so alive after doing this. If not for this thread I would have never tried it. Thanks Wink

I think it might be a point that skin needs to be challenged to a certain extent in order to get strong and robust. Just like our soul (sigh...).

I have been thinking about buying the Clarisonic brush if the electric brush can be used in Norway. Confused Do you think the normal brush head will be to stiff for dry brushing?

Off topic: Why am I not able to post a link at this forum?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl, you can get an adapter for the Clarisonic. I wouldn't have the patience to wait - it seems like Clarisonic is taking a while to get it's internationals ready for market... They originally said they would be coming out this month; now they say sometime in 2008.... There are a number of people here who have posted that they bought an adapter and use the Clarisonic fine.

I tried Winnie's idea of using the Clarisonic dry yesterday and it worked fine. I use the Sensitive Brush, so I used that. I do have a normal brush though (mine came with one of each) and might try it as well.

I get my brush head replacements on Ebay and it's much harder to find delicate brush heads there... But it doesn't seem like I need one after trying the sensitive one...

Regarding posting links, I think you should be able to now. I think after a certain # of posts, you can then post a hyperlink. Forget the actual # but you seem over it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Septembergirl, you can get an adapter for the Clarisonic. I wouldn't have the patience to wait - it seems like Clarisonic is taking a while to get it's internationals ready for market... They originally said they would be coming out this month; now they say sometime in 2008.... There are a number of people here who have posted that they bought an adapter and use the Clarisonic fine.

I tried Winnie's idea of using the Clarisonic dry yesterday and it worked fine. I use the Sensitive Brush, so I used that. I do have a normal brush though (mine came with one of each) and might try it as well.

I get my brush head replacements on Ebay and it's much harder to find delicate brush heads there... But it doesn't seem like I need one after trying the sensitive one...

Regarding posting links, I think you should be able to now. I think after a certain # of posts, you can then post a hyperlink. Forget the actual # but you seem over it...

Thank you very much.

I would love to replace my brush with an electric one.

I was not able to post a link (on a certain product from an internet store) today. I don't know if that's called an hyperlink, or if I am doing it the wrong way...? My post disappeared when I pressed "submit", and I was asked to log in once more. It happened twice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
If it continues to happen, contact one of the Moderators of the Forum.

You should be able to post a link by just cutting and pasting the internet address into your post. Preview your message first before submitting it to make sure your hyperlink works. Hope that helps and you don't have further problems with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Lunarmm - thank you so much for your patience. I managed at last!

I was looking at Clarisonic on EDS website. It seems like they don't carry brush heads... hmmm. hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Lunarmm - thank you so much for your patience. I managed at last!

I was looking at Clarisonic on EDS website. It seems like they don't carry brush heads... hmmm. hmm

Clarisonic brush heads are temporarily back ordered from manufacturer. Hope they will come in soon. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Winnie, for your up-to-date information on Clarisonic on EDS. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I was also waiting for the international model of the Clarisonic to be released but when I sent them an email they just said it would be sometimes in 2008 so I decided just to go ahead and order.

I bought a voltage adaptor and so far it seems to be working though I have only had it for a few days.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have found a website that has great diagrams and explanations of the lymphatic system and glands in the face.
http://www.bartleby.com/107/177.html
In case someone wants to check it out to do proper lymph draining brush in the face.
It has helped me a lot to understand how to brush in order to direct the lymphatic fluid to the glands to get all the benefits of lymphatic cleansing.
There is also a great explanation about how to dry skin brush body and face in the same thread of FE that I posted before (these diagrams are there too)
Wink
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
You'll probably all think I've lost it, but here goes anyway..

I use a baby's hairbrush on my face. ... I keep a larger one in the shower for the rest of me.

A larger baby hair brush? (heehee couldn't resist it sorry haha)

Anyhoos - of course the natural thing (for me) to do when everybody's raving about something is to go ahead and try it, and so try this I did.

I can't say there's been any improvements yet (I'm aiming for improved firmness in the long term, but my short term goal is to rid of little bumps under my eyes. they are not a lot but I see them, and it's annoying to be able to see them) but I like the way it makes my skin feels and the glow, the 'very alive' face I see right afterwards. I'm definitely going to continue with this.

Oh btw this morning I did the extreme and tried my body brush on my face! Right over my ears, too! And then I proceeded with a baby toothbrush for my eye area. Now I don't think anybody would advice using a body brush on the face, but I think if you do it r-e-a-l-y gently it can't do any harm. Or can it? It felt good after though...
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:45 am      Reply with quote
As Septembergirl wrote:
Quote:
I think it might be a point that skin needs to be challenged to a certain extent in order to get strong and robust. Just like our soul (sigh...).

I think that our skin gets used to what we train her to take.
I have found myself being so aggressive sometimes with my face, if progressively done i am confident our facial skin is not as fragile as everybody says. In fact in can say mine has become stronger, thicker and more toned. Aggressive massage, brushing and dermarolling have helped my skin to respond and become stronger than ever before.
So yes, using a body brush is not a crazy idea if your face is used to regular brushing.
I have done it myself sometimes when I felt the baby ones (i have different degrees of softness) are not enough. The key is not get so enthusiastic to hurt yourself and get blisters.

It is about looking better not looking like an extra from the famous Michael Jackson's thriller videoclip. Very Happy
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Exactly, Zenity.

The key is to gradually increase brushing power and time. I read somewhere to start with one minute face brushing and increase to three minutes.

My skin definitely tolerates more brushing now than a couple of weeks ago. Smile

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |