Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY Filler Injections
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ryanaus

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi All

I was a proud self injector for a few years in 2007. My injections were so good I didn't need any until now! And now all pharmacies seem to be prescription only.

I have always been able to inject better than doctors/nurses. So I think it's a load of BS about people not being able to inject themselves (aslong as they get it done a few times professionally) even though I wouldn't call it professional at all. Some of the doctors or nurses are pretty terrible.

The good thing about restylane is that if you do someting wrong (which is hard to do) over time it will subside. All this fear factoring is just very annoying. Why do we want to pay someone an extra $500 for injecting something into our faces that we have to live with (in most cases they don't do exactly what you want)

injecting yourself has many benefits. (no rushing) a little at a time, do what you like, injecting it deeply or shallow wont cause any terrible issues. If you go too deep you may not notice it, if you go shallow then rub it down and wait for the restylane to settle in or out.

Anyway - I need to know where I can buy it without a prescription! Please help!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:20 am      Reply with quote
ryanaus wrote:
Hi All

I was a proud self injector for a few years in 2007. My injections were so good I didn't need any until now! And now all pharmacies seem to be prescription only.

I have always been able to inject better than doctors/nurses. So I think it's a load of BS about people not being able to inject themselves (aslong as they get it done a few times professionally) even though I wouldn't call it professional at all. Some of the doctors or nurses are pretty terrible.

The good thing about restylane is that if you do someting wrong (which is hard to do) over time it will subside. All this fear factoring is just very annoying. Why do we want to pay someone an extra $500 for injecting something into our faces that we have to live with (in most cases they don't do exactly what you want)

injecting yourself has many benefits. (no rushing) a little at a time, do what you like, injecting it deeply or shallow wont cause any terrible issues. If you go too deep you may not notice it, if you go shallow then rub it down and wait for the restylane to settle in or out.

Anyway - I need to know where I can buy it without a prescription! Please help!

I agree with you. IMO some of the nurses doing the injecting have no idea!

As for finding a supplier - the best place to look at was the Skindeep chat forum. But now I can't find it - has it folded up? Hopefully, someone else will know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Personally I think self injecting is a tad crazy, but I am all for to each their own so throw this ~ buy restylane online~ into google and you will get numerous sellers that sell online!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

As for finding a supplier - the best place to look at was the Skindeep chat forum. But now I can't find it - has it folded up? Hopefully, someone else will know.

I have just spent several minutes trying to find Skindeep and I am finding a tattoo forum with that name, but nothing like the original Skindeep?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:01 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I have just spent several minutes trying to find Skindeep and I am finding a tattoo forum with that name, but nothing like the original Skindeep?

It seems to have disappeared into the ether! That was the main site for info on self-injecting.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Keliu wrote:

It seems to have disappeared into the ether! That was the main site for info on self-injecting.

I remember it well Keliu, I have no idea what happened to cause it's demise but it is nowhere I can find either? hmm

ETA: I found that on Make Me Heal's forum there is a discussion pertaining to all posts regarding self injecting being deleted due to legal issues involved.

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/botox-restylane-injections/where-did-the-posts-self-injecting-t104141.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:48 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
ETA: I found that on Make Me Heal's forum there is a discussion pertaining to all posts regarding self injecting being deleted due to legal issues involved.

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/botox-restylane-injections/where-did-the-posts-self-injecting-t104141.html

That's an interesting stance taken by MMH. If that was the case here on EDS then we wouldn't be able to discuss Retin-A or Lumigan/Careprost either!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

That's an interesting stance taken by MMH. If that was the case here on EDS then we wouldn't be able to discuss Retin-A or Lumigan/Careprost either!

I agree, I wonder what caused that to be their decision? It might also be why Skindeep is nowhere to be found?

It is amazing there are "pro-anorexia" sites all over the web yet this is being squashed possibly.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Guys it's a joke. Once you do it yourself it's not crazy it all, far from it.. It's actually a damn good idea! Do it yourself, do it right and it's 80% cheaper (which the doctors HATE)

Why do you think they're pulling this information? Lost revenue for doctors. When people learn how to do things themselves and stop going to a doctor, well you can count the $ they'd be losing.

It isn't dangerous, life threatening. If you do totally screw it up (which is very rare and hard to do) restylane fades away over time. No one is going to take a syringe and go ballistic and inject it anywhere.

If I can do things myself I should have the right to do so and choose to do so. I don't do drugs, not a drug addict. I just look after myself. I am not a criminal for doing so.

All the online places are fake (apart from the places that require an RX) must be someone who does it on the side though!! Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:08 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Keliu wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I agree, I wonder what caused that to be their decision? It might also be why Skindeep is nowhere to be found?

It is amazing there are "pro-anorexia" sites all over the web yet this is being squashed possibly.

I know that the DIY Injecting Forum on SkinDeep got very secret about where they were purchasing from. The info on the suppliers went under-ground. But you could still ferret out the info if you wanted to. But SD wasn't just about self-injecting, it was a comprehensive site like EDS. I'm sure I saw somewhere they were working on a new site, but now I don't know where I read that.

Regarding self-injecting - I've never been brave enough to try it myself. But it certainly isn't illegal. And if you can purchase the injectables on the web, I don't believe that's illegal either (although you'd have to comply with your country's customs laws. I can't see it's any different to dermarolling or home peels - you could argue that they should be a medical procedure only.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:15 am      Reply with quote
ryanaus wrote:
Guys it's a joke. Once you do it yourself it's not crazy it all, far from it.. It's actually a damn good idea! Do it yourself, do it right and it's 80% cheaper (which the doctors HATE)

Why do you think they're pulling this information? Lost revenue for doctors. When people learn how to do things themselves and stop going to a doctor, well you can count the $ they'd be losing.

It isn't dangerous, life threatening. If you do totally screw it up (which is very rare and hard to do) restylane fades away over time. No one is going to take a syringe and go ballistic and inject it anywhere.

If I can do things myself I should have the right to do so and choose to do so. I don't do drugs, not a drug addict. I just look after myself. I am not a criminal for doing so.

All the online places are fake (apart from the places that require an RX) must be someone who does it on the side though!! Smile

LOL. I think you have every right to do as you choose with your own body. I don't have any injections done professionally or otherwise. I have no fear of needles at all, I just would not choose to inject botox or anything personally.

I get exactly what you are saying regarding the absurd prices that doctors, clinics and spas charge for this. It is simply a personal choice for you and me respectively! Very Happy

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've had injections done by my PS for years but my acne scars never looked right. Then I started doing it my self and the scars disappeared.

I'm much more willing to spend a long time making sure I get all the little spaces that need to be filled where as my PS is nice but still looking at the clock cause the charge is per a syringe and not the hour....

If I can do it better and I know what I'm doing why cant I do it....cause then my PS won't be able to make $1000 off me every 6-9 months...
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Amen! Of course anyone attempting this MUST bone up on anatomy and sterile setting. It can be done and it hurts less when you are the person behind the plunger. Another benefit is that one can inject VERY slowly which is less painful and traumatic. One can also inject more frequently and try a conservative approach topping up until satisfied.

Drs charge by the syringe and are not so happy to have many visits to achieve perfection.

It is not for everyone, but well worth the considerable effort for those who decide to do it.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone took notes from skindeep, lmk.
I was going to diy spider veins. There was a small discussion of this going on, and I intended to do this at a later time as it sounded like those who tried it were successful.
Had I known they were going down, I would have taken notes.
I recall they said for the fillers, that the neck was the easiest, which surprised me, the neck seems scary!
----But after reading it and watching a couple videos, it did seem like the easiest.
The cheeks appeared to be the most complicated--- to me anyway.
I started toying with the idea of doing my neck, after watching the videos.. it really is the worst place on me, and if the neck is that easy--I would at least do the neck!

I would do these downward turns on my lips and a tiny bit of filler on the upper part as well.
I did not want to lose my cupid bow though..so I was not sure if I would do it or not--I read that you will lose it with fillers.

The thing that kept running through my mind, about filling in the gaps by my mouth, was I might end up with a giant head like Suzanne Somers had for awhile--that it would take quite a bit of filler to fill those gaps out!

I did mesotherapy for awhile..I was thinking this could not be that much different. That site sold the lipocaine, I think that site is still up.

Also, once I got my lips and eyes tattoed. The lip line added another quarter inch, easy. Maybe I will do it again, it seems to have worn off--The woman who did it had me go to a dentist, pay him ten dollars to numb my mouth, then she put the liner on. The eyes I had to do without numbing.
I thought about finding a dentist again, and pay him or her ten dollars to numb this up, then do a saline injection for practice, and also some needling. That is the only place I cannot use the derma roller, is my upper lip, not even the light weight roller! Even with numbing cream.

I am sure glad I don't have a mustache. That would be horrid, to mess with the lip all the time ..
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
The problem with the skin deep forum and sharing information was anytime supplier information was shared the supplier would "mysteriously" get shut down.

I have found that professional injections from a high end doctor with great aesthetic sense..once every few years, which I then "top up" with my own DIY fillers has been a great approach.

http://skindeepchat.forumotion.net
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
My hero, Rebecca1!
Thank you for the link! I kept thinking there was a word you must put in the google search or it does not come up, but I could not remember what it was.
I am going to cut and paste anything important now, just in case it goes down!
That is an excellent idea, too, to do only touch ups yourself. (like doing your roots in-between getting color, except this is more serious of course)

I have never had fillers of any kind. I wish I had, that neck, it was fascinating, how one minute she had an old neck like mine, and then a few minutes later, a more youthful one! Wow!!! No operation, no blood, just a few pinches..!

I could at least do the easy stuff and leave the more artistic shots to a pro--(thinking outloud!)

Rebecca1 wrote:
The problem with the skin deep forum and sharing information was anytime supplier information was shared the supplier would "mysteriously" get shut down.

I have found that professional injections from a high end doctor with great aesthetic sense..once every few years, which I then "top up" with my own DIY fillers has been a great approach.

http://skindeepchat.forumotion.net
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone self-injected cortisone? for acne?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - I started doing my own dermal filler injections a few years ago after having them done by a plastic surgeon a couple of times. A couple of observations:
"Practicing" with sterile saline - it's not really going to help with technique because saline doesn't act the same as filler. Without any viscosity, it goes in without any resistance. You do get plumping - but it is absorbed almost immediately. Any effects beyond a day are due entirely to swelling from the puncture and the slight trauma to the tissues. What saline can do for you is determine if you're going to be able to concentrate while sticking needles into your face - which is better to know before you inject half of your upper lip and find you can't finish;)
Sources: I have never had any trouble finding brand name filler sources that don't require a rx. But I have been obtaining my filler from China now because of the much lower cost. Is it risky? Sure: you can get stuff which doesn't last as long as it should and there have been isolated reports on forums of bacterial contamination. I always inject a tiny bit on my forearm and wait 48 hours before doing my face. And I would NEVER self inject any permanent filler - or even any of those touted to last years instead of months!!
Botox / Dysport:
Much harder to find and when you do, it's expensive. Has to remain frozen in transit, so there are more variables to deal with. You need a script to buy from canada: that leaves overseas, so if it gets held up in customs or otherwise delayed, you have a problem. Most suppliers will reship if this happens, but its still a huge hassle. Once you receive it and add the saline to the powder, you have to use it up - some say it will last 2 weeks in the fridge, but the label says 4 to 6 HOURS! I'm finding that many sources won't sell you a single 100 or 200iu bottle, but only the 500iu. If you can split that with a friend or two great - otherwise it's going to get thrown out :/ These are my biggest problems now:(
pooter

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
hi all, new poster here, I am trying to find info on where I might find my juvederm, the pharmacy in canada that I have been using for several yrs no longer carries dermafillers! All others that I contacted require an RX. Help ! I will die if I have to have it done. I was never happy withany results but my own.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi pooter,
Have you checked out this company - juveni.com?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
pooter wrote:
hi all, new poster here, I am trying to find info on where I might find my juvederm, the pharmacy in canada that I have been using for several yrs no longer carries dermafillers! All others that I contacted require an RX. Help ! I will die if I have to have it done. I was never happy withany results but my own.

this forum might help you

http://skindeepchat.forumotion.net/login
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:23 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Hi pooter,
Have you checked out this company - juveni.com?

After taking a closer look at this company, I wouldn't recommend purchasing from them. Sad

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Did you buy it OTC? If so, what pharmacy and do they ship to US?
HarleyQuinn

Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Please, anything anyone can contribute to help me do this right would be soooo much appreciated, and I'll keep everyone up to date on how it went, swelling, ect ect.

Thank you!!! *^_^*

Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:40 pm      Reply with quote

Hi, I don't want to hear a whole speech
about how 'self injection is wrong la de da' life goes on ok, look, I ordered 3 syringes of 1cc each of Perlane and I plan on self injecting to plump my lips. I figure okay use 1 and a half syringes, then re-inject in about a month. I really need a link to a GOOD self instruction video for injecting, I am neither not allergic to any lip plumpers (i.e. Two faced, lip XL, lip fusion) I even made my own recipe from ingredients I had to obtain all over for a self plumping recipe lip balm, I also got Juvederm injections professionally from a doctor as well. Lasted about a week, and was only plumped for about 3 days, the next 2 weeks it felt like I had f#%kin pebbles in my lips. The only thing that even REMOTLY worked is that lip plumping pump, but it bruises the living hell out of me if I don't use it everyday, and if I do use it everyday, it stops working- plus I don't think it's entirely healthy to stretch out your mouth and the lips and areas around it like that. Here's the bottom line- I can find barely any info on perlane injections, and when I do it says it works well for lip volumizing, but I need a more detailed set of directions on how to inject it. Please help. Thanks to all who aren't going to give me 'the speech' and to anyone that can give me a basic guide. Thanks again!
-Porcelina

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |