Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY Filler Injections
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
A couple of weeks ago, I read a posting on this forum that had a link to the acne.org site. I read about people injecting themselves with Restylane, Perlane, etc. I found that you can purchase this from Canadian pharmacies (it doesn't require a perscription there) and self inject.

I just bought 0.5ml Restylane for $135.00 from a Canadian pharmacy (I paid almost $600 when I paid Restylane injections before). I want to inject it into a chicken pox scar on my forehead. I've had Restylane injected into it before, and as a nurse I've given myself injections before so I'm not worried about sticking myself with a needle.
Has anyone else done this??

....putting my armour on.....okay, I'm ready.. Smile
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I ummm am speachless, and most definately would not EVER EVER do this.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Chrissie!

I do this myself, with Sculptra, and find I get better results than when I have my dermatologist inject me, because I know the specific places on my face I want to improve.

As a nurse, I'm sure you know much more about self-injection than I do!

Some ladies may choose to use a topical numbing agent (I use the stuff I get from my dermatologist to use before laser treatments.)

It's good to visit the website of the product and study the technical details and instructions, of course.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
Hi Chrissie!

I do this myself, with Sculptra, and find I get better results than when I have my dermatologist inject me, because I know the specific places on my face I want to improve.

As a nurse, I'm sure you know much more about self-injection than I do!

Some ladies may choose to use a topical numbing agent (I use the stuff I get from my dermatologist to use before laser treatments.)

It's good to visit the website of the product and study the technical details and instructions, of course.

http://www.pinpointmedical.com/ent_news/article_archive/facial%20plastic%20surgery/JF06_Dermal_Fillers.pdf

I found this article while researching injection techniques. It addresses Sculptra to. Where do you inject the Sculptra???

I have a MD friend who has a mobile medical spa. She injects me with Botox and Restylane, and I really do think that after watching her inject me and tons of others, I can do this. She keeps telling me I need Scupltra because my face is too thin (I'm 42 years old, 5'5" and weigh 115.) I'm not going to gain weight just to fill my face out...so I guess Sculptra is a good option. Its wicked expensive, which is a major drawback. But if the Restylane works out okay, I may try that next. Was Sculptra the first filler injection you did on yourself??
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I would pass out whilst sticking myself. I don't mind have fillers but I just cannot look at the needles. If I thought I wouldn't end up looking like a lumpy pin cushion I would love to inject myself.

I am sure someone else on here said they do their own botox & stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I would pass out whilst sticking myself. I don't mind have fillers but I just cannot look at the needles. If I thought I wouldn't end up looking like a lumpy pin cushion I would love to inject myself.

I am sure someone else on here said they do their own botox & stuff.

They are tiny tiny needles and don't go in far. Restylane is injected into the mid dermis. I intend to use Emla creme, just in case. Laughing
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Wow. Will you let us know how it goes, Chrissie?

Where did you buy it from?

I think we will all be doing it for ourselves eventually, unless they stop charging us such exploitative prices to inject.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Chrissie - Have you looked at the Restylane website for educational and training info regarding injections (www.restylane.com)? As a nurse you may be eligible to receive one or both of the two instructional video's - the first is a General Injection Techniques video and the other covers Advanced Injection Techniques. I don't know where you live, but the Restylane website said the following:

Quote:
Who can perform treatments with RESTYLANE?
Anyone who is authorized by law to perform injections can administer RESTYLANE. In some countries only doctors are allowed to administer RESTYLANE, while in other countries other healthcare professionals, e.g. dentists and nurses, can also do so.

I am a huge chicken when it comes to needles, so I would want to research the techniques as much as possible before I attempted anything on myself. HTH's a bit.

As a Canadian, I am also curious about where you sourced your Restylane - I had no idea I could purchase it without a prescription locally Shock . Did you buy it through a Canadian pharmacy online?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Wow. Will you let us know how it goes, Chrissie?

Where did you buy it from?

I think we will all be doing it for ourselves eventually, unless they stop charging us such exploitative prices to inject.

I bought it fromwww.canadapharmacy.com I was surprised to see that it is a non prescription item there. Do any Canadians buy it OTC???
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
Do any Canadians buy it OTC???

Thanks for the info, Chrissie! I have never heard of anyone buying Restylane OTC here in Canada, but then again, I've never thought of trying!

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:09 am      Reply with quote
hello I am new to this site and I found this section on diy fillers. I have a friend who was trained in this area but changed careers. She is willing to do the injections . Do any of you ladies know of pharmacies in Canada that ship to Australia? I have contacted a few, but would prefer to deal with one that is recommended. TIA
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh I dunno, unless you have some training in anatomy, couldn't you end up doing yourself some real harm sticking yourself??? I mean the idea is really appealing, but since I don't know anyone here that has any experience with fillers, I'd be too afraid to try it myself.. But let us know how it goes.. Definitely! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Cleocatra wrote:
Oooh I dunno, unless you have some training in anatomy, couldn't you end up doing yourself some real harm sticking yourself??? I mean the idea is really appealing, but since I don't know anyone here that has any experience with fillers, I'd be too afraid to try it myself.. But let us know how it goes.. Definitely! Very Happy

I have had a number of fillers, and there is an artform to injecting them in areas like the lips. I think marionette lines are a bit more simplistic, however.

But after hearing my dermatologist talk about having to cut Sculptra out of people's faces (after it was injected by a pro Shock ), I think I would consider staying away from the longer term stuff for DIY.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am rather brave to do lots of things myself but this would not be one of them. I would think you would need to be really skilled, not so much with just doing the injection but knowing exactly how much/where to inject the stuff.
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing this for my lips for over 2 years.. Wink
got the resty from canada and get numbing cream and steralize like crazy.
Iknow it may seem mad and dangerous.. Shock
But had it done so many times and know techniques etc..just cheaper when i do it!

HTHs

amanda
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I saw the threads on the acne.org site too. Some have practised with bacteriostatic saline solution before trying Restylane.

They say the needling in itself is good for acne scars. There's no way I would consider doing Perlane myself though!

I'd like to try saline as it's so cheap, but I'd rather research injecting properly beforehand. Any tips would be wonderful.

Recently I saw Restylane on ebay, though I'm not sure if the listing got pulled.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
i think that it is a great idea to try saline 1st just to see if you like the results..
Also use a good numbing cream.
I don't want to promote this all, however..I know that there is a reason Drs do it..Just for me, it has worked out very well.
Don't want to send anyone to the ER..yikes!
When in doubt, go to your Dr a few times and watch technique, etc before attempting anything at home!
HTHs
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:
i think that it is a great idea to try saline 1st just to see if you like the results..
Also use a good numbing cream.
I don't want to promote this all, however..I know that there is a reason Drs do it..Just for me, it has worked out very well.
Don't want to send anyone to the ER..yikes!
When in doubt, go to your Dr a few times and watch technique, etc before attempting anything at home!
HTHs

Amanda, I would love to see pics!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am so sorry I don't have any that I can show..lol
I am a model, believe it or not..
So, I have to keep confidential..It would be really bad if my agent saw me posting lip photos..lol
she doesn't even know..hehe
I have found that only mild injections in my lips every few months seems to help them stay plump..
I also like the fact that I can do it at home and immediatly ice and all..This helps...unlike the icing for a few mins at the Dr's and then the drive home, when you lose time..
Good luck to you and feel free to ask if you have questions!
xoxo,
A Smile
kathrynn

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
wow thanks, my friend will be doing it for me who is trained in this area. But I do like the sound of Saline. At least if my friend does it I can tell her exactly where I need it. I am not sure if I would try it myself as the only injections I have given were to possums and kangaroos (wildlife carer)
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know where to get botox without a prescription that ships to Australia. I've been getting botox for 11 years now and know exactly the places to inject it. Tired of spending so much money on it. Thanks so much.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
kathrynn wrote:
wow thanks, my friend will be doing it for me who is trained in this area. But I do like the sound of Saline. At least if my friend does it I can tell her exactly where I need it. I am not sure if I would try it myself as the only injections I have given were to possums and kangaroos (wildlife carer)

I have injected my cat with insulin and myself with some meds in my thigh in the past...both were easy. But since I don't see myself giving myself a dental nerve block, I am not sure how I could do my own lips. Confused (but I do require a lot of filler there)

I found that even with my doctor doing it (who is very skilled), I got little bumps from Restylane if it was even a little too close to the surface...both in my lips and where she injected my marionette lines under the corners of my mouth. I haven't seen the same thing with Juvederm Ultra Plus though (that is the 30 in Canada).

Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I actually had a go with injectible saline and it wasn't that bad. I am just going to get the naso labial area done. Had my lips done last 2 1/2 years ago and its still fine.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Very interesting. How long does the injectable saline plumping effects last?
Thank you!

Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
so far just over a week but I might top up before it goes completely down. I don't get any swelling so its fine the next day. If I ever needed my lips done again I would not do it myself as I think it would hurt too much
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |