Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What ANTI-AGING products should I use? Norm/Dry, Age 27.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bubbilator
5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys
I have been doing some serious research on the products listed on this site in the hope of finding the perfect anti-aging skin care range for me. However I am now totally confused Confused and want to get the products right. I am 27 years old, and am experiencing the first signs of aging (fine lines around eyes, loss of elasticity, drooping eyelids... nice!). I do have norm/dry skin with the occasional minor breakout.
I would really appreciate your help in recommending a cleanser, toner, moisturiser, eye treatment, mask/treatment.
Many thanks, Bubbilator.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
You are so young. The most important thing is to protect your skin from damage - the SUN!!!, smoke, pollution, etc. So sunscreen and Vitamin C serum are priorities. You might also consider starting to use a weak retinol product at night to reverse any sun damage that might have already occurred.

The occasional BHA (salycylic acid) peel to clean pores out and/or AHA peel to remove top layers of dead skin would be good. (once each month maybe). (You MUST use sunscreen if you do these peels.)

The products I like for the above:
LaRochePosay DermoPeds spf40 SPRAY sunscreen
Cellular Skin Rx C+ Firming serum
ROC/Neutrogena/Olay make decent weak retinol products.
Neutrogena Rapid Clear BHA lotion is very good and not irritating. Target Brand BHA cleanser is good, too.
I like thepersonalformulator.com's lactic acid mixed in to glycerin (weak concentration of 40% or less) for AHA peels.

As always - just my opinion - good luck!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
A good Vitamin C serum, an eye firming and moisturizing product that you like, and SUNSCREEN.

There are undoubtedly other things that you'll need and add: a cleanser, a moisturizer, etc. But, I think that a good C serum, eye product, and sunscreen are absolutely essential.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen is the beginning. I love Jan Marini...it goes on so silky and just absorbs itself into the skin and you dont even feel it.

I would recomend a night syrum since so much rejuvination occurs at night while we sleep. I use Jan Marini factor A plus.
Then a very small abount of retin A/retinol over the fine lines 2 nights a week. Thoes tiny lines will disappear.

I'm very picky about products. I only use dermatology/medicated products rather than department store/walgreens ect.

Also recomend lot's of water drinking to help keep hydrated.

P.S Dont let anyone tell you your too young to start. My daughter is 14 and has a very simple regiment already. The earlier you start, the more wrinkles, blotchiness ect you prevent as you age.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I agree with all the others that sunscreen is the most important thing! During summer, I wear a hat & sunglasses whenever I'm outside.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
bubbilator wrote:
Hi guys
I have been doing some serious research on the products listed on this site in the hope of finding the perfect anti-aging skin care range for me. However I am now totally confused Confused and want to get the products right. I am 27 years old, and am experiencing the first signs of aging (fine lines around eyes, loss of elasticity, drooping eyelids... nice!). I do have norm/dry skin with the occasional minor breakout.
I would really appreciate your help in recommending a cleanser, toner, moisturiser, eye treatment, mask/treatment.
Many thanks, Bubbilator.

I just got a sample of gentle cleanser from skincarecentral.biz, and I must say I am pretty impressed. I also heard that I-Feel-Pretty cleanser is good.

I don't use a toner, but if you want a good one, lots of members use and like R&R Toner from PSF.

As far as eye cream goes, I still haven't found one I like but would love to try skinactives I-bright eye cream. I heard lots of good things about it. Katee posted a review on it, and someone else just did, too, in the Product Review section.

I use Orjene Organics night treatment I bought at Vitacost for less than $10, and I'm happy with it. I recently added additional actives to it, and I feel it works even better.

You might want to consider putting on oil, too, like Argan or Squalane. They got anti-aging property.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
the best way to stay looking young,seriously is to NEVER let the sun hit your face. I have sunshades in my car and I always block the sun with a hat or better yet just dont go out in the sun,that will keep you looking younger than going in the sun with sunscreen.You will also get fewer spots on your face and your complexion will stay smooth and soft.
librarygirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
You know what is better than worrying about all these products to slather your face with (of course, with the exception of sunscreen)?
1) Eat better. Too much sugar and salty foods are the death of beautiful skin. There was a research done that found that elderly men and women who ate more leafy greens had much less wrinkles than those who didn't. It didn't matter if they smoked, sun worhipped, etc.

2) Drink a lot of water throughout the day. Not tea, coffee, soda, crystal light. Simple H20.

3) Exercise. Your skin needs those toxins removed and beautiful skin needs a good environment to maintain collagen. If I sit in front of the computer all day or on a couch, I can see my complexion getting really dull.

4) Get enough sleep

5) Stop stressing

6) Laugh and be positive

All of these, IMO, are primary to great skin and staying beautiful. Creams and lotions are good only if you follow the above rules. So, if you have only 2 hours of sleep, no retinoid or peptide will keep you looking youthful.
bubbilator
5% products discount

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Geeeee .... your all tooo smart for your own good!!! Rolling Eyes Razz

I have to admit!!! my water intake is pretty pathetic, I hardly exercise, I'm stressed out of my head at the moment (10 year relationship breakup), sleep is about 6-8 hrs, I sit at the computer most of the day!! Thank god I dont smoke and I eat pretty well.

I guess I'm after something to pick me up and make me feel good. Plus I am all out of my usual products.

Thanks... I am going to take your advice, but I still want beneficial skin products.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |