Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Favorite Vitamin C Eye Serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious which Vitamin C eye serum people prefer. I'm considering:
Vivier (5%, L-Ascorbic, $36.)
PSF StimuColl-C Serum (5%, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phoshpate plus HA, peptides & "MMPi", $55.)
Skincueticals Eye gel AOX (5% L-Ascorbic plus ferulic, $42).
I also put the C eye serum on my neck, because the higher % leaves a rash there.
Preferences?
Other suggestions?
Thanks so.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use my regular Vitamin C serum around my eyes with no problems. I use Cellularskin-rx's C+ Firming Serum; it's inexpensive, stable, and free of multiple ingredients, so less likelihood of irritation in the eye area. Works for me...
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I used PSF vit c serum 12% around my eyes before but it was too much for my skin, so I stopped after a few applications. I just received my Vivier Eye Serum from EDS today and have only used it once. So far I really like it. It doesn't leave my eye area as dry as PSF one did, but rather smooth. I think I'm gonna stick with this one. You should do a search on PSF Stimu-Coll. A lot of people on this forum like it, but I've also read somewhere on the forum that it goes off quickly, which was my experience with PSF vit c serum as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi jakee,

I have both the Skinceuticals Eye gel AOX and the PSF StimuColl-C Serum. I much prefer the skinceuticals aox eye gel because i think the c suspended in a watery serum is probably more effective. I don't usually use the PSF stimucoll for the daytime but rather at night layered under my eye cream.

I am also starting to think that i don't need a separate c product for my eyes, and when i run out of both products, I will just use my regular C for my eyes too since I tried that once and experienced zero eye irritation but i was careful not to get it in my eyes Wink.

Have you ever tried the skinceuticals c + e ferulic acid serum? that is my current "all over" c serum and I love it. I have heard that those allergic to the aox might find this formulation more skin friendly plus the extra addition of E and ferulic acid is awesome for the skin. my mom who has sensitive skin has used it and has not reacted to it at all.

i would check out ebay for sample vials. I actually prefer them that way since the bottles are small and don't oxidize as much before I am through.

HTH, Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I use the skinceuticals C-E-Ferulic on my face. A couple times a week, more than that I turn red/bumpy (rosacea/sensitive skin). But if I put it on my neck it gets inflamed/itchy instantly - for days.

It's hard to know, the more I read, what's useful and what's just overkill/destructive. Having rosacea/allergies/dermatitis makes anti-aging pretty difficult.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi jakee,

I have heard the reverse too--that the AOX is good for those sensitive to the CE ferulic. Whatever you decide, i would sample first cause the c serums are so NOT cheap.

actually, have you tried any small company C's? Many use aloe in their formula as the base or an ingredient and i think it might be soothing for you.

I know lots of users here like Candessence C but Garden of Wisdom also carries some as does Camellia Rose (Jen). I am on the fence about plant materials affecting C serums effectiveness, but have Camellia Rose's on order now and will probably try GoW's since Markey seriously does not make any bad products.

So sorry about your skin allergies, i know it's difficult because my mom went through the same thing. Her skin is actually quite normal for for itself now and also quite tolerant of products since i started doing research on products for her to use.

Whatever you decide, i would love your updates as I am a product chameleon (minus a couple staples) and love change.

and you're welcome Smile.

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals or Vivier
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a Cellular Skin Rx C+ user myself. No problems (after about three years?) of using it. $38. Lasts about 8-10 weeks for me. I use it on my neck, face and around the eye area, too.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the help.

LOVE the betterat40 name!!

Oh, does Garden of Wisdom have a C serum? Looked, didn't see it, maybe I'm confused....

I'll try the Vivier perhaps. And report back.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi jakee,

Yes, Garden of Wisdom has a C serum. It is called Magick C.

Here is the link:

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4013927/3784285.htm

There is also a sample size available for about $8.

HTH, Kristen

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I Like ellular skin RX C+ Firming Serum
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I like IS Clinicals eye vitamin C. It's not very strong(which is good for my sensitive skin.)

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I still like the Vivier C serums most and have no problems with using them around the eye area. I did start out by using a specific eye serum (I think it might have been a Cellex-C one) but then I think it was Betterat40 that made me realise that I could just use a normal one. Still, if you have sensitive skin, go with the eye serums because they tend to b e about 5% vit C instead of the usual 10% starting point.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I am using Vivier as well based on Mabsy's suggestion. it has been great and sometimes, I applied on my face as well. Thanks again, Mabsy...
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I did start out by using a specific eye serum (I think it might have been a Cellex-C one) but then I think it was Betterat40 that made me realise that I could just use a normal one.

Plus, money saved on not having to buy 2 seperate serums!
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
IS Clinic Eye Serum
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I just received the Vivier eye serum, it certainly feels different from the Skinceuticals!
Not sure how I missed that it's scented, though! Never thought it would be. Seems odd to add fragrance to a product formulated for the eyes, a place that is usually the most sensitive to things like...fragrance.
Wish I'd noticed this.javascript:emoticon('Sad')
Are all the Vivier C's scented?
Anyone know about the other brands?
I'll look more carefully next time.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I just use my regular C serums. Always have.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
I just received the Vivier eye serum, it certainly feels different from the Skinceuticals!
Not sure how I missed that it's scented, though! Never thought it would be. Seems odd to add fragrance to a product formulated for the eyes, a place that is usually the most sensitive to things like...fragrance.
Wish I'd noticed this.javascript:emoticon('Sad')
Are all the Vivier C's scented?
Anyone know about the other brands?
I'll look more carefully next time.

Sorry jakee, Vivier's C all has that lovely orangy smell. Are you eyes sensitive to smell? Because Vivier's delivery system is really gentle. You shouldn't feel much irritation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used C serum before. I just ordered the Vivier C 5% eye serum and I am going to start out using that on my face and neck only. Thanks to andaman_gypsy for the rec.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:

Sorry jakee, Vivier's C all has that lovely orangy smell. Are you eyes sensitive to smell? Because Vivier's delivery system is really gentle. You shouldn't feel much irritation.

Hope it'll be ok, thanks. I usually don't use anything with fragance on my crazy/sensitive face.... Makes me turn red.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I started with Vivier Vit. C 5% but was able to work it up to 20% and I use it all over my face, neck, chest and arms. Only in the summer do I remember to apply it on my legs.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking to add a C serum to my skincare regimen. Have you tried Vit C serum from obagi? Is it good?
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:54 am      Reply with quote
vikki_cooler wrote:
I am thinking to add a C serum to my skincare regimen. Have you tried Vit C serum from obagi? Is it good?

Hi vikki_cooler: My first experience with C serums was this past November & it was the Obagi 5% eye serum and 15% serum for face. Still have & continue to use the eye serum - seems to last a long time since a little goes a long way.

But forget about the 15% face serum. Even for my combo skin, it proved much too drying. Others on this forum have had same experience.

When I finished the Obagi, I ordered Candessence Triple C Serum @ 20% along with her Firming Serum. Both products are as good as the feedback on this forum claim. And better still, the price beats Vivier et al too! Smile
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:

Hi vikki_cooler: My first experience with C serums was this past November & it was the Obagi 5% eye serum and 15% serum for face. Still have & continue to use the eye serum - seems to last a long time since a little goes a long way.

But forget about the 15% face serum. Even for my combo skin, it proved much too drying. Others on this forum have had same experience.

When I finished the Obagi, I ordered Candessence Triple C Serum @ 20% along with her Firming Serum. Both products are as good as the feedback on this forum claim. And better still, the price beats Vivier et al too! Smile

And it's not drying??
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |