Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How long does it take you to get through your AM routines?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
For me, it is one hour. I don't have a lot of wait time in between applications of various serums until I apply sunscreen. Am I just slow? This doesn't even include the LightStim application which I save only for the evening now.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
After I exercise, I hit the shower. In the shower I take about 15 minutes, then when I get out, it's just aloe vera gel + a bit a cetaphil. Very Happy
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
It depends because sometimes I am up until 2:30 a.m. And then the good mornings, it does not take me long to get dressed because I always have all my things layed out beforehand.

As for the skincare routine, about 15 to 20 minutes and I know I should be waiting in-between washing my face and application of Vit. C at least 15 minutes but I just don't have the time to wait that long.
I rather sleep in and go for my early walks if there is no black ice in the winter.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
It depends because sometimes I am up until 2:30 a.m. And then the good mornings, it does not take me long to get dressed because I always have all my things layed out beforehand.

As for the skincare routine, about 15 to 20 minutes and I know I should be waiting in-between washing my face and application of Vit. C at least 15 minutes but I just don't have the time to wait that long.
I rather sleep in and go for my early walks if there is no black ice in the winter.

"Black ice in the winter"? I am trying to remember my days back in Maryland to picture this. I can imagine black snow b/c of the dirt, but black ice? Is this a condition that occurs in a specific city? Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Well, because I help out in caring for horses and my part-time business and surfing the net, I am up late sometimes. Black ice means that there is ice outside but you don't see it. And if you go for a walk, you could slip and fall. This Crown Attorney that I know, he fell and broke his finger, because he did not notice the black ice. I guess the general rule is that you should always walk with your knees bent slightly, so you can take a fall a lot better or better yet Very Happy avoid a fall.

I know I cut the proper methods in the morning when it comes to skincare. I can get so tired, especially in the winter.
Tonight, I will be up really late. Sad But I love what I do, so it is not so bad. Smile
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Probably 10 to 15 minutes. Wiped my face with warm washcloth, put on moisturizer and eyecream and slap on some sunscreen, that's it. If my face was particularly flaky then I may spend an extra 10 minutes peeling the flakes off my face and apply a layer of aquaphor before sunscreen.

I put on my lipbalm in the car on my way to work Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
10min -
Cleanser
Vit C
Moisturizer
Sunscreen

Day Eye make up (5 min)
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
10 minutes normally. 25 minutes if I have time to add the Vitamin C to the morning routine.
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
10 mins at the most. Moisturiser with sunscreen, foundation, blush, mascara and lip gloss and that includes doing my hair.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Too long. Cool I move like a 3-toed sloth in the morning. Between shower, skincare, haircare... easily an hour, probably an hour and 15 minutes really.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Too long. Cool I move like a 3-toed sloth in the morning. Between shower, skincare, haircare... easily an hour, probably an hour and 15 minutes really.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who takes forever to get ready for work around here. LOL I really have to speed things up though. Too many tardies, and my boss might get fed up. I just take way too long to rub all these serums in to my face. Do you all massage in your creams and serums, or do you just wipe them on once and let them dry on their own?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Right now, it only takes me about 1 minute, long enough to apply moisturizer. No make-up because no one sees me but the baby. But when I go out it takes about 5 minutes because I also add foundation and mascara.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
From the moment I get up to being able to get out the door approx. an hour and this includes, shower + wash hair, skincare and makeup + extra 5 min to blow dry my hair. However if I do a completely eye makeup it'll take me an extra 5-10 min (primer, lid color, crease color, highlights, curl lashes, lash primer, mascara and finishing off with a swipe of my lash comb). For everyday I only use brow pencil and eyeliner, sometimes a lid color and that's it.
saladgirl
5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious about the time factor with vitamin C serum. Do you need to wait after applying it? I have been using Active C, but not waiting before applying moisturizer. Any advice on this is appreciated! Thanks.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Okay, let’s break it down:

A.M.

-Shower, Shampoo, Condition (includes my facial cleanser): 20 min.
-Brush Teeth: 3 mins.
-Skincare Regimen (Vit. C Serum, B5 Gel Serum, Relax-A-Line, Eye Cream, Ardell Lash Growth, SPF 30 Sunblock): 20 min.
-Makeup: Foundation, Concealer, Cream Blush, Finishing Powder, Eyebrow Powder, Eyeshadow, Mascara, Lip Fusion: 20 mins.
-Hair (Spritz with Chi Keratin Mist, Brush & go): 5 mins.
Total Time: 1 hour, 8 minutes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
shower including face cleansing - 10 minutes

toner spritz - 5 minutes as I let my face air dry

vit c eye serum and face serum - 5 minutes to apply

waiting time - 30 minutes

eye cream and moisturizer - 5 minutes

waiting time - 5 minutes

sunscreen - 2 minutes

hair brushing - 5 minutes as my hair is long and always tangled up

Then I'm done and ready to leave the house. However, if I'm wearing makeup, I need another 15 minutes of waiting time for my sunscreen to sink in completely and another 10 minutes for basic makeup or 30 minutes for full makeup. I'm super slow at applying makeup!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Mystypines and Lynn, thanks for breaking it down. You guys sound more like me. I actually can dally longer if I don't have to go to work. I just love sitting in front of the bathroom mirror and think about what else to put on my face, and when I put it on, I just rub it in until it dries on my fingers. It must be some sort of sickness. lol Then I'd check to see if I need to add oil anywhere.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
saladgirl wrote:
I'm curious about the time factor with vitamin C serum. Do you need to wait after applying it? I have been using Active C, but not waiting before applying moisturizer. Any advice on this is appreciated! Thanks.

I heard you should wait 15 mins after applying C. HTH.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I would agree. I was told 15 minutes before and after.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...it's about 20-30 minutes with sunscreen application.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Hmmm...it's about 20-30 minutes with sunscreen application.

Yup.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
about 30minutes to do the whole morning ordeal including eating breakfast. i usually try to get more sleep instead, i look better with more sleep rather than to spend more time doing my morning routine.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
dsq wrote:
about 30minutes to do the whole morning ordeal including eating breakfast. i usually try to get more sleep instead, i look better with more sleep rather than to spend more time doing my morning routine.

I think I need more sleep, too. Sleeping is the best skincare routine. Makes perfect sense! Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
dsq wrote:

I think I need more sleep, too. Sleeping is the best skincare routine. Makes perfect sense! Smile

That's very true. No matter how many products I put on my skin, my skin never looks as nice as it does after a really good night sleep...esp. around my eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Just skincare i.e. toner/moisturizer/eye cream/lip balm - probably about 15-20 mins. If it's makeup then I take about an hour! Still trying to learn to speed up haha :P

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |