Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Jan Marini vs. REVITALASH???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I searched for different reviews on various sites but still not sure???

Which one has everyone had the best results with JAN MARINI or REVITALASH? or should I just wait for the LUSH LASH serum??

Thanks!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am on my 4th(?) week of Revitalash and altho' I never measured my lashes to start, I do think they are a tad longer. Its the only lash product I've ever tried, but it gets my endorsement.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my eighth or ninth week of Revitalash and I've got some looong lashes. My daughter thinks they look thicker but I've only noticed the increased length. They also curl much easier and hold the curl. I've not used the other products and probably won't. When I finish this tube I plan on buying another and going on a maintanance program. I never had bare spots, irritation, or any of the other things some people have mentioned. I used once a day and I missed one or two nights the entire time I've used it.

kimberly
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using JM's original formula since June 2006 and I'm running out of it. I've had fantastic results but I just don't trust the new formula because it's been changed. Some people on here have started using her new formula, but it's still too early to tell if it'll work as well. So, in the next 2 weeks I need to make a decision as well. Every day I'll read someone's post on here and change my mind. I'm so confused!!!! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
New JM formula is not as great...
Dont' know much about revitalash.
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
New JM formula is not as great...
Dont' know much about revitalash.

How do you know that the New JM formila is not great?

5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with BluesHart. RL has increased the length but not the thickness of my lashes. They are indeed pretty curly. (Do you think it has to do with the fact that I have curly hair too? I think so!) I am on my 7th week and have seen relatively good results, but never WOW. My goal was not to use mascara any more and I still have to. After investing $210, I am a bit disappointed. I am not sure if buying another tube or looking for a cheaper option... Do you think Carekate's serum will be in the market?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Loreg wrote:
I agree with BluesHart. RL has increased the length but not the thickness of my lashes. They are indeed pretty curly. (Do you think it has to do with the fact that I have curly hair too? I think so!) I am on my 7th week and have seen relatively good results, but never WOW. My goal was not to use mascara any more and I still have to. After investing $210, I am a bit disappointed. I am not sure if buying another tube or looking for a cheaper option... Do you think Carekate's serum will be in the market?

Loreg, my original lashes were stick straight (I'm Asian). Now I got some nicely curled lashes, and some that just don't point straight down. However I do have some that curl sideways. Pretty unmanageable.

I am holding out for Carekate's Lush Lash when I run out of RL. Also I read that plain old Vaseline will help to thicken and lengthen your lashes, but it takes a really long time for you to see results. So when I run out, I'll try that if Carekate's Lush Lash is still not available. I'm on my 3rd month of RL, so I expect to run out by the end of March or early April. Hopefully Carekate will start selling her Lush Lash soon. RL is drying my eyes out too much, and I don't look that pretty with red eyes.
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if I should buy any or just wait for LUSH LASH to come out.
T-Marie
5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am a newbie on this board and have been lurking for awhile and love reading the posts. I have not used any product for the eyelashes specifically, but for about a year I have been using emu oil to remove my eye makeup and after a couple of months, I noticed my eyelashes are thicker and longer. I started using emu because of the "nasties" in commercial eyemakeup remover. I think because it is healthier for my eye area and conditioning for the eyelashes they appear this way. I had read on another board that emu helps dormant hair follicles grow. Just thought I would throw this out there because it is alot cheaper and it can't hurt to try it.

5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
T-Marie, thanks so much for your great info. I“ll give a try, I was reviewing and I have read that emu-oil has great properties and the best part, is cheaper!!! Very Happy
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the old JM and its awesome; it has really made my lashes long both top and bottom,no need for mascara. Dont know about the new formula.....the old is selling for 250 on ebay twice what the new sells for.If the new JM doesnt work then everyone will switch to revitalash...till the FDA pulls that too.
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
The FDA pulled the JM one? Why?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
it was a labeling issue supposedly.Some say its been reformulated,others say no it just had to be labeled properly,we will know in a couple weeks if it works or not.
lonsdally
5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
[b] Very Happy Actually, in answer to queries re the new JM, this is the only JM i have ever used....I can say honestly, with the new formula, it really works...I have noticed my eyelashes have not only thickened, but are darker....was the "old" one better? I can't imagine it being so....answer, please. And I am interested in this "emu oil". If this really does make lashes thicker and longer, I want to try it....(before I invest $)....thanks if CareKate has a formula for eyelash growth, I would like to try it....but I can vouch for Ardell I alternate with this one, I like it, Liz

this is for carekate: would you give me the recipe for your "homemade serum" for eyelashes? Thanks.....I'm very interested. I used to use castor oil on my eyebrows and eyelashes; it does make them grow....
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
The problem I ended up having with the old JM was red/brownish discolorations on lids, upper and lower, so I stopped using this even though it made my lashes incredible...is anyone having this same issue with the new formulation?
mystiqkal
5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
i never used the old JM but i've been on the new JM for about 3 weeks and miraculously my lashes have grown 2mm!!!! this stuff is awesome...i'm sticking with it!
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
This was just on my local news station. They are old news for the old timers but may be interesting reading for the newbies.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=drive_to_discover&id=5304946

HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
The new formula does not cause eye irritation and should not discolor your lid. My sister used the new formula and it worked for her but she only uses it every other day because she doesnt want super long lashes like mine-she thinks they look fake so they are not as long as mine(I use it everyday) but they have still improved.That link is no longer available Mt.view.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 2:34 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I'm on my eighth or ninth week of Revitalash and I've got some looong lashes. My daughter thinks they look thicker but I've only noticed the increased length. They also curl much easier and hold the curl. I've not used the other products and probably won't. When I finish this tube I plan on buying another and going on a maintanance program. I never had bare spots, irritation, or any of the other things some people have mentioned. I used once a day and I missed one or two nights the entire time I've used it.

kimberly

Bluesheart,

I finally got around to using the Revitalash I got from Patty and after a couple of months, I have the same results as you... Definitely noticeably longer, curlier, and more lashes overall. When I curl them and wear mascara, it looks like I have some falsies mixed in! Nicely dramatic without being freakish. Certainly worth it. I have not experienced any irritation or sensitivity issues (and my eyes are notably sensitive, since I have allergies), but I haven't been obsessive about it and have just applied RL those nights I remember to do so. I also have been using Mavala double lash underneath my mascara in the day time. What a nice feeling it is to begin to brush your lashes with conditioner, and they feel curlier, tanglier, and more luscious!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
helenajones1982

Tue May 15, 2007 3:06 am      Reply with quote
has anyone else tried folligen with emu oil to encourage lash regrowth? if so what results have you had? Also does anyone know when carekates lush lash serum is coming out? im desperate!!!!! Confused
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
That link is no longer available Mt.view.

Well, that sucks Confused

Here it is again.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/index?section=edell&id=3247778

In case the link dies again. Just go to
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/
Click on News tab and scroll down to Health.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
This was just on my local news station. They are old news for the old timers but may be interesting reading for the newbies.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=drive_to_discover&id=5304946

HTH!

No, the link is still AVAILABLE. EDS doesn't copy the entire link when you click on it. I reported this problem to Mabsy already.

You'll have to copy and paste the link to another window manually. I did it and saw the article without a problem.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for letting me know Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |