Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP, Sudden cellulite like appearance on cheeks!!ARGHH!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
GetMyYouthBack
5% products discount

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!!!

All of the sudden I am seeing, what looks like a lumpiness on my cheeks. My cheek skin has been looser, than I would prefer for sure. So when I would smile, there would be multiple smile lines, but now when I do not smile, there is a change in the surface texture of my cheeks, sort of a mild random dimpling. When I pull the skin back tight, the lumpiness is gone, but when I let go its back. AHHHH!!!

I have clear skin, I dont have any type of acne scarring. I am thin.

I have been having weekly treatments the last six weeks of (Dermal tone) type of electric stimulation, followed by the red light treatment. I had my last treatment there yesteday.

I have bought a few new creams that I have been applying all over my face in the last few weeks. I am guessing that this is a result from something that I have added to my regime in the last 6 weeks. but I cant begin to guess what would cause it. Does anyone have any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?? I got my lightstim today, so tonight I did a round of treatment, and am hoping it improves tomorrow when I wake up.

Thanks

44, 1/2 okinawan, 1/2 heinz 57 - dry skin, kind of dull in color, TOO MANY wrinkles under eyes when I smile...and puffiness or lumpy fat pads under eyes, looking for the magic pill to get my youth back
GetMyYouthBack
5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I went and started through past post. Could what I am describing be Remodeling? Hmmm...
and if so, how do I proceed with my skincare?

44, 1/2 okinawan, 1/2 heinz 57 - dry skin, kind of dull in color, TOO MANY wrinkles under eyes when I smile...and puffiness or lumpy fat pads under eyes, looking for the magic pill to get my youth back
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi GetMyYouthBack - Gee, I can't imagine any topical skincare product would cause your problem. It seems more likely either the light or electrical treatment (or the combination) would cause it, IMO, assuming there isn't something else going on health-wise.

Who's performing these treatments? What have they said about your results?
Mabsy

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm with April, I think it's more likely to be the treatments. Unless you have been using something like copper peptide creams perhaps? I don't know exactly what you would expect to see but apparently things get worse before they getter when you use these. If you do a search for copper peptides here and add "uglies" you will probably come across Guapagirl's old post where she discussed this (I think it was her, apologies if I got the wrong person).

Also, try to think if you have changed anything significantly in your daily life. Big diet changes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I hate to agree with the others since you've put time and money on those those treatments, but I think that's it. I'm not sure if this is suppose to happen, but I would think you're spending this money so it could make your skin look better. I'd talk to the doctor...maybe there is suppose to be a time of looking worse before you look better.
GetMyYouthBack
5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, thank you for your posts. This morning, I looked in y 10x mag mirror, and discovered that I am also BLIND. What I didnt realize, is that while there is some change in the texture of my skin, there is also red blotchyness, and some pigment discoloration issues that all combined gave my skin the appearance of the SUDDEN Lumpyness. I do believe that the pigment discoloration is new (in that particular area) I do have pigment discoloration or brown spots from too much sun in various places on my face, but are so used to some areas that i dont even notice.

Part of the problem with my going back to this particular esthetician, is that each visit, she would apply a different combination of different products. For example, One visit she says"...hmmmm, I like this one, it has this extract, and that extract and it smells of pumpkin....", OR the next visit, "...this spray is really nice, it promotes collagen growth....", next visit "let's try this one, it's good in X and it smells like mango..."
So, it would be really hard to pinpoint the specific product that may have caused it IF it were one she applied.

Further, add to the pot that I (from taking a tiny bit of knowledge OR MORE ACCURATELY a HUGE LACK of knowledge (ON MY PART) from what I have pulled from this board, thus far. I bought one cream by SOURCE NATURALS called SKIN ETERNAL CREAM that has some of those "magic buzz words" DMAE, Lipoic Acid, C-ester, CoQ10 and HA.
The other product is by Derma E it is also a Hyaluronic Acid Night Cream. It is supposed to be an intensive Rehydrating Formula. I am not saying that these products are good OR bad. I am just unqualified to decided whether these products should be used in combination with each other, the frequency of using them or if they are the right products for me. I saw the buzz words, was anxiously looking for the magic quick fix, and the reality is I have NO idea what I am doing to my face....

So, I went today, to Whole Foods again, I talked to a person there who I got the scoop on Dr. H. So, I bought the sample pack for dry sensitive skin and she also gave me an extra sample of the rose cream. I am ONLY going to use these products to try to get my skin out of this crisis....Thanks again...One step forward and 500 backwards...

The other thing I have learned is to add only ONE NEW element at a time, from now on. This way I can pinpoint what the heck causes the problem...Thats what I get for wanting it ALL, NOW.............

Bye all. Smile

guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think it is skin remodelling in the sense we talk about with CPs. That usually looks like really aging lined skin whereas this sounds like it's under the skin. I think it's most likely the dermal tone and light treatment. Maybe google the specific treatments with the words 'side effects'? See what comes up. It is probably just something that makes you look crap for a while before it makes your skin look like new! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Get my Youth Back. It's always so tempting to try totally new regime, but I've found one product new every month or so is my breaking point. Otherwise it's so hard to pinpoint what reaction comes from where. I recently got a horrible rash on my chest that I still can't figure the cause out. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
The two creams you mentioned are probably not strong enough to cause any dramatic change on your skin in such a short time. I think it's the light treatment that is causing the problem. Have you consulted a dermatologist who can inspect your skin? I'd be deeply concerned if I were in your shoes. Hope it will get better for you soon.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
For that rash on your chest, it may be from something totally unexpected. E.g., I recently found out that I am allergic to marshmallow extract. I unknowingly applied a cream to my face that had marshmallow. I got a severe reaction on my lower torso, but had no reaction on my face. So your chest rash could be the result of something you applied elsewhere or something you ate.

c4ward wrote:
Hi Get my Youth Back. It's always so tempting to try totally new regime, but I've found one product new every month or so is my breaking point. Otherwise it's so hard to pinpoint what reaction comes from where. I recently got a horrible rash on my chest that I still can't figure the cause out. Good luck!

5% products discount

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I just wanted to post, that my CHEEK "lumpyness" is gone. In fact, as someone said might happen, my skin is working back to looking good after being really UGLY for a handful of days. YAH!!!

I have concluded that I (because I am impatient, and want results, did not think about how mixing this and that and the other, where very possibly this and that may have duplicate ACTIVES, and may have overdosed my face on a particular ingredient) I concluded it was ME and NOT the NOT the electrical stimulation and it was not the red light treatment. I now know this because the same strange condition affected my eyelids, a day or so later. My esthetician didnt do the electric stim or the light on my eyes. also she did not put anything on my eyelids...BUT, I KNOW THAT I DID (DMAE combo cream, alpha lipoic? cream, HA, olive oil, and maybe a few other things, and I may very well have done this without remembering to put on sunscreen and then spent 3 hours at peak sun at my sons lacrosse game last weekend)....anyway, my eyelids now look yucky, but I am relieved because I know as soon as they peel, they will look better like my cheeks now do.

I have begun using the Dr. H cleansing, toner, and rose cream. What started to happen, is when I used the Dr H cleanser, and rinsed it off, my skin (Those brownish discoloration DRY, areas) began to sluff off, as I rubbed my face. And once I dry my face off, the new exposed skin, is red, like a sunburn, but it is much softer, and more even in color. I imagine that this is similar to what happens when someone has a chemical or fruit peel??

Anyway, Just to be clear I am NOT blaming the Dr. H products, on the contrary, I really LOVE THEM. So far they are really gentle, and it is helping to get my nice soft skin back to where it should be. WOOHOO!!!

skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Well...at either rate, I'm glad your skin is looking better. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |