Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
scabies
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: who can catch scabies and where?

#1 only people that don't bath regularly
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
#2 people that live on the streets and sleep in gutters
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
# clean people that take a bath everyday...YOU!!!
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

thnkmethr

Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sad help!!!! I have them. The two Doctors both said so. I think from a motel bed. This has been going on for seven months! I have tried everything including prescribed Lindane and other over the counter remidies. My girlfriend is amune! Isn't that strange>? Under a microscope, both Doctors say that that is what they are. The Lindane they prescribed cost me $200.00 plus x 2 and has gone up to $400.00 plus. This 8oz. treatment just slowed them down for the week of treatment. Is there anything else I can at least try?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Poor you! your treatment sounds very expensive as well. In uk we usually use this stuff called quelada (sp?) which is a lotion that you smear all over. I remember thet it took along time to clear up as we were living in a squat at the time. You need to launder and iron all clothes, bedding towels etc to really sort it and make sure thatEVERYONE else in the household does the same or it will keep on coming. hope that helps Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:50 am      Reply with quote
My friend caught Scabies about 6 months ago. Her brother had been on holiday, when he came back he stayed at her house for 2 night and slept in her bed whilst she took the spare room. After about 5 weeks she broke out with scabies and was horrified. She was given this yellow cream she had to paint all over her body from neck to toes. The doctor told her to wash everyhting in hot water, bedding, towels, clothes, flannels, hoover the mattress, carpets twice daily etc..

After 6 weeks she broke out again with scabies, she had to go through the creams again but this time was told to boil wash everything or throw everything away, bedding, clothes towels etc and buy new.....

This worked and now she is ok...

Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, apparently you should wash everything (bed sheets, towels, clothes, EVERYTHING you have come in contact with) in HOT water and then either iron everything or chuck it in the drier on a hot setting. The mites can survive for 3 days without human skin contact, so you really need to make sure that you are thorough.

I don't think it really matters if your g/f is infected or not. She should also be treated at the some time.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Jesus that's expensive! Thank god for our national health service.

I've found this as a natural way to treat them.

Traditional Uses of Neem to Treat Scabies
Add 1-2 tablespoons of Neem Oil to very warm bath water and soak for 20 minutes. (8 oz. of neem oil = approx. 16 baths.) Do this for the first 7 days.
Scrub with Neem Soap and Neem Shampoo, or add approximately 1 teaspoon of Neem seed oil to 8 ounces of herbal shampoo.
Towel dry, then liberally apply Neem Oil Lotion over entire body (not just where scabies are evident). Add 1 teaspoon of Neem seed oil to the Neem Oil lotion to increase its effectiveness. Continue using the lotion until the entire bottle is used up.
Adults can take 2 or 3 Neem leaf capsules daily for 2 weeks to boost their immune system, increase blood circulation and attack the scabies internally. Continue to take 1 to 2 capsules daily for 3 to 4 weeks after symptoms are gone.
Wash all bedding and clothing in hot water and dry in hot dryer. In severe cases, upholstery and carpet may need to be steam cleaned and/or Borax rubbed into carpet. It is important to eliminate all possible sources of re-infestation. This is most important during the first 7-10 days of treatment.

I pulled this of emedicinehealth.com
Scabies

Treatment

|Self-Care at Home|

Although you cannot cure a case of scabies without prescription medication from a doctor, there are certain things you can do at home to prevent reinfecting yourself or your family.

Wash all clothing, towels, and bed linens in hot water. Do not allow air drying. You should use the dryer.
Use the medication as prescribed and instructed. Do not use it more than instructed because you risk causing chemical irritation of your skin.
You can also treat itching with antihistamine medications such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl).
Cut your nails and clean under them thoroughly to remove any mites or eggs that may be present.
Vacuum your rugs, furniture, and bedding and throw the vacuum cleaner bag away when finished.

|Medical Treatment|

The most appropriate treatment will be for a topical medication or cream to treat the scabies and anti-itch medications for relief.

The medication most commonly used to kill the mites is called Elimite (or permethrin cream). An older medication called Kwell (lindane) is rarely used because of the availability of Elimite and its better safety profile. The medication is applied from the head area to the bottom of the feet. It is left on for 10-14 hours and then washed off in the shower. It is best to apply at bedtime and then wash off in the morning. This treatment is then repeated in 1 week. This is safe for use in children as young as 2 months.
Many different anti-itch medications are available in the antihistamine class. The most common is diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Other medications used are hydroxyzine (Atarax), cetirizine (Zyrtec), and promethazine (Phenergan).
All family members and close contacts should be treated. If a child with scabies attends daycare or a person is institutionalized (such as in a nursing home or prison), then staff in contact with the person as well as others should be treated. It is best to treat everyone at the same time to avoid reinfection.
Occasionally, the rash area can become infected. This is separate from the scabies and is usually a bacterial infection. If this occurs, it is treated with an oral antibiotic or an antibiotic ointment applied to the area.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |