Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Did Jurlique Lavender Silk Dust dry out anyone's skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I bought it on impulse based on the reviews here, but currently I'm going thru some dehydration issues, the dehydration is clearing up, getting better, but I'm wondering if maybe I should lay off the Lavender dust now?
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi FaithTruth - it doesn't dry me out but I only use it on my t-zone when it's oily.
Mabsy

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I don't find it drying either, but it is meant to absorb oil and I find that it tends to do a very good job of that. Given that your skin is recovering back to normal, my 'safe' approach would be to avoid adding anything that you haven't used before and sort out the dehydration completely first.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks will lay off it for a little bit. BTW, do you guys use it in place of loose powder, or together with your normal loose powder?
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I use it either alone or over Jane Iredale Pressed Base.
Mabsy

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Ditto. Sometimes just over moisturiser to take away the shine. Other times I apply it under my MMU to keep the shinies away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Over moisturizer and under MMU. I do not find it drying at all but it really help keeping the oil under control. I can't use MMU without it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use it under my MMU. It was fine during the first week but my oily skin started peeling in the area around my nose during the second week. My skin would also feel tight after cleansing, and this was the only new thing added to my routine. On the third week and after it started getting better and i stopped peeling since i've learned to dust a miniscule amount on my t-zone. I would not give up on it because it controls oil very well. I guess it's a matter of finding the right amount to dust on to achieve the right balance. I'm glad i'm not the only one that experienced dehydration with this.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
i find it drying when i put it under my makeup. when i put it on after for finishing i dont feel it being overly drying
ashlycheang

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
after my 3steps, i use the silk dust because the lotion is a little bit sticky and greasy.
i will apply it on my T-zone and a little bit on my cheek.I am combination to oily skin. and i found that it's not really very very useful. The oil still came out from the T-zone but like 2hours after i washed my face. The oil used to come out 1hours later. Anyway, probably won't buy another one.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm tempted to buy this product to use it as loose powder. Is it good for dry skin too?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I can't attest to Jurlique, I use CareKate's version...it was a little drying for me at first (and I'm oily), but then I added some pearl powder and now it balances out really well.

I use it over my LM tinted moisturizer. It's fabulous Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:
I'm tempted to buy this product to use it as loose powder. Is it good for dry skin too?

I wouldn't use it on dry skin, it absorbs oil too well. I can only use it in summer, and it very nicely absorbs the whole sweaty oily sheen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have that rose dust, but it is too dry in winter. Its good only for summer and oliy skin...
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I have dry skin...And both rose and lavender seem tootootoo dry for me. Just can't use them Sad Sad Sad
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I just received the lavender and I love it! I use it under my MMU Lumiere VV and it keeps the oil away!
Willow123

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I stopped using make up with talc in it as it is drying and can clog pores. Since I started using mineral make up I noticed a big difference. Not sure if lavender has talc?
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I did love it. Embarassed I have very oily skin and now it's too too drying! I love the smell and wish that I could use it but it doesn't look as good as my Lumiere V V silk powder. What else could I use it for? Thanks!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:

No and I wouldn't recommend it as a loose powder as it's white.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Ke Jiang wrote:
I have dry skin...And both rose and lavender seem tootootoo dry for me. Just can't use them Sad Sad Sad

It's for oily skin not dry skin.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Willow123 wrote:
I stopped using make up with talc in it as it is drying and can clog pores. Since I started using mineral make up I noticed a big difference. Not sure if lavender has talc?

No it doesn't have talc in it, it's corn starch.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I agree with everyone else: Jurlique Silk Dusts are probably going to be TOO drying for those who are already on the dry side of facial spectrum.

My suggestion would be to mix some ground pearl powder (buy it from Garden of Wisdom or TKB Trading websites) to your Silk Dust or order a ready-made DIY silk face powder that contains pearl powder. Member HPJRT has a version (actually, Mary was the originator of the Pearl-Silk Dust combination!), or I'd be happy to send you a sample to try out -- PM me to work out the details.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
hi carekate!

you're online Smile i've pmed you 3x - dec, march and just. hope i didn't flood your mailbox!

i've very dry lips due to roaccutane and been dying to try your products. please let me know what's the best way to contact you. i also tried your email address but it bounced back.

^_^

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
hi carekate!

you're online Smile i've pmed you 3x - dec, march and just.
Check your PM inbox.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Don't Jurlique Lavender line for oily skin type?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |