Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
"This Works" Skin Deep Dry Leg Oil - anyone tried
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
i have excessively dry legs (especially lower legs) and feel like nothing works. i've been using shi kai borage body lotion which is generally highly recommended to no avail. the s.a. at barney's recommended this dry leg oil by "this works," but since it's
$60 a bottle, i thought i would check in here first to see if it really does work!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
oh, and i prefer all natural/organic products Smile
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I found this:

"Winner of In Style Magazines Best Beauty Buys 2006.
This is a really rich oil to tackle dry, rough skin. Great after sport, swimming or sunbathing for softer, younger feeling, glowing skin and no peeling. This Works uses no less than nine exotic essential oils blended with a deeply nourishing fusion of seven pure cold-pressed plant oils high in vitamins and GLAs. Among them are anti-ageing Rose from Morocco, nourishing Sandalwood from India, regenerative, blemish-defying Patchouli from Indonesia and the highest quality Tuberose as well as Evening Primrose, Macadamia and Pure Coconut Oil.

To use: massage in after a bath or shower to keep legs silky smooth and soft."

and this:

"Every month Kathleen Baird-Murray tests a range of products that are good, bad and downright ugly. She kicks off with waterproof mascaras, facial scrubs and 'facelifts in jars'

Sunday January 15, 2006
The Observer

These pages aim to be ruthlessly honest. Every month I'll be trying out different products and recommending to you the ones that I think work best. Over the course of my career I've tested hundreds of items, as beauty director of Tatler, Elle and Marie Claire in Australia and for my book [How to be Beautiful - The Thinking Woman's Guide], so although I do have to stress that this, by necessity, is subjective, I think I know by now that what works well for make-up artists in a shoot is often no good for everyday use.

This Works
Skin Deep Dry Leg Oil, 125ml, £30, 0845 230 0499.
Rich blend of evening primrose, macadamia, rosehip, frankincense and sandalwood oils. Divine. And it works.
5 stars"

Now ~ I want to try this! Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried it, but have heard and read lots of good things about this range.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
i'm also quite interested in the in fiore body balms, which are also in the same price range - perhaps the best thing is to use both an oil and a balm, but oh, my ever-shrinking wallet! Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
If they really are just oils, then why not mix your own?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
i feel like that sounds good in theory, and in more capable hands might work, but i just don't want to bother ordering all of the different components and then trying to figure out the percentages . . .
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Charmed1 wrote:
I found this:

"Winner of In Style Magazines Best Beauty Buys 2006.
This is a really rich oil to tackle dry, rough skin. Great after sport, swimming or sunbathing for softer, younger feeling, glowing skin and no peeling. This Works uses no less than nine exotic essential oils blended with a deeply nourishing fusion of seven pure cold-pressed plant oils high in vitamins and GLAs. Among them are anti-ageing Rose from Morocco, nourishing Sandalwood from India, regenerative, blemish-defying Patchouli from Indonesia and the highest quality Tuberose as well as Evening Primrose, Macadamia and Pure Coconut Oil.

To use: massage in after a bath or shower to keep legs silky smooth and soft."

and this:

"Every month Kathleen Baird-Murray tests a range of products that are good, bad and downright ugly. She kicks off with waterproof mascaras, facial scrubs and 'facelifts in jars'

Sunday January 15, 2006
The Observer

These pages aim to be ruthlessly honest. Every month I'll be trying out different products and recommending to you the ones that I think work best. Over the course of my career I've tested hundreds of items, as beauty director of Tatler, Elle and Marie Claire in Australia and for my book [How to be Beautiful - The Thinking Woman's Guide], so although I do have to stress that this, by necessity, is subjective, I think I know by now that what works well for make-up artists in a shoot is often no good for everyday use.

This Works
Skin Deep Dry Leg Oil, 125ml, £30, 0845 230 0499.
Rich blend of evening primrose, macadamia, rosehip, frankincense and sandalwood oils. Divine. And it works.
5 stars"

Now ~ I want to try this! Laughing

so i picked up a sample of this at barney's, expecting not to like it that much b/c i generally am not a rose fan, but desperate due to my dry legs. i don't know what it is about this blend, maybe the woodsiness of the sandalwood balancing out the rose, but i'm absolutely in love with the scent of this oil. still a bit too early to tell how hydrating it is, but after a couple of days it seems much better than the lotions i was using previously!
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Please remember to post back in a few more days because I'd like to know if you are still getting good results from this. Funny, I think $60.00 is a lot for a *leg* product but will pay much more than that for my face! Rolling Eyes Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wanting to try this product for years after reading so many great things about it, but again the price has always put me off.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
i guess i'd say that if you have cheaper products that work, then it's probably not worth the $, even though the scent is heavenly Smile i'm just hoping it lives up to its name . . . and its price Smile
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Sark,
How is that leg oil? Is it living up to all the hype? I know it's only been less than a week, but I'm curious.
Thank you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
there are a lot of similar body oils which can probably do the same thing (i like Bio-Oil which is great in terms of fast absorbing, non greasiness plus it doesn't seme to irritate my eczema prone skin).

I think Aveeno also does a gorgeous body oil (which contains oatmeal extracts, really good for people with sensitive skin issues).
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
i only had enough for 2 days, so it's hard to tell. but, it absorbed wonderfully, smells great, and seemed hydrating. i think i might just go for it . . .
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Do you recall how big the sample was? I just looked online and the whole bottle is only 4. oz...how long do you suppose a bottle would last if you used it once a day?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
it was just a sample that the s.a. at barney's made up - really just a tiny little jar. i'm not sure how long the 4 oz. bottle would last though - i would only be using it on my lower legs though, which are the dryest, and use something else for the rest of me. hth!
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I think this company also makes a stretch mark oil.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
$60. for oil??
Maybe buy a few weleda oils and combine them?
They even have a body oil kit.
http://usa.weleda.com/details/?id=6050
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sark,
I so want to try this oil! My legs are so dry and flaky that when I take off my black exercise pants the pants are all white on the inside. Embarassed Embarassed I'm going to have to get to Barney's and if it smells half as yummy as you described, I'll go for it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem, with unbelievably dry legs. The only thing that has worked for me is to use a very strong AHA body lotion (found one made locally with glycolic, lactic, and malic acids) and then I seal it in with whatever oil I have lying around, and it works beautifully. I find that oils can't really penetrate rough dry skin -- they just temporarily make it feel softer imo.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I find nothing penetrates my dry heels unless I use a cream called triceram, (which has liposones)first, and follow it with whatever cream I'm using that week. Sephora used to sell it,but now they don't and it's a pain to find...(figures, since it works!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Aimee3 wrote:
I find nothing penetrates my dry heels unless I use a cream called triceram, (which has liposones)first, and follow it with whatever cream I'm using that week. Sephora used to sell it,but now they don't and it's a pain to find...(figures, since it works!)

Interesting. Never heard of that. Easy to find, though, if you google:
http://skincarerx.com/triceram.html
What are liposones???
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
i did it, i bought the dry leg oil. will post results in a few weeks Smile
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
oops, Jakee, I meant liposomes with an "m". Sorry about that. Liposomes supposedly deliver active ingredients to your skin better...(better than what, I don't know Confused )
But you really almost instantly feel a difference...that it's gone into the skin rather than sitting on top of it. For me, it's like the liposomes open the door for whatever products to get in better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
i did it, i bought the dry leg oil. will post results in a few weeks Smile

if you end up liking it, you should send Candy a sample and she might be able to replicate it. the smell alone sounds divine!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |