Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Dremu/Emu Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I started using Dremu oil one week ago as my main moisturizer (AM & PM). The skin on my cheeks (near my nose) is flaky and drier and I have seen no improvement in fine lines. I called the company and the woman I spoke to said I should see results with the lines in about 2 weeks but that my skin shouldn't be drier.

Did anyone else have a similar reaction? Should I keep using it for another week?Question

I guess I should add that I have pretty normal skin that in the winter can get a bit dry. My previous moisturizers were Theraplex in the PM and Dr. H moisturizing lotion in the AM.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Hello VMP40

I have extremely dry skin and the Emu Oil did not make it any drier and in fact did the opposite by deeply moisturizing my skin. Any lines that I had were due to dehydration so they were greatly helped by Dremu.

I think I would keep up with the Dremu Oil and not give up on it just yet. Maybe add a little moisturizer on the flaky areas of your face and see what happens.

Just a suggestion - could you perhaps be using a cleanser or active or some other product that is just a little too strong for your type of skin and could be responsible for the increased dryness and flakiness? Just a thought.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Could be that you need to exfoliate a bit more. Despite the claims made by dremu it is not a miracle anti aging product. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE emu oil and literally bathe in the stuff, but most of the Dremu hype is just that, hype.

Try exfoliating either with a microdermabrasion cloth, BHAs or just a flannel or scrub. Then apply the emu ot still damp or moist skin.

It's worth remembering that emu oils vary a bit. I use ultra emu which most folk accept is basically what dremu is (just cheaper Laughing ) and my skin finds it lovely BUT I got deeper superficial moisturising from the plain refined emu (but it was very greasy and not so good for under makeup). Clear emu oil (triple refined but not the same as dremu because it is totally clear at even lowish temps) I found to be not so moisturising. I think maybe just experiment a bit with different types Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Dear all,

Thanks for the responses. I am going to stay with it and take the suggestion of adding a bit of moisturizer.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add a report here. Just got my emu oil today, and put it on tonight, over all my other creams, as a final layer.

Very heavy substance, but seems to be feeling nice now that it is penetrated into skin.

I'll see what happens in the morning.

Cool
bobosm
5% products discount

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
VMP40, that's EXACTLY what happened to me.

I've been reading lots about Emu oil for quite sometime before purchase since I have quite "unpredictable" skin reaction, or people might called that "sensitive skin". I ordered Air Brush at the same time (which is an eye treatment that listed Emu oil as its ingredients as well), but my eyes are fine with them (except for a bit of tingle the first time I put them on and teared my eyes) Confused

Like what guapagirl posted, I thought I might have to exfoliate coz it must be my dead skin cells that hindered the penetration, hence the good goldern drops couldn't reach my skin. What come worst after the exfoliation was that it accentuated my skin over-react Sad

My resolution was to stop everything, went back to my cleanse, tone (non-alchohol), and with my Murad nite moisturizer that I ordered along with the Emu Oil. My skin calms within 5 days. Since the Emu oil costs me quite abit, I'm going to give it a second try, making sure I'll have just the Emu Oil solo to test the reaction. Will keep you posted. Wink
bobosm
5% products discount

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:40 am      Reply with quote
by the way, the "Emu Oil" I was using was Dremu Oil, with the blue bottle and its in milky form.
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Dremu oil too. My skin didn't like it and break out. Now I use it as a hair serum, and it is the best thing ever for my hair. Although it is a bit expensive, but better than waste it. Plus, just one or two drops are enough.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
VMP40, I use Dremu and find it very moisturizing for my mature skin. Do try exfoliating and then apply the Dremu and see what happens. If you continue to be dry I would stop using it. Perhaps Emu Oil is not for you. Everyone's skin is so different.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie

I have kept with it and also started using the OCM. My skin is not so dry anymore so I think the dryness must have been from something else. I have still not noticed any improvement in lines although I would imagine that takes a bit of time. Does the emu help you with anti-aging?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
VMP40 wrote:
Thanks Winnie

I have kept with it and also started using the OCM. My skin is not so dry anymore so I think the dryness must have been from something else. I have still not noticed any improvement in lines although I would imagine that takes a bit of time. Does the emu help you with anti-aging?

It can help push actives into the skin and is a very good emollient. If you read the Dremu hype it does everything but make tea. Realistically it is good for the skin but not a miracle in a bottle.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |