Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Winter Itch?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
My legs itch so much,I could just tear them up scratching. Hurts so good Mad I am using Cetaphil cream on them with no success. Can anyone suggest something that might bring some relief? Thanks!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
emu oil is calming. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Funny you should ask. Today is my birthday and this is my last year of my fourties Crying or Very sad
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday!

IS the itchiness due to dry skin? Perhaps some cortisone or calendula cream?
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and Happy Birthday!!!

You may want to try Aveeno Skin Relief. You can purchase it in any durgstore or supermarket.

SKIN RELIEF MOISTURIZING LOTION

This moisturizing lotion is specially formulated to relieve and protect itchy, extra dry skin, and is clinically proven to moisturize for a full 24 hours. It's unique formula combines natural colloidal oatmeal, long known for its skin-soothing properties, rich emollients and cooling menthol to provide long-lasting moisturization and soothing itch relief.

Additional Product Benefits Include: skin protectant, fragrance free, non-greasy, noncomedogenic, external analgesic

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
u can try to put some vitamin e oil on it.
it works .
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
First off, why are they itching? Do you have eczema or psoriasis or is it just dry skin? If you have very sensitive skin I would recommend Calendula cream or oil or Rosehip oil which will moisturize and help soothe the itch. If you have normal skin then the aforementioned will work great but you can also use virgin coco cream or coconut oil so you will soften your legs and smell great too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
if you aren't picky about scent and texture, I would really really really recommend Eucerin cream. It is ridiculously thick and unscented but oh god does it do the job. I have the same problem. This stuff is made for eczema and they are not joking around. Also cheap and can get it at any drugstore.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday! I use Aquaphor healing ointment on my kids and it's wonderful!
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday!

This year Aveeno Daily moisturirng Lotion kept me totally itch-free.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend the gold bond healing lotion. Great lotion, not sticky and stops the itchies almost instantly.
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the Birthday wishes & product advice. I belive I am itching because of dry skin from being in the hot tub nightly. I put on the Cetaphil thick cream when I get out, as stated, but I am going crazy!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
happy birthday! Try to take a "not-so-hot" water, do a litle scrubbing to take away all dead skin and apply moisturizer after shower, preferably something light so it won't clog your pores... Hope you feel better
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I have posted this so many times because I use to itch so much and my legs looked as if I had dandruff they were so dry. Gold bond Ultimate. Runs (in the US) about 10.00 per bottle-a pump. My son who hates anything that smells broke down and asked me to apply some to his back (which has acne-16yo). It eliminated his dry skin/itch and did not cause further acne. In fact, when your skin has been moisturized, you can actually apply EOD. When my bottle is about 1/2 empty, I throw either olive oil or grape seed, avocado or emu in it for better measure. I wouldn't be without a bottle-period.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I take omega-3 tablets and use seabuckthorn soap in the shower. I think Nut Body Butter from TBS really helps.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
hattie wrote:
Thanks for the Birthday wishes & product advice. I belive I am itching because of dry skin from being in the hot tub nightly. I put on the Cetaphil thick cream when I get out, as stated, but I am going crazy!

Most likely it's the hot water and chlorine from the hot tub that are causing the irritation and not the dry winter air. I would suggest laying off from the hot tub for a while to give your skin a break from the strong chemicals and the hot water. It's also not the greatest thing for your health to be hottubbing every night. Try cutting back to maybe just 2 or 3 times max a week and I'm sure you'll notice an improvement soon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really suffer from this problem, but both my parents do oddly enough.

They love, adore, worship at the altar of Gold Bond lotion. The ultimate type - I don't know what it's called, but whichever one sounds the most intense.

They're pretty unfazed by products. If something works, completely and thoroughly, they use it. Gold Bond works for them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Happy birthday hattie!!!

Smile
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Happy birthday hattie!

if your legs still itch ,try take baking powder with your bath Idea
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Hattie!

I love Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Winter itch is mainly due to dry skin. The only thing that has ever worked for me was Bella Lucce's Body Butter, you get to pick your scents and they smell good + it's all organic! It's thick yet not greasy at all and you only need to apply where you need it!

You can get this from Chocolate Lotus or Bella Lucce's official website - I love this brand for body care.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Happy Birthday Hattie!

I love Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment.

I also love Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment 100% colloidal oatmeal. Smile
sahm
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for aquaphor. Ita - it is the hot-tubbing. If you would switch to a gentle or even soap free cleanser for the next while - that woul dhelp too. Hope it gets better soon!
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've used straight shea butter on very dry skin with good results.
ayapp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use Cetaphil cream too, and it works well on me....
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |