Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rave: Kanebo Impress Emulsion II
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am thoroughly impressed Very Happy with Kanebo's Impress Emulsion II. I had originally gone to the Kanebo counter for a bottle of Sensai Emulsion II - recommended by TheresaL - from the Kanebo International range. (By the way, where is TheresaL? Also, where's bushy, Rjez, etc.? I always looked forward to their posts, and their archived posts keep turning up in my searches. Maybe they're just taking a long Chinese New Year vacation.) Back to the review: at the counter, the sales assistant recommended I try their new range - Impress. I put the Sensai Emulsion II on the back of one hand, and the Impress Emulsion II on the back of the other. Honestly, the Impress side looked better. Even friends I was with agreed. I know it's lame to say - I mean how do you really see anything in such a quick test, and on the backs of hands? But anyway, I bought the Impress.

Okay, what I really like about the Impress is it makes my skin look dewy. And because it looks dewy, it looks younger.

I'm going to repeat. This is the main draw for me. I've never had a moisturizer that has made me look so dewy. Not greasy. Not oily. Dewy! If you're looking for a moisturizer to make you look fresh-faced and dewy, I recommend this.

The consistency is that of a watery lotion - it sinks in right away.

Disclaimer: I don't have a list of ingredients. There was no list of ingredients on the packaging. The sales assistant didn't have one. She did say however it contains niacinamide and seaweed. However, that was only in response to me specifically asking about those two ingredients. If anyone can read Japanese, please see if you can find a list of ingredients on the site: http://www.kanebo-cosmetics.jp/impress/
That would be awesome!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
What timing RMB!!!

This is very strange but I just found out about the Impress brand a few weeks ago. It is hard to find information on it since this Kanebo brand is not available in the US but I did read a review of the Emulsion II on a blog and it was a glowing review!! And now you say you are super impressed with the product too! One of our memebers from Hong Kong is supposed to check on the brand and in particular the emulsions this weekend. Of course after reading your review, I want it even more now!!!

Can you give me a little more details on the Impress brand. The other review said it is a step above the Sensai CP but not quite as high up as the Sensai Premier. Do you have any idea of the alcohol content? Did you try the Emulsion I also? If so what do you think of that one? Can you tell by my questions that I am very excited to see your review??!!

I agree it would be awesome if someone could translate the ingredients but coming from Kanebo I would probably buy it without seeing them.

BTW would you mind sharing what this stuff costs?
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Haha, this was great timing!

About the brand as a whole: I know Kanebo was acquired by Kao Corp. Kao is also the company that makes Sofina sunblocks. Anyway, the Impress line represents Kanebo's first new products since falling under Kao management. I assume that means they're really good since Kao would want to make a good first impression. (From packaging to promotional materials - though nothing included a complete ingredients list - I don't get a feeling this was a rushed launch.)

Comparing prices, the Impress line has been positioned above the Sensai CP products and below the Sensai Premier products. I don't remember the precise figures as it's been awhile - I'm almost done with my bottle - but the Sensai CP Emulsion II was high 600-something Chinese yuan / Hong Kong dollars (figure about 90 US dollars). The Impress Emulsion II was mid-800- or mid-900-something CNY / HKD (so figure about 110 to about 120 USD).

I did not try the Emulsion I. I only tried the Sensai CP Emulsion II and the Impress Emulsion II. Both emulsion IIs felt very versatile on my skin - like they could handle a variety of skin types and climates. I have no idea of the alcohol content.

I will say again no moisturizer has ever made my skin look so dewy.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
RMB I actually found out about the Impress brand on the Kao website. I knew that Kanebo and Sofina were part of Kao but was surprised one day when I saw Kao Corp. listed on my Curel moisturizer. I decided to see just what brands Kao owned and when I saw the Impress one I thought it deserved a second look! If Impress is Kanebo's first new offering since the Kao takeover I can see why they would want to get it right. I get the impression that some were worried that the Kanebo brand would lose some luster under the control of Kao Corp. Well it certainly sounds like you are Impressed!! Laughing

I am glad that you asked about the niacinamide since that is one of the reasons that I like the CP Emulsions. I am guessing that the seaweed is the same stuff that they are using in the Premier line, do you know if this is true? Just curious-why did you specifically want to know if there was seaweed in the Emulsion? You must think it had some benefit. I emailed Kanebo a while back trying to get information on the seaweed in the Premier products since I suspected that this was their DNA Repair ingredient. They actually emailed me with the exact name for the seaweed used and I did a little research and saw that there were some in vitro studies which showed it to be effective. I wish I saved this information but I didn't! I no longer have the name of the seaweed and I actually forgot what the in vitro studies showed (it is so unlike me to forget such things too!!).

BTW after seeing your review I told my friend in Hong Kong to just buy the Emulsion II for me if she finds it! With the CP Emulsions I use the Emulsion I in the mornings and Emulsion II in the evenings but have used the Emulsion II in the morning too and would agree with what you said about the Emulsion II being very versatile.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa, I've been really getting into algae of late.

Once we have our actives figured out, what do we like to use as supporting players? Emu oil? Aloe? Botanical oils? The maybe thousands of herbs used in the different medicinal traditions around the world? Gotu kola like in Sisley's Ecological Compound? Calendula/Jurlique? White peony/Dr. Jessica Wu? Caviar/La Prairie? Orchids/Guerlain? Roses/Annick Goutal? Etc.

For me, I've developed a liking for algae. Here's a good introductory read: http://www.spafinder.com/archive/article.jsp?id=137&pg=1
And it talks about the different types.

I like the fact that algae forms a barrier on the skin. In this thread godiwantapony says as much: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9329&highlight=pony
I think this is why so many people like the SKB, but have to be careful about diluting it.

I hope you get the Impress soon. Your friend should have no trouble finding it. There's a Kanebo counter in nearly every Japanese dept. store in the city.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I can't read Japanese. Can anyone tell me the Engish website of Kao or Kanebo?
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
WOW~~~I think you are Chinese. I had used the line of Impress and love almost all of them, especially the II lotion.

And I had bought 3 cream foundations of Impress. Though a little dry on my skin, it has an amazing cover up. Love it too
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
RMB I got the Impress Emulsion II today now I just have to wait for it to get to me from Hong Kong!! Thanks for the links on algae. I think we discussed the concept of "supporting players" before. I have been thinking about green tea and beta glucans (not the DIY stuff that everyone is into but just products that contain it) lately but the algae also looks interesting. I do have to admit that being an orchid fan the Guerlain has some appeal for me but I would probably be better off buying a unique and interesting orchid than trying to use skincare that contains it!!

bb2000 here are some links for you in English. Unfortunatly I don't know of any website that has good information on the Impress brand in English.

Kao Corporation- http://www.kao.co.jp/en/
Kanebo Cosmetics- http://www.kanebo-cosmetics.co.jp/global/
Kanebo International- http://kanebo-international.com/top.html

Ke Jiang- have you tried the Kanebo CP Cream Foundation also? If so how would the Impress Cream foundation compare? I am really liking the CP Cream foundation and am curious to see if the Impress one is similar or not.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
nice review, I am considering buying a foundation now
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL:
Infact I had no idea about the CP line of Kanebo. Do you mean "Sensai"?
I think I hadn't tried CP Cream foundation. But I should say, Impress's cream foundation is much better than Cle de Peau's.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Ke Jiang yes I do mean Sensai. The full name for the line is Sensai Cellular Performance. I suppose that it get's confusing calling things Sensai because Kanebo has Sensai Premier, Sensai Cellular Performance and even Sensai Silk!!!

Here is a direct link to the CP foundation.
http://kanebo-international.com/news/f_sensaisilk_cpsf.html

If you try the CP Cream Foundation please compare it to the Impress one. I have never tried the Cle de Peau Cream Foundation but I did try their Creamy Compact Foundation and did not like that at all. I really am happy with the CP Cream Foundation but then again I was also happy with the CP Emulsions and then I started reading about the Impress Emulsions and I just wanted to try those too!
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL Oh you~The only thing I know about Sensai Line is that they are really expensive. What's the price like then? Are they more expensive then Impress?
I think I should try CP cream foundation out for I'm such a cream foundation fan and just couldn't miss every well-reviewed one.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ke Jiang,

I think Theresa was saying that a lot of Kanebo lines have "Sensai" in the name - which makes things confusing.

From most expensive to least expensive, there's:

Sensai Premier line
Sensai Cellular Performance (CP) line
Sensai Silk line

I think the Impress line is positioned between the Premier line and CP line.

---

Oh, there's also the Sensai Ex La line.

Question: Does anyone know what the difference betweeen the Premier line and the Ex La line is? I think they're priced similarly (main product around $400 USD retail). Why would they have one line step on the other's toes? Or, is the Sensai Premier line only for the N. American market? (I think I read that somewhere?)

---

Theresa - Please let us know if you like the Emulsion II. I'm excited for you!

Ke Jiang - Thanks for comparing the Impress foundation to Cle de Peau's. My friend's always been curious about CDP's foundation, but hesitant to spend the money for it. I'll tell her your thoughts!
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
RMB
Thank you very much for pointing out that for me. In fact my favorite foundation is La Mer's until now. If your friend is in HK, I think she could aslo go and have a try.

Oh and I noticed that CP is Cellular Performance, sounds like for aged or mature skin.
TheresaL: I am only 21, will it be a little early for me to use CP line?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Ke Jiang I think that the Sensai Silk line would be more geared towards you age group but if you use the CP line and like it I don't think that there is anything about the products that would be inappropriate for someone your age. Isn't the Impress line also marketed for mature skin? Or am I wrong about that? Concerning the CP Cream Foundation it would probably not work for someone with really oily skin but other than that I think it would be okay for someone your age.

RMB I am not sure about the Ex La line. I recall asking one of the ladies in the main office in New York about this and I am almost certain that she said it was replaced with the Premier and was being phased out (at least in the US). I don't think that the Premier line is for North America only because if you go to the French and German websites for Kanebo Internaional the Premier line is listed there. It is odd because the English, German and French websites don't show the Ex La line at all yet Barney's and Bergdorf Goodman both sell these products online. I am curious about this now though and may have to send an email to the NY office to get more information!
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL
I think CP cream foundation would work for me as I have normal to dry skin. I think Impress is designed to arise the own ability of the skin and the anti-age or antioxidation functions are not mentioned. So I think it won't be early for me to use it. Maybe CP is the same. Anyway, I think I should go to their webside to figure it out or ask BA for help~
Thank you so much.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
WARNING! This is a first impression that I just had to write because I am so very excited to have finally received my Impress Emulsion II Also keep in mind that a lot of rain and big spike in humidity happened the very day I received this so that might explain some of my impressions too.

I am actually quite impressed with this. I don't think I have ever used a moisuturizer that gives the finish that this one does. I really am surprised how moist and hydrated my skin looks and feels (could be the humidity too though). It has a glow that borders on mild shimmer yet never crosses that line A glow without the shimmer is a very nice look indeed!! The CP Emulsion II does give a moist look but there is a little oil with that one while with the Impress it just seems moist. I imagine that there is oil in the Impress one but it just isn't noticable. Yes I would agree with RMB about it giving a nice dewy look!

So far (and it is way too soon to tell) this has not caused any irritation but then again it is not uncommon for products to take a week or more to irritate my super sensitive skin!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:
I can't read Japanese. Can anyone tell me the Engish website of Kao or Kanebo?

I also can't read janpanese Embarassed
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
You can find Kanebo line in www.sasa.com
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
oh here is the link
http://web1.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/searchProduct.jspa?brandId=135
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
has anyone (Theresa?) found the full list of ingredients for this?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
LaVie even I don't have the full ingredient list! The box had it in Japanese only. I would love to see it though!!
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I think the theory based on which Impress by Kanebo is created is interesting. It is meant to stick cells together for a firmer and more elastic face.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:55 am      Reply with quote
RMB wrote:
Theresa, I've been really getting into algae of late.

For me, I've developed a liking for algae. Here's a good introductory read: http://www.spafinder.com/archive/article.jsp?id=137&pg=1
And it talks about the different types.

Hi RMB - Do you have some more reading on algae in your bookmarks? Thanks, Molly
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Could anybody tell me where to buy Impress line in north America? Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |