Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Must sees in Toronto? I'm here now. Ack!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in downtown Toronto alone and bored. I would love any suggestions regarding how a single girl can have fun alone in this city. If that means shopping,I'm all over it but where? I've beeen to Queen Street...I was told to go to Spadina but found nothing (Am I missing something?) My next stop is Yorkville but what stores should I be going to? Is Pir cosmetics worth going to? My hotel is right by Eaton Centre but I can't even find a book that could keep me company at dinner. Is there a bookstore here? Woe is me. I was tired and spent all day in my room.When i finally opened the door to collect my paper, they had taken it away. This morning, I made a short trip to replace the snck bar items I ate and never went back outside.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Angelina! There's lots of great stuff to do in Toronto. Here is a thread with some great links I posted which should help you out I'm sure:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20330&highlight=toronto

It starts off with hotel suggestions but then goes on to talk about things to do in TO. Have fun here! It's a great city!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
One of my favourite bookshops is Type, it is on Queen Street opposite Trinity Bellwoods. There are some cute shops in this neighbourhood, between Bathurst and Shaw. Go get a coffee and croisant at Clafouti - near Type - and read [I would suggest going to the park but it is frigid]. Then you could go sit in Terroni [italian restaurant] at the bar and read, it is fun and lively good people watching.

How about going to watch a movie at the Paramount. On my first solo trip to Toronto, I did that in the freezing cold for a whole day.

Go to the Bata shoe museum, I have never been but it is supposed to be great. THen you could go and drool at the shoes at the new shoe department in Holt Renfrew.

Go for a lovely massage and use the Hammam at Hammam spa on King and Portland. I HIGHLY recommend it. Or go to Stillwater at the Park Hyatt Hotel.

Go for a pedicure/manicure at 10 Spot on Queen Street - actually you could do that when you go to Type and Terroni, as it is in the neighbourhood.
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
brrrr... r u freezing yet??!!

There's a book store called Indigo in the Eaton's Centre across from your hotel.. I'm not sure who told u to go to Spadina, but there's nothing but a Chinatown on Spadina.

Have u been to Queen St. W? It's got a lot of cool small shops. At night, you can go to Little Italy (on College Street) and hop into any of the busy restaurants..

Pir Cosmetics isn't bad, they were well known for the brow shaping. Next to Pir is Pure + Simple, which carries Jurlique, Cellcosmet, Dr.H and their own line. There's also a Betsy Johnson in Yorkville, and Rainbow Jeans (with lots and lots of jeans). If you're into high end stuff, you'll love TNT inside the Hazelton Lane (it's a small shopping mall 2-3 blocks north of Bloor on Avenue). There's also a Whole Foods inside Hazelton Lane. You can also go to the Royal Ontario Museum while u're in the area. Then there's the Jamie Kennedy Gardiner inside the Gardiner museum 1 block south of Bloor on Avenue.

http://www.pureandsimple.ca/2005/
http://www.hazeltonlanes.com/welcome.html
http://www.jkkitchens.com/v1/restaurants.html

If you're a bride to be, you can go to Hugo Nicholson to try on Vera Wang wedding dresses for fun. Also about 2-3 blocks north of Bloor on Avenue. There's a Tiffany's on Bloor st. A hip clothing store called Mendocino also on Bloor. And of course, the oh-so-snobby Holt Renfrew.

You can go to Four Seasons Hotel and enjoy a afternoon tea.

I think if you've never been to Yorkville, you'll find it's very good for shopping! (As long as u're not from the States, where everything is cheaper and better.)

OH.. and if you'd rather shop INDOORS, you can go into Eaton's Centre, take the subway to YORKDALE station, walk through some walkways and you'll be at Yorkdale Mall!!! Perhaps the best shopping centre in Canada!!! There's a Coach, Holt Renfrew, BCBG, The Bay, Sears, Aritizia..
www.yorkdale.com

If you are into furnitures, you can take the subway and get off at ROSEDALE station. You be on Yonge street. As you head north, you'll see many boutique furniture shops with some really cool stuff.
http://www.hollacecluny.ca/

Dress warm and have fun!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
If you can afford it...eat dinner up in the CN Tower, right at sunset, and get a window seat. Did that last October and it was just awesome.

John

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks very much guys!!! I love you for it. I've written each suggestion down and now I just have to place it on a map. It's totally freezing so I have to splurge on cabs.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
angelina wrote:
Thanks very much guys!!! I love you for it. I've written each suggestion down and now I just have to place it on a map. It's totally freezing so I have to splurge on cabs.

Freezing?!! Shock It was about 5 degrees celsius today! That's downright balmy for this time of year! LOL Laughing Hopefully it'll get warmer soon. I'm so tired of this snow and cold. I came back from gorgeous weather in Italy earlier this week and can't wait for us to get those high temps here. Grrrrr winter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
angelina - If you do find any amazing places to go that haven't been mentioned already, please post about them. I'm due to visit Toronto later this year and would love to hear what you think about it.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
When you get hungry, go to Holt Renfrew on Bloor. The upstairs cafe is awesome!!!
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
So what did you end up doing?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
angelina wrote:
I'm in downtown Toronto alone and bored. I would love any suggestions regarding how a single girl can have fun alone in this city. If that means shopping,I'm all over it but where? I've beeen to Queen Street...I was told to go to Spadina but found nothing (Am I missing something?) My next stop is Yorkville but what stores should I be going to? Is Pir cosmetics worth going to? My hotel is right by Eaton Centre but I can't even find a book that could keep me company at dinner. Is there a bookstore here? Woe is me. I was tired and spent all day in my room.When i finally opened the door to collect my paper, they had taken it away. This morning, I made a short trip to replace the snck bar items I ate and never went back outside.

Oh my! I had no idea we have a visitor. I am a couple of blocks away. If you PM me, I can give you my number and we can have lunch or better, go out for drinks once I finish work.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |