Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I <3 LaraBars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if any of you have tried them, but they are one of my staples. I love that they use mostly raw ingredients and don't have a bunch of processed stuff or soy in them, which I don't tolerate well.

I saw a review recently about these bars and in one of the comments to the blog, a LaraBar rep invited people to email her for a sample of their new Jocolat bars. I did just that, since I'd never tried these and, well... I like me some chocolate. A few days ago I got an entire box of LaraBars and Jocolat bars in the mail! Here I was expecting to receive one or two little bars and instead I got close to 15 (don't remember the exact count) as part of my free sample. I couldn't believe how generous they were!

I just thought I'd mention it if anyone else here is a fan of these bars or wants to try them out. The email I used to request the sample was info@larabar.com

Enjoy! Smile
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...thanks Shawna! I've been wanting to try these, just never have. So...all I do is send an e-mail to the address you gave, asking for a sample of the Jocolat bar? Pretty cool that you got a whole box!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I just sent an email to that address and mentioned that I saw an offer for samples on slashfood.com. I included my delivery address. Voila!

The cool thing is that they sent me a variety pack box so I get to try all of the flavors.

I'd be curious to hear what kind of response you get, too.

Very Happy
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Okay...just sent off my mail to them! I'll post again to let you know what happens!

Thanks again for posting this...I love freebies, and this looks like a great one!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Shawna, for posting this. I sent them an email, too. Smile
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Wow...I just e-mailed yesterday about the sample, this morning I got a very nice note from them, saying they are sending me a box of several flavors to try!

I really hope I like the bars, because this is a company I'd be happy to support. Very responsive and pleasant to deal with!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Mary, I'm glad to hear you got such a great response!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Wow...I just e-mailed yesterday about the sample, this morning I got a very nice note from them, saying they are sending me a box of several flavors to try!

I really hope I like the bars, because this is a company I'd be happy to support. Very responsive and pleasant to deal with!

Mary Very Happy

Glad you mentioned this Mary b/c I didn't see their response, so I went to look in my Bulk folder, and sure enough she replied to me as well. They seem so responsive. What an awesome customer service!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:

Yeah, I was really surprised they replied so quickly...and came right out and said they were sending me a whole box!

I agree bkkgirl...excellent customer service! Gotta love it..

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Shawna wrote:

Yeah, I was really surprised they replied so quickly...and came right out and said they were sending me a whole box!

I agree bkkgirl...excellent customer service! Gotta love it..

Mary Very Happy

Can't wait to try! Thanks again Shawna.
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ohh, this is wonderful, since I'm getting into the whole energy bar scene trying to up my protein and cutting my meat intake...these would be lovely to try.

The only concern I have is that I was cautioned not to eat energy bars with more than 5 g of fat, and to avoid saturated fat. Those figures are sort of intimidating me...(20% fat and 12% saturated fat on one). I guess I could always space them out and eat maybe three a week.

I can't wait to email!

EDIT: Oh thank god, the fat percentages are lower depending on the bar!
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ,

I wouldn't really classify LaraBars as 'protein' bars since their main source of protein is nuts, but they do provide energy! What I love about them is the quality of their ingredients and focus on using whole foods.

I got into them when I was a raw vegan a few years back (I am no longer raw or vegan- for health reasons!) but I still love them.

Very Happy
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I saw that there's only an average of 5 g of protein per bars (I think- I looked at a lot bars yesterday Laughing ) but it would still help to contribute to my overall daily requirement.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my box of LaraBars! Holy cow...they gave me 16 of them in all different flavors! I just tried the "Pecan Pie" and it was actually very good...and like I said before, I was really hoping I'd like these bars because the company is so nice to deal with. Very Happy

Bkkgirl and FrevaKZ, did you get yours yet?

Mary Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't, though it may be longer since I live in Canada. I got a message yesterday saying they'd send them out immediately, but I didn't have my address listed, so :P Then I sent it to them so hopefully they're on their way. I'm tired of missing out on all the great American products, haha.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ wrote:
I haven't, though it may be longer since I live in Canada. I got a message yesterday saying they'd send them out immediately, but I didn't have my address listed, so :P Then I sent it to them so hopefully they're on their way. I'm tired of missing out on all the great American products, haha.

I'm sure they will send them right away! I inquired on March 8th, and the next day they sent a note saying they would ship right away...and they must have, because I just got them today (3/14)! So, even if it takes a little longer to get to Canada, I'm sure they are on their way to you now!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
I just got my box of LaraBars! Holy cow...they gave me 16 of them in all different flavors! I just tried the "Pecan Pie" and it was actually very good...and like I said before, I was really hoping I'd like these bars because the company is so nice to deal with. Very Happy

Bkkgirl and FrevaKZ, did you get yours yet?

Mary Very Happy

Hi Mary, I just got mine last night. Wow, they are surely generous! The bars taste so good, and there're so many flavors to try. Both my kids (even the picky little guy) LOVE/ADORE these bars. They just wanted to taste every flavor. They really are so good and delicious. I was afraid I'd eat all 16 of them in one sitting. LOL

Seriously Shawna, you're the best for letting us know. My kids and I appreciate it so much. I even told my boyfriend to email them, too. Thanks again.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Glad you got yours, bkkgirl! And how great that your kids even like them! I don't have kids myself, I know they can be picky about food...especially stuff that's supposed to be "good for them." Laughing

Anyway, I'm loving all the flavors, too! So, I'll add my big thanks to Shawna for letting us know about this wonderful freebie deal!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Yay! I'm so glad you both had a good experience with their customer service and are enjoying the bars!

Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, definitely big hugs to Shawna! Angel
seattlegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much, Shawna. I emailed them on Friday evening, and got a reply from them today saying that they would be mailing me a box.
lisaroberts
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this Shawna. I have been curious to try these. What are your favorites?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa!

My favorites cycle, but right now I think it is the Lemon bar. It used to be Banana Cookie, Cherry Pie, Chocolate Coconut... I like variety! Smile

Seattlegirl, I am a Seattle girl, too! I've noticed that they sample these out at Whole Foods from time to time. Enjoy your bars!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip Shawna. I emailed them and they sent me a list of the flavours and said I could choose 4. Maybe I only get 4 because they have to send them to Canada? I'm looking forward to letting my husband try the pecan pie one. I am so darn sick of him making comments about me never making him pecan pie, that I'm hoping he'll love this and can have one whenever he has a craving Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |