Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Alima Luminating Shimmer Powder: YES!!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, this is THE product that I've been looking for!!!!! It's this gorgeous, silky, glimmering powder that's very subtle--- not garish or glittery. It's amazing as a highlighter on the cheekbones, washed across your lids under your eyeshadow, swept under the brows to highlight the browbone, dabbed in the corners of your eyes to brighten your face---- seriously, it does it all! I ordered Lumina which is described as a soft, lustrous beige, which I'd say is pretty accurate. (Ok, so maybe it's beige with just the slightest whisper of baby pink--- lovely.) I can't wait to try more colors!

Alima Luminating Shimmer Powder can be bought atwww.alimacosmetics.com. It costs $14.00 for a full size jar, and $1 for a small sample jar.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I got a couple of samples to try, (Lumina is my fave), and I love them. Great stuff, Alima.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I love these too! I have Amrita, its a white gold shimmer. Very, very pretty. I do a smokey eye almost everyday and like to use it on my brow bone and in the inner corners of my eyes. Very Happy

Ive also used Angelique, its a pinky, white-gold, also beautiful!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't this stuff great? It is really subtle and highlights sooooo well. I used to use Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick (and don't anymore b/c I am more picky about using natural products now (no talc and chemicals)) and this was the first product I used to highlight points on my face (mostly cheekbones and brow bones). Highlighting makes a huge difference for me.

Anyway, I've now found a replacement for my BB shimmer brick! The samples I have from Alima are Nectar (lucious apricot-gold) and Whisper (soft beige-pink). The Nectar is def a goldish shimmer and very subtle and more subdued than the Whisper which seems to reflect more light (great for the high points on cheekbones). I want to also order samples of the Lumina.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Now you guys got me wanting to try this stuff! What color should I go for? I do smokey eyes most days that I wear makeup too.

vonstella,

Do you use Alima eyeshadows for smokey eyes as well?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Isn't this stuff great? It is really subtle and highlights sooooo well. I used to use Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick (and don't anymore b/c I am more picky about using natural products now (no talc and chemicals)) and this was the first product I used to highlight points on my face (mostly cheekbones and brow bones). Highlighting makes a huge difference for me.

Anyway, I've now found a replacement for my BB shimmer brick! The samples I have from Alima are Nectar (lucious apricot-gold) and Whisper (soft beige-pink). The Nectar is def a goldish shimmer and very subtle and more subdued than the Whisper which seems to reflect more light (great for the high points on cheekbones). I want to also order samples of the Lumina.

Amnis, highlighting makes a huge difference for me too. I haven't been doing it much recently because I haven't found a product I was really thrilled with til I discovered this Alima powder, but today I highlighted my browbones and cheekbones. Everytime I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror I thought "Man I look particularly fetching today---- what did I do differently? ...Aha, the highlighting!" Lumina is really gorgeous and it just blends right into my face. Lynn, I think it would look nice on you too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Now you guys got me wanting to try this stuff! What color should I go for? I do smokey eyes most days that I wear makeup too.

vonstella,

Yes, I use Alima-Champagne all over, a dark brown from another brand or Alima's Dark Plum if I want a bit more drama. And of course the shimmers as I mentioned above!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

vonstella,

Yes, I use Alima-Champagne all over, a dark brown from another brand or Alima's Dark Plum if I want a bit more drama. And of course the shimmers as I mentioned above!

I'm having so much trouble with Alima eyeshadows. Sad thing I ordered them in so many different colors and now I can't use them. They don't seem to stay on my eyelids no matter what I do. I've tried using makeup primer, dusting my eyelids with MMU foundation, etc, but nothing seems to work. Any tips?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
vonstella wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

vonstella,

I'm having so much trouble with Alima eyeshadows. Sad thing I ordered them in so many different colors and now I can't use them. They don't seem to stay on my eyelids no matter what I do. I've tried using makeup primer, dusting my eyelids with MMU foundation, etc, but nothing seems to work. Any tips?

No hon sorry, they are not very good at staying on. Sad Well the darker ones at least. The ONLY thing that kinda works is to apply a lighter shade to a moist eyelid then contour with the darker shade.

Its a shame b/c the colors are beautiful but they are hard to blend. Im using samples currently and probably wont purchase full size ones. Still love the shimmers though!

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've actually had decent results getting my Alima shadows to stay put. I often do a contoured look using the V-day chocolates gift set, and it stays on pretty much all day. I will say that my MAC eyeshadow stays on longer (this stuff is pretty tenacious!), but the Alima stays on as long as Lancome, which is what I was using before I discovered Alima. It definitely helps to use a primer and to apply a few layers, blending with a sponger inbetween layers. The shimmer powder, however, has much better staying powders than the eye shadows. This stuff hasn't budged on my face all day!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that. I hate to think I'll have to throw them out. I'm gonna try to use them up, but I definitely won't repurchase. It's such a shame as the colors are so beautiful.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
oooohhh I love highlighters without the heavy colour..now I HAVE to try this. Thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:

I just got my Alima samples yesterday and wore the Espresso matte eyeliner and Black Orchid shimmer eyeshadow. I didn't do anything special (the usual powder foundation on my lids) and applied with brushes (dry) ... the look lasted all day long on me with extremely minimal creasing by 8:30PM (over 12 hours of wear). No smudging or flaking. I'm very pleased with it!

Obviously, the way mineral makeup wears is a highly individual thing.

Perhaps the fact I used my Aromaleigh Glissade mineral foundation underneath made some difference, because the Glissade is silicone-coated minerals, rather than plain.

(I'm branching out to other MMU brands, but only out of curiosity and shopaholic-ness - I love my Aromaleigh!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Metaphora wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

I just got my Alima samples yesterday and wore the Espresso matte eyeliner and Black Orchid shimmer eyeshadow. I didn't do anything special (the usual powder foundation on my lids) and applied with brushes (dry) ... the look lasted all day long on me with extremely minimal creasing by 8:30PM (over 12 hours of wear). No smudging or flaking. I'm very pleased with it!

Obviously, the way mineral makeup wears is a highly individual thing.

Perhaps the fact I used my Aromaleigh Glissade mineral foundation underneath made some difference, because the Glissade is silicone-coated minerals, rather than plain.

(I'm branching out to other MMU brands, but only out of curiosity and shopaholic-ness - I love my Aromaleigh!)

I've tried using DHC Velvet Skin Coat which is silicone-based, but it didn't help at all. Sad Alima eyeliners would not stay on my eyes at all. I applied it wet and dry and it still fell into my eyes and onto my undereye area. Besides the gorgeous colors, I'm totally not impressed with their eye products at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Alima's eyeshadows last pretty long on me. I have no complaints. Razz
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:

How do you apply it? Any tips?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Does any one have any problems with breakouts b/c the first ingredient is Mica, and I know the reason I use Alima foundation is b/c Mica is the 3rd ingreadient. I had major breakouts from Everyday minerals b/c of the mica, and now scared to try alima blush or highlighters.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
One thing you might try if you're having a hard time getting the eyeshadows to stay put is applying them with a foam-tipped applicator. I do it when I want intense color/staying power and it works well.

Also, Amylola, I haven't had any breakouts from using this--- HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
One thing you might try if you're having a hard time getting the eyeshadows to stay put is applying them with a foam-tipped applicator. I do it when I want intense color/staying power and it works well.

Also, Amylola, I haven't had any breakouts from using this--- HTH!

Thanks Liz. Do you have to pack on the eyeshadows in many layers though? I haven't tried the sponge-tipped applicator trick. I need to go out and get one of those.

amy,

I haven't broken out from using their blushes either, but then again I'm not breakout prone. However, I've noticed little bumps on my cheeks where I put blush on by the end of the day, but they seem to go away after I wash my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
amylola- I'm very breakout prone and I haven't had any problem with the Alima. Are you sure it was the mica in the Everyday Minerals? Have you broken out with other MMU products with mica as the first ingredient?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

How do you apply it? Any tips?

No tip.. I just use a regular eyeshadow brush, and just brush the mineral eyeshadows on.. and it stays on all day for me.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
OMG, this is THE product that I've been looking for!!!!! It's this gorgeous, silky, glimmering powder that's very subtle--- not garish or glittery. It's amazing as a highlighter on the cheekbones, washed across your lids under your eyeshadow, swept under the brows to highlight the browbone, dabbed in the corners of your eyes to brighten your face---- seriously, it does it all! I ordered Lumina which is described as a soft, lustrous beige, which I'd say is pretty accurate. (Ok, so maybe it's beige with just the slightest whisper of baby pink--- lovely.) I can't wait to try more colors!

Alima Luminating Shimmer Powder can be bought atwww.alimacosmetics.com. It costs $14.00 for a full size jar, and $1 for a small sample jar.

I have this is Lumina, too, and I also use it in the same places that you do. It is beautiful with no tin-man effect.

Tina
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
which one would you reccommend for tan skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:25 am      Reply with quote
nikkilici0us wrote:
which one would you reccommend for tan skin?

My skin is very pale and I don't tan, so I don't know what to recommend for tan skin. My best advice would be to try some samples. The following sound (from Alima website descriptions) like they may be good for tan skin:

D'Oro-rich, sheer gold

Cafe-sheer bronze with touches of copper and gold, very subtle

Dolce-gorgeous copper

If you e-mail Alima, they could probably give you some good recommendations. They have always been helpful when I have e-mailed them.

hth,
Tina
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I just wonder though how glimmer is going to look on older women though,I am 52...also they are out of the foundation brush again whats with that?I wanted to order one for my daughter how could they run out so soon?I think someone mentioned they were going to "change" the brush...why?Its perfect leave it alone!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |