Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

L'Oreal Telescopic v Lancome Fatale mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
I decided to do a comparison between Telescopic (L'Oreal) and Fatale (Lancome) (using each mascara on one eye) as they belong to the same group and both uses a comb like brush and is a volumising mascara.

Comb

The Telescopic comb is thinner and a bit longer than the Fatale. The consistency of the mascara is the same and both are very wet.

Volumising

You apply the mascara at the bottom of your lashes by using the flat surface of the comb like brush. As the flat surface of Fatale is wider, you get more volume from your first application. Then you comb through (or blink slowly)using the teeth of the comb. I find that with Fatale I only need one layer of mascara (I think I would look ridiculous if I apply too many layers). While with Telescopic, I usually need to apply/touch up with a very light second layer.

Smudge

Both Telescopic and Fatale do smudge as they are not waterproof. I checked in the mirror today, after 6 hours, smudge is minimal. After 12 hours, I get faint racoon eyes which is not bad because nearly every mascara I have used gives me racoon eyes. The only ones that I have used that does not give me racoon eyes are Blinc and Deju Vu.

Curl

Both do not hold curl very well. They do tend to make them straight but are not as bad as Blinc. I find of all the mascaras that I have used, L'Oreal's Lash Architect holds curl best.

Both are easy to remove as they are not waterproof.

Fatale is about 30% more expensive than Telescopic. In my opinion, they are extremely similar so Telescopic is better value for money.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
That's a really good review, thank you! It's interesting when a big company owns several brands at different levels of the market.

I wouldn't buy either brand as L'Oreal companies test on animals but have been wondering what these mascaras are actually like(as opposed to the weird Penelope Cruz pictures!)
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
That's a really good review, thank you! It's interesting when a big company owns several brands at different levels of the market.

I wouldn't buy either brand as L'Oreal companies test on animals but have been wondering what these mascaras are actually like(as opposed to the weird Penelope Cruz pictures!)

I am shocked to hear that L'oreal companies test on animals! How did you find out? I guess I have enjoyed my last combination of Lancome Fatale and Hypnose...
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Smoothskin, yes often for me it seems easier to stick to Trish McEvoy which I know you like too.

The likes of L'Oreal, Procter and Gamble and Uniliever do not do well on the animal testing brands, annoying as I really wanted to try Max Factor Masterpiece). On the 'premium' department store brands, the Estee Lauder group seems to fare the best (hence I've been trying Clinique mascaras). Probably the best overview on are a couple of documents which are linked from the PETA website if you go into the cruelty free shopping section.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |