Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Lip Stain Recomendations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to buy a good MATT lip stain.

Any recomendations of brands, and then where to buy. Cool
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Me too! I find the benefit stain rubbish. Loreal did a copy called pinch o'color but they discontinued it.

I'm stuck with lipfinity everlights now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
How about those ones from Vincent Longo? I've never tried them, but heard from someone on EDS that they're good. Sorry, I don't remember which member it was.

I've tried Benefit Benetint and Urban Decay one (I don't remember what it's called), but they both dry out my lips. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SandraG!

I've been on a rampage for lip stains lately, and even though I have used the Vincent Longo stains and really liked them (purchased at ULTA)...of course, I'm always on the lookout for others that could be even better!

Here are 2 threads about favorite lip stains...one started by yours truly... Laughing

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15447&highlight=lip+envy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20651&highlight=bitten

There is also another one I like which was purchased on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/benefit-with-cheek-tint-lip-stain-blusher-blush-pout_W0QQitemZ180092724569QQcategoryZ31811QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

It's supposed to be a knock off of BeneTint, but I think it's much better (I agree with Guapa that Benetint isn't very impressive at all). I use it as a cheek tint sometimes, too...

HTH!
Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank You Ladies. I'm going to pick up the Vincent Longo brand this weekend.

It's specifically for my day wear, that's why I want a matt. At night, I use my lipink and throw a glittery gloss over it that I have....(Lancome juicey tube).

Just finding the day lip wear is my current mission Cool
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/benefit-with-cheek-tint-lip-stain-blusher-blush-pout_W0QQitemZ180092724569QQcategoryZ31811QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

It's supposed to be a knock off of BeneTint, but I think it's much better (I agree with Guapa that Benetint isn't very impressive at all). I use it as a cheek tint sometimes, too...

HTH!
Mary Very Happy

Thank you! this looks like something I will be getting very soon!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Mary H. wrote:

HTH!
Mary Very Happy

Thank you! this looks like something I will be getting very soon!

Very cool, Guapa! You'll have to let me know what you think of it! I know different things work for different people, but this stuff seems to have very good staying power on me (doesn't wear off in 8 seconds like the Benetint). And I think it gives a nice wash of color to lips or cheeks...

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if they still make it, I think they do but YSL have some great lip stains which look like thick felt tip pens. The colours are great and leave a matte finish that lasts.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
One word: Benetint!
(Benefit)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I'm not sure if they still make it, I think they do but YSL have some great lip stains which look like thick felt tip pens. The colours are great and leave a matte finish that lasts.

Where do you buy these?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I like the MAC see through lip color
the shades are very subtle and natural

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
How about those ones from Vincent Longo? I've never tried them, but heard from someone on EDS that they're good. Sorry, I don't remember which member it was.

I've tried Benefit Benetint and Urban Decay one (I don't remember what it's called), but they both dry out my lips. Sad

I HATE Urban Decay lip glosses!! They ruined my lips!!! Mad
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Revlon has a new lip stain but I haven't tried it.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
http://boutique.vincentlongo.com/User/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=97

Comes with SPF. I'm going to pick one up, I'll resport back.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know where I can order Vincent Longo with international shipping?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Frodo, I bought the YSL pens in a department store in the UK. I'm sure they sell them in the USA too, if that's where you are.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
OMG! at $23 I hope the Longo one lasts long!

I'm going to see what anyone says on MUA as well!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
Frodo, I bought the YSL pens in a department store in the UK. I'm sure they sell them in the USA too, if that's where you are.

I'll have to wait to get to a big city to look for it. What does YSL stand for? Yves Saint Laurent?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Sandra, SInce you are looking for matte, you should know that Vincent Longo makes two very different lipstain products. The lip and cheek gel stain is what I would call a true matte lipstain. The lipstick-looking lipstain is more of a sheer lipstick--very moist and creamy but definitely not matte. I find the gel lipstain (which comes with a wand applicator) too drying for me. (But then again I find all those sort of products too drying...) I love the lipstain lipsticks (especially the darker sheers...so lovely!) but, like all sheers, they don't last well. If you can get to a Sephora, they carry the line. You might want to check them out in person before plunking down 20 bucks...
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Yes, sorry YSL stands for Yves Saint Laurent.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Yes. Thanks. I am going to go today and check out the lip and cheek stain.
Yes, want a matt finish.

I love lip ink, and highly recomend them, they dont smear, and last for about 6-8 hours, but the color chart on the website, is so off and not a good representation of what you get. That's the only problem with ordering lip ink, but it's a great product and I wear mine at night, because they are deep colors, to dark for day time. They have light shades too, but that color chart is not accurate. (Wish they would fix that). I emailed them today, to see if they sell small color sample packs.
www.lipink.com

So, I'm going to bath and body works here in my area to check out the lip and cheek stain of the Vincent Longo line. Thanks for clarifying the difference flitcraft.
Cool
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
OMG! at $23 I hope the Longo one lasts long!

I'm going to see what anyone says on MUA as well!

it actually does *if* you put a sheer moisturising lipstick over it.... on it's own, i found it a wee bit drying and the intensity didn't last. (to be honest, though, i never put on more than one layer so perhaps that isn't fair.) but the other day i used Liquid Kiss (one coat) with one swipe of Julie Hewitt's Oona Noir (a sheer cherry red) and it actually shocked me how long it lasted. and this included an hour and a half physiotherapy session where i tend to bite my lips alot when pain (i mean gentle pressure by my kindly sadist) is applied, lunch, marketing, etc. -- i never reapplied either product and my lips still had that bitten cherry type of look. i've had Longo stains forever and have never had it on so long or true. it may be the same if you apply a balm of some sort -- but it will last for a damned long time as long as you seal it in somehow. perhaps moisture is a key as well since the product alone can dry the lips. what's nice as well about the Longo is that you have different colours to choose from....
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I just realised that $23 is only about £12 and lipfinity which I normally use is a tenner!

with the longo, can you use a regular balm or gloss over the top or will it take it off like it will with lipfinity?

Also, La vie, where do you get the liquid kiss from? Is the julie hewitt just a regular gloss?

And Sandra with the lip ink, can you use a regular balm /gloss over that? see the thing that gets me about lipfinity is the moisturiser doesn't last very long so your lips dry out a bit too much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
with the longo, can you use a regular balm or gloss over the top or will it take it off like it will with lipfinity?

Also, La vie, where do you get the liquid kiss from? Is the julie hewitt just a regular gloss?

Liquid Kiss is one of the Longo colours for their gel lip and cheek stain (or whatever the hell it's called). think Benetint as far as what you can and cannot do (re balms and glosses) not lipfinity. i think glosses are not as good as balms for longevity, but it's up to you. this is a *stain* not a long lasting lipstck -- at least the one i'm talking about. i never could stand what lipfinity et al did to my lips. i'm not one for harsh lip lines either. know what i mean? the names i can recall are: Baby Boo -- a popsicle stain, similar to Benetint. Cupid's Breath -- a warm orangey red. Liquid Kiss -- more a cool berry red. and there may be one other who's name excapes me....
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
On me, the Longo lasts a lot longer then Benetint.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |