Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
How long have you been making DIY skin care?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was just curious about how long everyone has been doing this. I have been making DIY skin stuff for only a couple months.

I am simply in love with mixing and creating new items for myself, my family and a couple friends. I don't make everything from scratch except maybe serums, I use premade base creams and just add stuff in, and modify products i don't like such as adding more oil into shampoos.

I have lots of fun doing this, and I am looking forward to learning a lot more.

Kristen Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Just under 3 years and I still don't know what the heck I'm doing most of the time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kristen I would have guessed you have been doing this for ages Smile. You're so helpful and knowledgeable!

I wouldn't technically call myself a DIY-er quite yet but I'm on the verge.
I ordered some pearl and silk powder and ended up just using the silk powder. Since I didn't mix anything together I don't think I can claim DIY status.
Wait, I had my failed foundation experiment. Laughing
I keep going to GOW but it is hard to come up with an order under $100 because everything looks like so much fun!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle,

I know what you mean! Laughing I ended up making such a watery cream when I first mixed last month, but i just end using my "mishaps" on my chest, neck, arms and legs.

Sundew,

How kind of you to say so. I have been reading a lot here and there, but really, I need a lot of help!

Have you been to the GoW forum? Markey and Jen over there, as well as Li and other the members are awesome at answering my questions about ingredients, so I am not as scared to buy or add things in.

I think you should combine the silk and pearl powder together in small proportions to see how you like it. I have not used silk powder myself, but have only read wonderful things about it and I pearl powder is truly divine.

I know what you mean about GoW though, i have placed more than a couple of orders in the last 2 months and should probably stop since I know Markey has been swamped and i should give her breathing room Laughing .

Kristen Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I have been making DIY for 9 years now. Started out with making cold-process soaps, then went into body butters, balms, scrubs, milk baths, bath fizzies, you name it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Just started 4 months ago.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I started "playing" about 6 years ago but my DIY hobby has fallen by the wayside because I have been just too busy. I hope to get back into making stuff again - it was so much fun!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Mystypines,

i am hoping to learn how to make cold process soap some day, right now what sounds realistic to me is melt and pour Laughing .

i also found recipes for foaming body butters that sound great but i doubt i can sucessfully make them at this point.

wildflower, i know what you mean with the time constraint, but i do love doing it so relaxing.

salli--what have you made so far, i am curious Smile.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm a new breed entirely; an armchair DIYer.

I've been at it purely mentally for a few weeks. This way has it's advantages; it's much cheaper, you don't get any irritation and can make any serum on earth.

Actually, I'd like to be a physical DIYer too because I want to include all my exposed bits and some of my stock items are so basic, but when I put everything I want in my shopping trolley it comes to an arm and a leg so I'm having to stick to Vit C serums plus the odd cheapie lemming; BGs and SKBF but they're finished products really.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I started with the recipe posted here for Dr. H's CC. Then ventured into vit C serum and an HA serum. I then concocted my own recipe for a moisturizer and eye potion. I also did a semi DIY body moisturizer that is horribly lumpy and I can't seem to get smooth.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I'm a new breed entirely; an armchair DIYer.

I've been at it purely mentally for a few weeks. This way has it's advantages; it's much cheaper, you don't get any irritation and can make any serum on earth.

Actually, I'd like to be a physical DIYer too because I want to include all my exposed bits and some of my stock items are so basic, but when I put everything I want in my shopping trolley it comes to an arm and a leg so I'm having to stick to Vit C serums plus the odd cheapie lemming; BGs and SKBF but they're finished products really.

LMAO Laughing Laughing I'm in the same boat! You just put it in a much more entertaining way.

Salli I hope you figure out how to un-lumpify your body moisturizer!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. I guess I should consider myself lucky as that is the only thing that has turned out badly. I've almost worn my mixer out trying to beat the lumps out Sad

5% products discount

Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:52 am      Reply with quote
About 12 years.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
In one very limited respect, I've been using DIY products for years - only because I've been concocting my own blend of oils to put in my hair after the shower.

As far as applying DIY to skincare - I'm very new, and don't make that much DIY on my own with the exception of facial oil treatments/muds and adding actives to a base.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Thanks. I guess I should consider myself lucky as that is the only thing that has turned out badly. I've almost worn my mixer out trying to beat the lumps out Sad

Salli, what are the ingredients in your body cream? If you don't have any delicate proteins in there, why don't you try zapping it in the microwave for about 5 seconds at a time between beatings?

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ari,

It is Gold Bond Ultimate Healing that I tried to add SKB to. I tried the microwave thing and it didn't work. I'm just using it lumps and all.

Salli

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |