Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Physician's Formula Circle Rx Circle Control Concealer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
So I was browsing through the new cosmetic displays in the drug store and came across this new product. Physician's Formula Circle Rx Circle Control Concealer. As some of you may know, I have very dark (atleast I think they're very dark!) circles and I'm always searching for that "perfect" concealer. This one interested me because not only is it there to cover the dark circles, but they "claim" it will actually help reduce them. I'll believe it when I see it, but hey, I'm willing to try nearly anything if it might work. Apparently it contains "active ingredient Haloxyl" and they "claim" that in 2 weeks you could see "up to" 70% circle reduction and by week 4 90%. WOW ... if that were the case I'd be over joyed, but from past experience, I think I'll remain skeptical. HOWEVER, I am willing to give it a try anyway because first of all, I need a concealer for under my eyes anyway and if it even helps a little with decreasing my circles ... I'm all for that! Very Happy

I just bought it tonight so I haven't had much time to test it out, but first impression is good for the concealing part at least. It appears to have nice coverage without being really thick or creamy (I seemed to get the same coverage with what felt like a thinner layout of concealer than I would get with the Prescriptives concealer I've been using). It seems to dry fairly quickly once you spread it on. I'll be curious how it wears throughout a whole day. Note: I've been wearing it for about 3 hours now and it's stayed nice (not caking).

I wasn't sure if this should go in the Review Section as I haven't used it long enough to make a good judgement, however, I know many people are suffering from dark circles and since this is new, maybe others might want to check it out as well. I'll pop back in here to update my review once I've been using it for a few weeks (see if it really DOES reduce dark circles!) Oh, and it was $14.99 CDN so definitely reasonably priced.

BTW ... I purchased "Fair Light" which does seem pretty light (I'm a MAC NW15, N1 in Alima). It's still wearable, but I think I'd like it more if it were slightly darker. If I like this product, I may try the "Natural Light" next time to see if that might be a better fit.

Here's a link ...

http://www.physiciansformula.com/detail_list.asp?itemid=02725&scene=HOT%A0PRODUCTS&categorid=125
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi:
I, too, have searched for a good coverage concealor and haven't found much yet that covers but doesn't cake/crease...please keep posting your results! Thanks for the post!
A

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
It's been about a week now and I thought I would update my review. First of all ... I still think the coverage of this is pretty decent, however over a full day at work I do find that it does crease a little under my eyes and I find myself smoothing it out with my finger, which means having to apply more concealer since I've just rubbed some off! I do wear liquid makeup under my eyes though (and MMU over the rest of my face), so maybe someone wearing it on bare skin or over MMU might find that part works better. I can't comment on any lightening of my dark circles due to the Haloxyl, but I doubt I would have seen anything of that sort in only a week (but I do have my doubts it would have helped my super dark circles in that regard since many products I've tried haven't made much of a difference so far).

I am going back primarily to my Prescriptives concealer, however I'm keeping this on in my stash and will use it here and there on the weekend I think.

I don't feel bad about trying this one out though because it isn't a bad concealer, and for $15 CDN it was worth trying. Maybe someone else will find their HG in it! Smile
hanzawasama
5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
moonstar- my dark circles (thin under eye skin) have improved lately, and i think it is due to the sea-kelp bio ferment i've been using ( from skin actives). it is hard to pinpoint the exact reason for the improvement because i started many new things almost at once ( Ystheal, candessence vit, C, and the sea kelp and MSM supplements), and of course, i don;t want to start subtracting things. but, if you aren't using it already, you might want to give it a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
hanzawasama wrote:
moonstar- my dark circles (thin under eye skin) have improved lately, and i think it is due to the sea-kelp bio ferment i've been using ( from skin actives).

Thanks hanzawasama! I might have to check that out further ... I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for something that will work. Right now I'm trying Remergent Microcirculation and sometimes I THINK it might be helping a bit, but then other days I'm not so sure.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |