Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The NEW Jan Marini eyelash intervention have you used it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:26 am      Reply with quote
On other boards I have seen a couple people who have said the new formula doesnt work,they are returning it. Has anyone seen success yet?I noticed that on ebay the new JM sells for 100 and the old JM sells for 250! If the new formula doesnt work I suppose there will be a run on revitlash.
Lolalondon
5% products discount

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I have seen some difference...lashes are slightly longer...I was a false eyelash addict and loved using the individual Eyelure ones on my outer corners. These areas have grown back and seem fuller after two and a half weeks of twice daily application

I do wonder though if that has anything to do with time passing rather than the Jan Marini...Why o why didn't I jump on the bandwagon a year ago when the original formulation was out?

Once I figure out how to post photos I can show you guys the difference...yes, I was sad enough to do before and afters! Laughing
annachka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the new formula and my lashes are responding incredibly well. Today I applied mascara and took a double-take -- my lashes nearly looked false they were so long.

It hasn't even been three weeks yet, by the way (my hair does tend to grow very fast). Super happy with it.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad to hear that some people are seeing results ... I've been using the new JM for 2 mos now, but I don't really see anything yet. Before that, I had eyelash extensions, and I'm sure my natural lashes are still recovering from that. (In fact, I still have a few of those old extensions that are clinging on after all this time!) I've heard that some people will see results quickly, and for others it can take 10 - 12 weeks. Guess I'm in the latter group (sigh)

I also started taking Hair, Skin & Nails supplements along with MSM, and also using Ardell on my lashes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
annachka wrote:
I'm using the new formula and my lashes are responding incredibly well. Today I applied mascara and took a double-take -- my lashes nearly looked false they were so long.

It hasn't even been three weeks yet, by the way (my hair does tend to grow very fast). Super happy with it.

Would love to see your pics before and after, or if no before, then the after ones with and without mascara. Thank you in advance.

ETA: Were your lashes short, medium, or long before you started on the new JM? Did you measure your lashes before vs after? Thanks again.
annachka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
annachka wrote:

Would love to see your pics before and after, or if no before, then the after ones with and without mascara. Thank you in advance.

ETA: Were your lashes short, medium, or long before you started on the new JM? Did you measure your lashes before vs after? Thanks again.

I never really had complaints about my lashes, but they weren't impressive, either. I would say medium.

I am dumb and didn't take before pictures. Crying or Very sad Here is the best I could find so far. With mascara, eyes closed, before:

After:

A little deceptive, since the second photo is larger in size, but you can tell they're about 25% longer. In particular, the lashes towards the center are a lot longer than those on either corner in the after picture. I think I need to be more careful to apply in the corners too! Else all the long eyelashes will be just in the middle. It hasn't been 3 weeks yet (day after tomorrow).

I don't have a good camera right now, but I will try to take more after pics when I get one.
mwilson569
5% products discount

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've been on the new jan marini for one month now...I I've seen absoutely no improvement.....I am so disappointed....I see better results with castor oil than the new formula for jan marini..I wish I bought the revitalash instead....can we return the jan marini if we aren't satisfied??? I would buy the revitalash now if I had the money but I put all my extra money in getting the jan marini....I hope I could return the jan marini...I would definitely get the revitalash instead.
holly1117

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am sure hoping that the new jan marini works. I finally bit the bullet and spent $130 on it only to read all these reports that it doesn't work like the old one! I guess I will just have to wait and see....
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
my sister has been using the new formula for a month and says she sees a big improvement in her lower lashes. There are more positive reports on makeupalley too so I am inclined to think that the new formula does work,just stick with it and make sure not to skip a night in the beginning.
holly1117

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. I will give it a try and then post my results as well. I read somewhere else on this forum that the new one will take 3 months to really show the dramatic results (instead of 3 weeks like the old formula). I wonder if there is any truth to that?
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the new JM for about 3 weeks and I am definitely seeing results. My stubby, sparse lashes are almost wow now (at least for me).
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Is there any new reports on the NEW Jm??? Cool

I began using it 4 days ago. At first my eyes were sooooooooo irritated, but I am sure that was because I applied too much product and it leaked into my eye. Now I am applying just enough to coat the lashes and the irritation is almost gone. Smile

I have gotten a little scared that I have wasted my money on this product because I cannot find very many reveiws on the new formulation.

So if you are out there and do use the new JM, please, please pop in here and give us a little update Confused

Pip
wahine220
5% products discount

Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the new JM and although I'm finally seeing results, it took 3 months! I had read on this forum to give it a full 3 months and sure enough, at 3 months, I was quite happy with the results. I don't believe they are any thicker, but they are definitely longer. I don't curl them anymore because my husband said they are out of control and look fake when curled with mascara. I'm Asian and normally have short, stubby lashes so I'm lovin' this. Now I use the JM every other night. I just started adding Ardell to my routine, so I'm hoping to see more thickness. Hope this lasts! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |