Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Aloe Vera Gel LIFESAVER!!!!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:11 am      Reply with quote
'allo, 'allo, 'allo!

regulars will know how dumb I've been just lately and I want to say that this stuff should be in EVERY house! I't 99.9% aloe and has made SUCH a difference!
the only down side is is that it dries out quickly so you have to spritz your face or reapply, but my skin looks like skin under it. One upside of the old drying thing tho, is that it makes your skin TOTALLY smooth and taut. I know this cos I experimented by smotherin it all over, and I didn't even have any tram lines on my forehead any more! In fact my skin looked supernaturally smooth! (well, kinda like a Barbie actually!). The illusion kinda falls when you smile or otherwise move your face, but I was thinking that if you wanted a photo taken of yourself looking like a teenager and didn't have photoshop, then this would work wonders! rofl
Liz xxx

Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:22 am      Reply with quote
If I were you I'd patent/copyright that idea before Hollywood cottons onto it Wink

Glad to hear the aloe has helped. Apparently drinking aloe vera juice is good for you as well.
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I agree with guapagirl, pure aloe vera gel is a "must have' in every bathroom. It saved me a year ago when I forgot to put sunblock on my arms. 15 minutes spent in direct sunlight did the trick/damage. I had to smother and reapply the gel on my arms for about 2 weeks.

Great all natural stuff!

guapagirl: I'm glad your face is healing and coming along.
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
hey guapagirl, did u rinse it off or leave it on? and was it a product u bought or the gel from the actual plant? i have lots of these plants at home and would love to have a use for them!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I get mine from health food stores but if you have the plants at home you can snip off a leaf and squeeze of the juice, well it's more a gel. Personally I fell mean hacking up the poor plants Sad Smile
Mabsy

Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
Personally I fell mean hacking up the poor plants Sad Smile

Laughing

When I was a kid I used to wonder if plants had feelings. Even now sometimes I feel bad breaking off a branch... you just never know. I'm a weirdo, I know, I know.... Rolling Eyes
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Eve and Mabsy, this exteme sensitivity may mean that it is better for you to stop using skincare products with the possible exception of vaseline because of all those poor little plants getting crushed Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
I get mine from health food stores but if you have the plants at home you can snip off a leaf and squeeze of the juice, well it's more a gel. Personally I fell mean hacking up the poor plants Sad Smile

While growing up in Southern Philippines, we have lots of aloe vera plants. My mom would snip 2 of those plants, sort open up and scrape the gel like substances and sort of rub it in our scalp says makes your hair shiny and all. Leave it for about 15 mins. or so and take a shower after. Well, can't remember if it did or not, but we did have nice and shiny hair. Just a thought Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:17 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Eve and Mabsy, this exteme sensitivity may mean that it is better for you to stop using skincare products with the possible exception of vaseline because of all those poor little plants getting crushed Crying or Very sad

if it were a little tiny leaf then I wouldn't mind but aloe vera leaves are like big thick fingers. Hang on what's vaseline made of?!

Daba, I've seen aloe vera shampoos
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it before, but i heard a lot of compliments about it. In other places, they say that it makes you skin glow and smoothing. Aloe has this ingredient that reduces signs of aging and wrinkles. Some tests shown that aloes does that. And 100% aloe is really good for your skin.

.e s c e n t s.
Mabsy

Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:22 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

Laughing Oh the irony of it all! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |