Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
100% pure's cranberry cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I've been tossing around the idea of trying 100% Pure's organic honey facial cleansers cleansers, so I finally broke down and ordered the Cranberry cleansing bubbles. I really wanted to like it because it's all natural and all that good stuff.

It's a very thin liquid in a shake-top (kind of like soy sauce) glass bottle. It smells okay, but not as yummy as their other products. The bottle says:

Cranberries contain potent and healing antioxidants and are blended with hydrating, soothing honey as well as high concentrations of other powerful, anti-aging antioxidants that regenerate cells, heal cellular damage, and are anti-inflammatory. Cleanses away impurities including makeup without stripping or dehydrating your skin. Our Cleansers are thin because all our formulas contain absolutely NO thickeners, no fillers, no synthetic or unnecessary ingredients to dilute or degrade our 100% pure formulas.

The ingredients are: Cranberry, Honey, Gentle Coconut cleanser(coco betaine), Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate), Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Blackcurrent oil, Grapeseed oil, Extracts of Raspberry, Blackberry, Strawberry, Blueberry, Lemon and Grapefruit seed, Orange essential oil, Phenonip
it's $15.00 USD, and I got mine from Orange Blossom Spa.

The first time I used it, I immediatly noticed that it left some type of residue on my skin - almost like something in it wouldn't wash off. It did feel silky, though, so I just left it, and added my moisturizers and such.

I ended up breaking out after the first few days, but I kept on using it once a day for about two weeks. I never could get that residue off, and the breakout, while not major, didn't stop or improve. Once I went back to my old cleanser, my skin cleared up immediately.

I was a little bummed about this because I wanted to like it. I started using it as a body wash in my shower, and I got back acne, which I never have at all. Also, It wouldn't come out of my loofa, washcloth, etc, even though I rinsed it forever.

I'm now using it to shave my legs with, because it turns out that the residue works okay for that.

From the ingredients, I'm not sure at all what my skin in reacting to. It has a few oils in it, but I always use oils on my face with no problem whatsoever. I'm assuming the culprit is what ever it is that won't come off.

Anyway, needless to say, this was a major disappointment for me.

I should also add that I don't think it was purging. I use OCM pretty often (but not all the time). I'm not usually break-out prone, and I don't have a whole lot of clogged pores. Plus, this wasn't supposed to be an anti-acne cleanser. That's their Eucalyptus seafoam facial cleanser, which someone ( I believe it's Paristrokia) is using and really likes.

(There's a review out there for their Eucalyptus seafoam facial cleanser, but this is completely different, so I decided not to add it on to that thread. Hope that was the right decision.)
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
ha, I love your system of demoting the product down to shave gel. I hate that, when I have to use $40 moisturizer on my feet or something because it isn't good for anything else.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad you did this review...I've been wondering about their other cleansers. I still have their Eucalyptus Seaweed Clay cleanser...I don't use it as regularly as I used to...it burns if you get it in your eyes and I'm one that's too lazy to use a separate eye makeup remover. It does not over dry, IMO, but I would never recommend it for anyone who has dry skin, or maybe even normal skin. It might just be too much.
As I'm not one to wash my face in the morning, I thought this cleanser might go back in the cabinet...but, I discovered this morning that if I use this in the shower as a quick face wash, I'm much perkier Smile
So it's now living in my shower. I probably won't repurchase, but that's mainly because I get bored very fast. However, the whole eye makeup thing is a big reason too...lazy lazy me Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Is this the one?

http://www.diamondbeauty.com/shopping/pricelist.asp?prid=21280
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have this cleanser, and I've noticed the silky residue too. I can only feel it when my skin is wet though, and not once I've dried my face. I actually quite like the feeling Smile

Fortunately, I haven't experienced any breakouts, but I only use it every once in a while, when I don't want to use my usual scrubby cleanser.

I'm going to test this for a longer period now, because I'm curious to see if it has the same effect on me as it had on you! I'll post my results...
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Is this the one?

http://www.diamondbeauty.com/shopping/pricelist.asp?prid=21280

That's the one, Lisey!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
valkyrie wrote:
I have this cleanser, and I've noticed the silky residue too. I can only feel it when my skin is wet though, and not once I've dried my face. I actually quite like the feeling Smile

Fortunately, I haven't experienced any breakouts, but I only use it every once in a while, when I don't want to use my usual scrubby cleanser.

I'm going to test this for a longer period now, because I'm curious to see if it has the same effect on me as it had on you! I'll post my results...

I'm interested in seeing what it does for you when you use it more. It's always great to have someone else do a test run too because it could be great for you.
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Well, it's been a week now, and no breakouts yet! In fact, my skin is looking rather good. I will keep on using this cleanser to see if there are any 'long term' effects.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
valkyrie wrote:
Well, it's been a week now, and no breakouts yet! In fact, my skin is looking rather good. I will keep on using this cleanser to see if there are any 'long term' effects.

I'm so glad you're getting good results! I really want it to be a great line.
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
valkyrie wrote:

Woww !! Thank for sharing. I'll try out.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tosca,

Thank you for reviewing this cleanser as I was very curious about it.

Have you tried using an ACV toner after the cleanser? It might help with the residue feeling and prevent breakouts.

I have had the eucalyptus and lavendar seafoam cleanser and i have to say i don't like the eucalyptus one for a couple reasons. It cannot be used around the eyes and it does tend to be a bit drying even on the oilier parts of my skin. i gave it away to a cousin who has much oilier skin than me and would probably benefits more.

the lavendar seafoam cleanser is much more gentle and i would recommend it to anyone who wants to try the eucalyptus one but hesitates to because it can't be used around the eyes or if they don't like the tingly feel it imparts. BUT i still find it "drying" and think there are better cleansers out there. These use coco betaine as the surfactant but i find i am more partial to decyl glucoside (more gentler).

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi Tosca,

Thank you for reviewing this cleanser as I was very curious about it.

Have you tried using an ACV toner after the cleanser? It might help with the residue feeling and prevent breakouts.

I have had the eucalyptus and lavendar seafoam cleanser and i have to say i don't like the eucalyptus one for a couple reasons. It cannot be used around the eyes and it does tend to be a bit drying even on the oilier parts of my skin. i gave it away to a cousin who has much oilier skin than me and would probably benefits more.

the lavendar seafoam cleanser is much more gentle and i would recommend it to anyone who wants to try the eucalyptus one but hesitates to because it can't be used around the eyes or if they don't like the tingly feel it imparts. BUT i still find it "drying" and think there are better cleansers out there. These use coco betaine as the surfactant but i find i am more partial to decyl glucoside (more gentler).

Kristen

Hi, Kristen! I haven't tried the ACV toner afterwards, but that may very well take care of the residue.

I got a sample of the eucalyptus cleanser, and it was a little drying and harsh on my skin too. I thought it'd probably be great for oily skin, though. I did notice the same thing about getting it around my eyes too, though.

I agree that there are just better cleansers out there - at least for my skin.

I've been using OCM a lot lately, and I really like it. Other than that, I still haven't found a cleanser that I like better than the shea butter and green tea cleansers from MUAC.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
It is usefull!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |