Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Plastic surgery vacation in Thailand.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if anyone has done this or know of anyone who has. I don't like my jaw and want some bone shaved off like this:

http://www.chet-plasticsurgery.com/jaw_chin_result.html

My main concern is the quality of the work but it is rare to find doctors in Canada that will do this.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
angelina wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone has done this or know of anyone who has. I don't like my jaw and want some bone shaved off like this:

My main concern is the quality of the work but it is rare to find doctors in Canada that will do this.

There are many well-qualified plastic surgeons in Thailand. I think you should try emailing the doctor and see how you like his tone, and ask him what exactly he will do for you.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Whoa, I think the second one is a dude!

Sorry, off topic, I know. I just had to say it though.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I would be very hesitant. Anxious Maybe I read the site wrong but from what I see they don't require and pre-op testing. Personally I would want to visit the doctor first and get references. Granted I know nothing about Thailand Plastic Surgeons but that site does not sit well with me at all. I thought the before pictures in many cases were taken in a non professional setting. I would think that most doctors would take before and after pictures in an office setting. Sorry but I find the site kind of creepy. IMO you would be much better off finding someone in Canada/US (familiar territory). Please be very careful.

If I ever were to have Plastic Surgery I would get a referral from my doctor as I have total faith in him. After getting a referral I would have a consult with the P.S and find out how many of the procedures I were considering had he/she performed. Of course I would want to see before and after photos from many angles.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with what Winnie has advised. I once saw a documentary about "Plastic Surgery Vacations" to Eastern Europe and it was horrendous!! There were no pre-op examinations whatsoever, accommodations were primitive, post-op treatment/monitoring was non-existant and several women got infected - a nightmare and being so far from home, not speaking the language added to their complications.
Quite honestly, I wouldn't advise it.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
You definitely should contact the surgeon first and make sure you get consultations prior to surgery if you decide to go for it. From what I've read and heard, plastic surgery vacations are often done at non so famous or well known hospitals here in Thailand. I'd recommend Bumrungrat International Hospital or Yunhee Hospital. First one being the most famous private hospital in Thailand and very popular among expats who live here. Yunhee is more popular among locals.

By the way, I'm from Thailand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Am I crazy because I thought all their jaws looked better before? Although the guy did look more feminine afterwards.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
To me, he looked like a scary lady in the after pictures.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:

Not poking fun here..but I "think" that was the point of having the surgery..he wants to look like a girl. Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

Not poking fun here..but I "think" that was the point of having the surgery..he wants to look like a girl. Cool

Yes I know. My point was I think a man who undergos a sex change will wanna look like a feminine beautiful woman rather than a scary looking one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Angelina!
Have you thought of an Oral/Maxillofacial Surgeon? I would think one of them would be more qualified than Plastics to do jaw work. I have worked for OMF surgeons and this is their stock in trade! I would want to stay closer to home for this type of surgery, in case of post-op problems, but I understand the interest in Thailand. I have heard the surgeons are excellent and what a beautiful place in which to recover! I heard the package is much cheaper than in USA, even with the round-trip tickets! But: caveat emptor! Good luck whatever you choose! Go for it! fawnie

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi angelina - I have to join those who've voiced caution. This particular surgeon seems to specialize in feminizing the faces and necks of transsexuals. If you look at all of the photos on his site, you'll see more dudes than the one violetanne noticed. These men are understandably highly motivated and who knows? -- maybe even a bit reckless in their pursuit to have more female-looking faces.

Shaving the jaw seems like something that could be fraught with danger. There are important nerves in and around the bone that control movement and sensation. I can understand the desire for a different jawline but also think it would be safer and more prudent to at least consult an OMF surgeon closer to home to get a sense of the full risk involved.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
angelina wrote:

I'm originally from Thailand, and I know of a famous Thai singer who had her jaw shaved off, and from having a squarish face, she now has a very nicely shaped face. I don't know who her doctor was though. I'm sure it's not Dr. Chet. I know for a fact that there are many very good Thai plastic surgeons, and they're not as expensive as it is here. My sis used the very best plastic surgeon for her BA and I cannot even feel where the implants are. It looks so ntural, too. It only cost her $2500.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |