Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's the best nail buffer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I go through phases with my nails - I usually like them painted but thanks to Casper's Mum I am in love with bare buffed nails right now. I recently purchased the Body Shop's nail buffer but while my nails look good after, the shape of the tool (plain flat long piece of stick with rounded ends) makes it tiring to use.

Does anyone have any recs for a good nail buffer? TIA.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried sooo many nail buffers... I used to buff my nails out of boredom even. I have found the best buffer to be the Seacret From The Dead Sea buffer. I don't know why, but it just works much better than anything else I've tried. You can find it here in the kit:
http://www.seacretspa.com/body-care/nail-kit.html

I recommend the Vanilla & Coconut as the scent (I don't think you can buy the buffer alone, I got mine with this kit). LOVE IT!

A long time ago I actually commented on the cuticle oil that comes with this kit here on this board. I swear it stops your nails from breaking! But the oil itself smells like something is burning. Weird. The lotion smells great though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Phoebes. I'm wondering if there are other similar nail buffing blocks that is more accessible for me though. Plus, I have so many hand and nail treatment products (not including those that I make myself!) that the idea of having to buy everything else in the kit just because I want the buffer doesn't sound appealing to me...
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Oh! I found the solution! Go to ebay and type in Seacret nail buffer.. you CAN buy the nail buffer alone... right now they only have replacements or a set of 5 but that may change... it really is a good nail buffer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
That's great, thanks Phoebes. Smile
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:08 am      Reply with quote
If you are looking for one that you can buy locally -- do you have a salon or beauty supply shop nearby that carries Creative Nail products (Solar Oil, Solar Nail, etc)? If so check out their Girlfriend buffer, I like it very much. It is the grey/pink/black one.

For some reason it won't let me link straight to the product list, you have to 'click here for a list of files and buffers' and scroll down.

http://www.creativenail.com/prod_c_nail-care_files-buffers.asp
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Drool Stella those other nail stuff from Creative Nail look delish!!!
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Creative Nail is a great line, the Solar Oil and Solar Nail are their most famous products but I have liked everything I have ever used from them. The Solar Manicure is a really nice salt scrub too, gives you soft soft kitten hands.

My favourite nail tech got me hooked on those Girlfriend buffers a long time ago, I like them cause they are nice and thick, they will bend without splitting or breaking.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Do note that nail buffers do strip the nail and too frequent usage makes nails brittle
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |