Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Ojon haircare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone use this line?

I saw it on TSC and *almost* caved. I was thinking of the volumizing line since I want oh-so-luscious hair! Or maybe the shine and protect..? Choices, choices.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from those who have tried Ojon!

Oh yes - my hair is coloured, long and thick.

Thanks Very Happy
saladgirl
5% products discount

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the starter set from Sephora which included about five products. I only used it twice because it just didn't agree with my hair. I didn't like the smell...it made my hair heavy, and it didn't feel clean. I ended up giving the remaining products to a friend who absolutely loved it. I guess it's one of those things which is good for some and not so good for others. You may want to start with samples or the less expensive starter set to see if you really like it before investing in the full sizes.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
the line strikes me as really much better for very very dry hair. After all, the whole premise of it is this palm oil. I love the treatment, but it smells awful and I only do it because my hair is really long and starting to break a bit.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Smell it first at Sephora before buying it. It kinda stinks, almost tobacco like. I threw mine away eventually. Too messy to use and I didn't see results.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Puglove,

We've had a few threads on Ojon. Lots of members have used it and posted their results etc. If you use the search function, you should be able to find the threads fairly easily and probably also find more reading than you bargained for.

If you have trouble with the search, come back and one of us can always help you.

HTH.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I almost got tempted to buy a kit - saw it on QVC. Boy, was I glad I didn't. Read reviews, EDS threads, etc. ... and then I smelled it at Sephora. No thanks! I'll stick with coconut oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:09 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE the hair treatment...the smell doesn't bother me. I've been using it for a few years.

The shampoos I don't care for...nor the styling products. I've found better luck elsewhere.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
I have used two of the shampoos and conditioners and the intensive conditioning treatment. My hair is color treated and somewhat dry. I thought the products only dried my hair out more. The smell is strong but didn't' bother me that much. I have not repurchased and think there are products that better suit my hair.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
it's like marmite (or emu Laughing) you love it or hate it. I only have the intense treatment which is expensive but long lasting and I think works better as an overnight leave in treatment or as an ends only treatment. I am a pretty big fan of it but I haven't tried the rest of the line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:24 am      Reply with quote
I love the range. I haven't tried many of the products (YET!) I love the restorative treatment which i smother on in the evening then go to bed with it on then wash it out in the morning. I also use the hydrating styling cream which smells like coconut and tames frizz and protects hair from styling. I also like the hydrating shampoo and conditioner which has a lovely smell. I recently ordered a 4 piece kit from qvc containing the shine and protect shampoo and conditioner, the leave in glossing cream and the glossing mist which i haven't tried any of but i will let you know what i think when they turn up so i can try them. I have also ordered the tawaka cream.
My hair is dry, thick, long and coarse.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
love it love it love it. I agree with katee too. The smell is a bit odiferous at first but I was able to adjust.(And I don't like smells...)love it love it love it Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the smell is crazy, but the Intensive Treatment's pretty good. I leave mine on for at least half an hour, with one of those free plastic showercaps you can nab from hotels.

Having said that, I'm about to pop orf to Morrisons now and buy myself some cheapo, non-silicone conditioner in order to try conditioner only washing. This is my latest attempt to make my hair resemble the stuff on the top of normal humans' heads. I'm not even sure it's possible, but hey ho...
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Yes, the smell is crazy, but the Intensive Treatment's pretty good. I leave mine on for at least half an hour, with one of those free plastic showercaps you can nab from hotels.

Having said that, I'm about to pop orf to Morrisons now and buy myself some cheapo, non-silicone conditioner in order to try conditioner only washing. This is my latest attempt to make my hair resemble the stuff on the top of normal humans' heads. I'm not even sure it's possible, but hey ho...

Boots own brand super cheapo conditioner is good especially if you cut it with ACV (thanks Carrie Cool )

I've caved in and bought a load of L'anza to try and sort my hair and scalp out. COW just didn't do enough Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
majorb wrote:

Boots own brand super cheapo conditioner is good especially if you cut it with ACV (thanks Carrie Cool )

I've caved in and bought a load of L'anza to try and sort my hair and scalp out. COW just didn't do enough Sad

ACV had a weird effect on my hair and made it look drier and frizzier.

How'd you get on with the L'anza?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
It's very moisturising but the formula has changed since the last bottle of 'poo and it now has sls in it. The conditioner is really good though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
i almost caved when i saw it months ago too. luckily i didn't and bought it off of ebay, just the treatment.

i like the smell. it didn't bother me at all.

the first time i used it, i thought it was awesome! i made my hair so soft!

the second time i used it about a week later, my hair felt soft, but it was dried cause it was frizzing and you could tell it was dried looking at it in the mirror.

i'm glad i didn't buy it at full price.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:42 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
It's very moisturising but the formula has changed since the last bottle of 'poo and it now has sls in it. The conditioner is really good though.

Blummin' SLS! Still, I might look into the L'anza range and give it a shot. Waiting to see what Morrisons' cheapie coconut conditioner does first (it also has parabens, but I've gotten to the point where I'd put elephant manure on my head if I thought it'd work).
skodalady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
puglove,
I use the Ojon shampoo and conditioners. I have tried lots of other products, but I find that my hair likes the moisturizing effects of Ojon. My hair is long, thick, wavy, and dry. I currently use the Tawaka Shampoo (SLS free) and the Tawaka conditioner / hydrating condtioner / volumizing conditioner/ and a few other conditioners that I'm trying to use up. Tawaka can be ordered thru QVC only. The Tawaka has a nice chocolately sort of aroma, the volumizing has a fresh spring aroma, the hydrating is the one that smells like pipe tobacco (I like it). Hope this helps.
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the Ojon line and it's too heavy for my fine hair. I have started using some styling gel from the L'anza line at the recommendation of my stylist and like it. So I think I might look into their shampoo and conditioner.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Intensive treatment and it didn't do a thing for my hair and was hoping it would, so I returned it to Sephora.
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say this is no better than using any othet oil (olive, coconut etc) as a pre shampoo treatment (and many hate the smell although I quite liked it). Really don't waste your money - buy a cheap jar of coconut oil instead,
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have used a few items in this line and was quite underwhelmed.

No great results for me. I love the shopping channel as well, get sucked in quite a bit, lol! (tsc does carry some great items though, hit and miss!!) Smile
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried several Ojon products and in the past I always gave in to buying the product on theShoppingChannel, especially when they had their showstopper (which is typically a bundled deal on the product). I found that when my hair was damaged from a perm, their restorative hair treatment helped. But it made a mess on my pillow because I'd sleep with the product on overnight. Since then my hair is back to normal, but fine in texture and I tried the volumizing products as well. I didn't find it particularly worth the $ and the perfume smell was a bit too strong for my liking. I ended up giving up on the product and have since found other brands to be a better replacement.

IMHO, if you have the money to spare then go ahead and buy and try Ojon. But if you are on a tight budget, there are probably better things out there for you to use that can give you the same or maybe even better results(?)
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |