Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MMU opinion please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have been trialling different MMU.

I have tried Alima, Lumiere and now UGloGirl. The customer service from these companies has been excellent (especially Alima and UGG).

I have come to the conclusion that MMU isn't for me. Mainly because I usually only wear foundation around my undereyes and around my nose (redness). The SS I'm now using - Sofina's Nuance evens my skin out beautifully and I don't feel I need coverage all over.

It looks like I'm wearing foundation with MMU (although UGG came very close to being just right).

I'm wondering if the UGG Soft Finisher would be a good product to apply after my foundation as a powder.

What do people think?

I like the sound of it on the web site.
Cool

Thank you.
Emma x
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Emma have you tried spritzing with water after applying? I find that takes away that powdery effect MMU can give.
Have you tried Everyday Minerals. Im currently using that and its so finely milled it dosent accentuate flakies or anything.They have alot of nice neutral shades now too. EM have a mint powder for redness,i find it really good at minimizing redness(better actually than liquid concealors ive tried)
Oceon Mist,while i didnt like it at first, ive grown to like. It seems to have a creamier texture. But i found the colours i tried a bit crappy,too orange,yellow etc. But the one i like best isnt bad...cant remember the shade.
Im still waiting on Lumiere samples and some Lily lolo ones. ive tried BE and Pure Luxe as well and Jane Iredale.

I havent tried UGG finisher so cant comment on that sorry. But other finishing products ive tried,ive found drying.

I think finding the perfect colour match very important with MMU and that can take ages to find! and alot of trying samples.

Dont worry i nearly gave up to with MMU but glad i perserved as i love the stuff now Very Happy

Oops just re-read your question Embarassed you're only wanting advice on the finishing powder,sorry!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carol,
Thank you for your answer - I did try sprotzing it.
The UGG did look pretty natural but I still could see powder on my skin which I'm not used to.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I am wondering what effort you expect from a finishing powder. If for me, I want the powder does not dry me out and does not eat the light of my face, if make it more glowing is even better. So I love the powder of La Mer, it is sososo fine that almost disappear at once when you apply it, just leave a health and pretty light on the face. Not very dry. And at last, after more than 10 hours, my face looks almost the same as the moment I had just make up.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Emma have you tried spritzing with water after applying? I find that takes away that powdery effect MMU can give.
Have you tried Everyday Minerals. Im currently using that and its so finely milled it dosent accentuate flakies or anything.They have alot of nice neutral shades now too. EM have a mint powder for redness,i find it really good at minimizing redness(better actually than liquid concealors ive tried)

Hi Carolb69,
What formulation of Everyday Minerals do you use or recommend? Matt, Semi-matt, intensive etc.?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I love Lily Lolo finishing powder in Flawless Silk. It really doesn't dry out my skin or accentuate my pores. I was disappointed with every single one I tried except for this one. I've tried Everyday Minerals, Lumiere, and Alima. They all made my flakies stand out even more, and made me look 10 years older.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I meant Translucent Silk, not Flawless Silk. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006, I feel somewhat the same way as you. I have bought a bunch of Alima samples that I've been playing with for a week and a half and I'm sort of on the fence about MMU. I haven't tried the finisher so I can't comment on it. I also feel that MMU sits on my face and looks unnatural (I don't normally wear a lot of make-up). However, my face still looks good at the end of the day with MMU. I also found that spritzing and lightly blotting works wonders at smoothing the whole thing over and making it look better. By spritzing, I mean full-face drench, not AT ALL a little spritz. I guess that adding water turns the powder foundation into liquid foundation in situ. I'd be interested to hear ypur opinion of the UGG Soft Finisher if you decide to go ahead.

On another note, please tell me about the Sofina's Nuance. It's not the first time I hear about it and I'm getting intrigued.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Emma!

Glad to hear you are liking the Sofina, it really is a wonderful SS.

As for the UGG soft glo finisher, I it so much, its one of the best products out there IMO. What I really like about it is that it does not make you powdery matte nor does it have sparkles or shimmer, it really just gives back that natural look of skin that foundation takes away (in fact it makes me look like Im wearing less makeup!). So lovely! I have the white that I use for everyday when I have MMU under, and the pink/peach when I need my skin to perk up, green when Im red and yellow for redness and sallowness. I find it controls oil decently (still have to do a mid day blot) and does not dry my skin out in the least, in fact my friend who has dry skin uses it and it works great for her too.

If you are wanting to just use Sofina and want to conceal redness I think the green or yellow would get the job done perfectly!

I cant rave enough about it!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

Hi Carolb69,
What formulation of Everyday Minerals do you use or recommend? Matt, Semi-matt, intensive etc.?

Hi keliu

Ive tried matte,semi matte and intensive.

I like the matte best. Semi matte needed more layering to get the coverage i needed. Intensive was ok but i liked the matt finish best.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your replies.
Agent OO cat - I love the Sofina SS - I put PSF Vitamin C 12% serum, then PSF ALN (squalane), the the Sofina.
I don't have big pores as my skin is dry - this SS smooths my skin perfectly.
I am desperatly hoping that it won't react with my skin.

Vonstella - it sounds lovely. I liked the finish of the UGG foundation the best out of all the ones I tried.

Have you got your goodies yet?
Razz
Emma x
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |