Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Using Products That Don't Work On Face Now Using on Hands
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I've got tons of products in my cabinet that either I didn't like the feel on my face or just weren't doing anything in a positive way. I'm sure lot's of you fit in this catagory as well. I have decided to use them on my hands before I toss them out. My first try will be Skin Ceuticals C E Ferulic and their Hydrating B5 Gel. Has anyone tried doing this with products just sitting in your cabinet taking up space?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
A while ago I sent an email to Olay raving about their hand and foot treatment...how it took care of calluses and rough patches...leaving my feet and hands smooth.

I was talking about their facial microdermabrasion kit. Bad Grin

I never got a response...wonder why Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
A while ago I sent an email to Olay raving about their hand and foot treatment...how it took care of calluses and rough patches...leaving my feet and hands smooth.

I was talking about their facial microdermabrasion kit. Bad Grin

I never got a response...wonder why Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing you treat your hand and foot with their microdermabrasion kit Idea
They must not reply your email. Laughing
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I away Using Products That Don't Work On Face for my neck treatment Very Happy
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
That stuff was HORRIBLE for my face! In my opinion, the only thing it's good for is my feet and hands! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:

Laughing Laughing I do the same thing@@!!!!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I thought I was the only one that did that! My Mario Badescu samples didn't suit my skin, but were dandy on the hands. And I mix St Ives Apricot Scrub 50/50 with hand cream for a body scrub in the shower. (OK...that's cheating--I don't buy the St Ives for my face; I buy it for my body scrubs to use up lotions and creams that I have around and wouldn't use otherwise.)
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I like Equate (Wal-Mart brand) Anti-Wrinkle Cream for my hands. I use it at night and in the morning my hands are so soft!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Also remind me that once I use my face soap as body soap, but it doesn't work well Sad
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I always use facial products that I don't get on with on my hands or feet. I hate having to throw a half used product away so it makes me feel better to use it somewhere on my body!
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Yes like many of you especailly Lotus I too use my unwanted/expired face creams on my neck as its spares my face creams and uses up the ones I do not have any other use for
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:

I do the same thing. Smile
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hands, neck, elbows, knees, stomach, hips/stretchmarks, feet, toosh...
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I finished Dr. Perricone's Advanced Face Firming Activator as my body lotion in two weeks. Now I'm using Olay Regenerist Thermal Contour And Lift System Kit on my hands.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I always use facial products that I don't get on with on my hands or feet. I hate having to throw a half used product away so it makes me feel better to use it somewhere on my body!

Ditto! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe it took me this long to figure this out as to what to do with all these products. It may have had something to do with the fact that last weekend my husband put up another bathroom cabinet for me. There are times I feel I am "loosin' it". Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yes! Cleanser is used as a body wash. Moisturisers are on hands, arms, body - everywhere! Toners? Any suggestions? If I am wanting to use them up - I use them lavishly pre-face wash.

Does anyone feel compelled to use their products all up first before spending lots more money? I feel so guilty everytime I purchase (which now I am on EDS is like, almost everytime I'm on the net!) with so many products lying around half used!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Serendipity wrote:
Does anyone feel compelled to use their products all up first before spending lots more money? I feel so guilty everytime I purchase (which now I am on EDS is like, almost everytime I'm on the net!) with so many products lying around half used!!

No, that's why the extra cabinet was installed. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo !! Hahahha. My hubby would kill me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
oh i always did that, but then...i began selling them on ebay instead cos i had just so many moisturisers!!!
and yeah, sometimes with cleansers, i use it as a body wash too! Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use my toss away products on my butt Image
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Serendipity wrote:
Yes! Cleanser is used as a body wash. Moisturisers are on hands, arms, body - everywhere! Toners? Any suggestions? If I am wanting to use them up - I use them lavishly pre-face wash.

Maybe you can use the toners on your chest area? Smile
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I use my toss away products on my butt Image

So, what is your butt's favorite throw away product?
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
oh i always did that, but then...i began selling them on ebay instead cos i had just so many moisturisers!!!
and yeah, sometimes with cleansers, i use it as a body wash too! Very Happy

What did you say there? "I tried this cream once..." or just not say you'd used them?

Or did you only sell stuff that came out of tubes?
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
I thought I was the only one that did that! My Mario Badescu samples didn't suit my skin, but were dandy on the hands. And I mix St Ives Apricot Scrub 50/50 with hand cream for a body scrub in the shower. (OK...that's cheating--I don't buy the St Ives for my face; I buy it for my body scrubs to use up lotions and creams that I have around and wouldn't use otherwise.)

I have TONS of lotions sitting around and some St Ives under the sink. This is such a GREAT idea. Now ~ I must go to stock my shower. Thanks a ton for the tip!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |