Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Shopping at Bangkok Airport
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
There is a chance that DH will have a short trip to Thailand for a conference later this month. Since it means he comes home on my birthday I figured what a good shopping opportunity.

Looked up the new BKK airport.. and OMG.. it lists ORGANIC PHARMACY as a duty free brand they sell !!

Is it true? Do they have the full range? What is the pricing like? Anyone seen it there?

I am giddy at the thought of it...

(if anyone else has great recommendations for super cheap duty free treats from BKK airport, would appreciated it!! - but airport only as he wont have shopping time anywhere else)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to reply to my own post in order to slap myself around the head:
Quote:
would appreciated it!!

Embarassed Rolling Eyes Laughing Told ya I was giddy... I can't even type properly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had no idea there's an OP shop at BKK airport duty free! I'm gonna find out! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Really? I travel to BKK often and I've not noticed Organic Pharmacy. Mind you, the lay-out of the new airport is kind of weird and it's hard to find stuff ... for me anyway

There's more food options than the old airport (thank god!) but I can't say I like the new airport at all. The main building has some kind of glass roof to let natural light in and what with the air con rarely working properly it's often really hot and sunny on the upper level (where most of the shops/restaurants are). Kind of reminds me of one of those glass hot houses for growing tomatoes Laughing
I always lurk on the lower levels, where the sunlight doesn't penetrate and the air con seems to work better.

Thanks though for the tip about Organic Pharmacy. I'm going to look for it on my next BKK trip!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just emailed OP to ask...eagerly waiting for a reply. I'm so gonna travel so much more often if they actually sell OP at the airport.

appletini,

I agree it's hard to find things at the new airport. I think it looks a bit like the Sydney airport from the outside. Inside is a different story though. I've read stories in the newspapers here that there are always problems with the a/c in the building. I used to hate waiting around at the airport but now there are loads of shops and cafes there, I don't mind so much. Plus I often just pop by Chang Massage for a nice foot massage and a head and shoulders massage. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
oooh, never thought about mailing OP directly.

Here is what the airport website says:

The Suvarnabhumi airport has all the popular brands as well as some niche products including cosmetics from Shiseido, SKII, Anna Sui, Victor & Rolf, La Prairie, Acca Kappa, Agent Provocateur, Bond No. 9, Dr. Brant, Organic Pharmacy, PureLogicol and MD Skincare. The cosmetics are presented in a long walk-through shopping street which makes it convenient to look and browse all available products.

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/140

Love that image of a tomato hot-house. Laughing Really does not seem like a very smart design move given it is located in THAILAND. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
oooh, never thought about mailing OP directly.

Here is what the airport website says:

The Suvarnabhumi airport has all the popular brands as well as some niche products including cosmetics from Shiseido, SKII, Anna Sui, Victor & Rolf, La Prairie, Acca Kappa, Agent Provocateur, Bond No. 9, Dr. Brant, Organic Pharmacy, PureLogicol and MD Skincare. The cosmetics are presented in a long walk-through shopping street which makes it convenient to look and browse all available products.

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/140

Love that image of a tomato hot-house. Laughing Really does not seem like a very smart design move given it is located in THAILAND. Laughing

Hmmm I didn't even know those brands were available in Thailand! Gosh, what part of Thailand have I been all this time? I guess I'm always running late. Maybe that's why I never have a chance to look around at the airport.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim, just watch out that they don't mark up the prices so high that it doesn't matter you don't pay taxes on the items. Also don't forget the exchange rate factor. Tourists get confused thinking something is cheap because of the currency conversion all the time unless you carry around a calculator and always calculate everything before you buy it. However that gets old quickly.
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Tiger_tim, just watch out that they don't mark up the prices so high that it doesn't matter you don't pay taxes on the items. Also don't forget the exchange rate factor. Tourists get confused thinking something is cheap because of the currency conversion all the time unless you carry around a calculator and always calculate everything before you buy it. However that gets old quickly.

I agree with bkkgirl.don't forget the exchange rate factor.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

I am notoriously anal when it comes to doing things like this Embarassed (I prefer to think of it as well organized Laughing )

Therefore, DH will be sent off with a list of items, including photos from the OP website, and the equivalent Bhat price that I am willing to pay. Laughing

I usually suss out the pricing online and work out what I would pay for it (ie. if an EDS item, how much after forum discount, or in the OP case, how much after VAT reduction) and then will I convert that price from original currency (GBP) to JPY and then convert that JPY into Bhat and set that as the MAX price to pay.

You should have seen the book I sent hubby off to Germany with last year...... rofl

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
tiger... have u checked to see which airport are they using right now?

The one you are talking about is the new one and it opened last year but dued to some technical problems, they switched it back the the old one temporary.

I'm not sure if they have switched it back ?~
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I checked at work here and JAL are apparently flying into the new airport ....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim,

I got a reply from OP. They do indeed have a counter at the new Bangkok Airport. I don't think things at BKK duty frees are as cheap in comparison to Singapore ones, but they're dedfinitely cheaper than UK and Australia ones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Oh regarding old and new airports, I think it's only the domestic budget airlines that will be using the old airports after March 25.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:24 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
tiger_tim,

I got a reply from OP. They do indeed have a counter at the new Bangkok Airport.

Great detective work! I'm going to check this out in a couple of weeks...err...if I can find it Laughing

And I have noticed you can get quite a few of those local Thai "natural/herbal" skincare lines at the airport (at inflated prices of course), but when you look at the ingredients label of most of them it's a bit scary. Still, I've got a basil foot scrub and foot spray from Sabai Arom, which I kind of like...
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:21 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
tiger_tim,

I got a reply from OP. They do indeed have a counter at the new Bangkok Airport.

Great detective work! I'm going to check this out in a couple of weeks...err...if I can find it Laughing

And I have noticed you can get quite a few of those local Thai "natural/herbal" skincare lines at the airport (at inflated prices of course), but when you look at the ingredients label of most of them it's a bit scary. Still, I've got a basil foot scrub and foot spray from Sabai Arom, which I kind of like...

I've tried a product from Sabai Arom before. I don't remember what it was but it's got tamarind in it and oh it was SOOOOO bad! I hated it. There are other Thai "natural" brands that are much nicer though again I don't remember any names on top of my head. I think with Thai "natural" products, there's nothing natural about them at all! Full of harsh chemicals.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I think with Thai "natural" products, there's nothing natural about them at all! Full of harsh chemicals.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on this from what I've seen. They look very nice (and cheap) until you look at the ingredients label.

Tiger - I don't usually buy cosmetics at BKK airport as prices are usually better here in Hong kong, but the cigarette and alcohol prices are pretty good and sometimes, just sometimes, you can get a really good deal on champagne (not always, it's very erratic). I remember once I bought 4 bottles of Veuve ....hey, duty free allowances only apply to other people and if I can carry it I'm taking it Laughing Laughing Maybe get hubby to check out the champagne? It's not skincare but might be nice for your birthday Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Good idea, but we can get pretty good pricing on champagne here too... I think a bottle of verve runs nowadays at about 3900 yen (um, about US$34) - it used to be the same price as Moet, which is only about 3400 yen (about US$29).

I almost died when I went to Australia and found champagne to be TWICE OR MORE the price here Shock

Same with whiskey. I buy dad's Johnny Walker retail in Tokyo for about 20% cheaper than Australian DUTY FREE... and don't get me started on his ciggies.

Oh well, if OP is too expensive (no way it can be as expensive as Japan... Laughing it is about 50-90% more than UK here, depending on the product)... there is always CHOCOLATE!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I had no idea champagne prices in Japan were so good. Must be time to take a trip! Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
what can I say? Hic! we love our alcohol in Japan...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
yes, the OP exists at the new BKK airport. I was there in December and made a purchase.

tiger_tim: just make sure that DH stays out of trouble in Thailand. There are many temptations for a guy...
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Adonis wrote:
yes, the OP exists at the new BKK airport. I was there in December and made a purchase.

tiger_tim: just make sure that DH stays out of trouble in Thailand. There are many temptations for a guy...

what did you buy? how did the price compare to UK website?

Nah, I have no need to worry about DH... his biggest temptation will be the food. Laughing I expect him to come home a kilo or more heavier (quite a feat seeing as he will be there for just 48 hours or so)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

I am notoriously anal when it comes to doing things like this Embarassed (I prefer to think of it as well organized Laughing )

Therefore, DH will be sent off with a list of items, including photos from the OP website, and the equivalent Bhat price that I am willing to pay. Laughing

I usually suss out the pricing online and work out what I would pay for it (ie. if an EDS item, how much after forum discount, or in the OP case, how much after VAT reduction) and then will I convert that price from original currency (GBP) to JPY and then convert that JPY into Bhat and set that as the MAX price to pay.

You should have seen the book I sent hubby off to Germany with last year...... rofl

OMG, you're tooooo funny. Smile) I cannot imagine sending a list like that with my bf. I'll tell you a funny story. We went to Thailand together in Dec 2005 (and Nov 2006, too). It was his first time, and actually our first year together as bf/gf. So here I was haggling over 30 baht with a vendor for him. She asked for 190 baht, and I bargained it down to 160. After I succeeded and told him the price, he sent me off to look at something, and I knew something was up, so I pretended to go off looking somewhere else but kept an eye on him. He gave her 200 baht, and told her to keep the change. Rolling Eyes So I told him if he was going to do that, just let me know ahead of time, so I could save all my spit and time for better use. LOL
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Adonis wrote:

what did you buy? how did the price compare to UK website?

My wife had picked up a few items and I remember that prices were ok. Not a steal, but also not a rip off. I can't remember exactly what she purchased.

The new BKK airport is amazing. Great shopping and good food. Way nicer than the old one.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
The budget airlines are still using the new airport (also all international flights out of Bangkok are still out of the new airport). It's Thai Airways who have split their internal flights between the new and old airport (not quite yet, it takes effect at the end of March) - it's unclear on whether this is voluntary to help ease the 'burden' on the new airport or as an order frm the Thai government...

I'll be flying in/out of there in a few weeks so I shall check out OP and make a note of some sample prices compared to the shop in London and report back!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |