Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's your favorite spot treatment/ spot prevention
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody,

I have been doing a few searches for pimple healing and/or prevention and came up with a few things:

I feel pretty
Best bath buy
Mario Badescu

What about prevention? Would IFP 2% BHA suffice?

TIA

Cat
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique Face Wash Cream and EP-II

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
a dab of the ever-gentle exfol serum usually does it for me.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I used to get a monthly cystic acne pimple on my chin, and it would be so deep, huge and infected that it usually took antibiotics to heal it.

I have fought the monthly battle with this stupid pimple for years and years (despite doing three courses of Accutane when I was in my late 20's). But I think I've finally won the war once and for all, as I haven't had it come back since last October. I started using the DermaStyle pen on an eruption that I felt coming up. It got rid of that one and seems to have broken the cycle of the monthly nasties, so I really don't use that pen all that much anymore.

I also really love Burt's Bees Parsley Blemish stick. I use it in my blemish prone areas and I find that it is gentle but tough and helps keep my skin perfectly clear.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I actually really do like the Mario Badescu drying cream, mainly because despite its name, it's not as drying as most spot treatments. It is pretty effective and doesn't leave you red or scaly. Then again, I have dryish skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
At the moment it's ISC Active Serum and Epidermxll.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I FEEL PRETTY HEALING SERUM OMGILOVEITSOMUCHIWANTOMARRYIT!

Okay. I'm done. LOL.
Seriously...I've tried EVERYTHING from drugstore to prescription and NOTHING has EVER worked as well.

I've done ALL Mario Badescu acne treatments, as well as BBS.

Hands down. IFP!!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I FEEL PRETTY HEALING SERUM OMGILOVEITSOMUCHIWANTOMARRYIT!

Okay. I'm done. LOL.
Seriously...I've tried EVERYTHING from drugstore to prescription and NOTHING has EVER worked as well.

I've done ALL Mario Badescu acne treatments, as well as BBS.

Hands down. IFP!!!!!

well crap, now I'm going to HAVE to try it. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you buy I Feel Pretty products?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Where do you buy I Feel Pretty products?

www.ifeelprettyproducts.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Proactiv!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I currently use IFP BHA/AHA (2% and 4% respectively) and just received IFP BHA 5% (I want to move up to the 5%/10% level). I use it once a day before everything else (wait 30 minutes before the rest of my routine).

I use IFP Healing serum every night and to spot treat in the morning after my CareKate pearl creme.

It saved my face!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
*chimes in on the IFP*

I have only the IFP Healing Serum and I am planning to buy more. Take that as a vote of confidence.

I would suggest getting her cleanser (so very good and economical), her clarifying serum (this is the one that is meant to prevent outbreaks), her Healing serum and also her BHA.

I am using Dermalogical's bha/aha plus the healing serum and my break outs are much better than without. So you can just replace the Dermalogical with IFP 2% BHA.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:50 am      Reply with quote
OOOhhhh there's a clarifying serum.... Think

I have used Origins spot treatment - too drying; Mario Badescu drying cream (not the lotion), 5-10% BPO - didn't do much. Also IFP healing serum but I found out I should be applying more/massaging more. Any further opinions?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
this is kind of like a vote for ifp healing serum, but more for its predecessor, osea's corrective oil, which is virtually the same thing:

Quote:
Essential Corrective Complex
1/3 oz.

Price:$28.00

Benefits/ Features:
A pure blend of essential oils of Tea Tree, White Thyme and Juniper create a disinfecting, absorbent acne treatment to rapidly heal blemishes, reduce oil build-up and calm sebaceous glands. Blended with 30% essential oils, Essential Corrective Complex is naturally antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiseptic, making it also highly effective at controlling cold sores, insect bites and ingrown hairs.

Ingredients:
100% Natural Derived Ingredients. Botanical Oils of Jojoba, Macadamia, and Sesame, Essential Oils of Tea Tree, Rosemary, Lavender, White Thyme, Grapefruit, Juniper, and Cypress, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

It REALLY works! oil dissolves oil, what a concept! and the essential oils disinfect and clean and heal...
whether ifp or osea, i think these products are the simplest and the best, and what's MORE they do not leave scars or red marks, thus your spots heal MUCH faster.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
this is kind of like a vote for ifp healing serum, but more for its predecessor, osea's corrective oil, which is virtually the same thing:

Quote:
Essential Corrective Complex
1/3 oz.

Price:$28.00

Benefits/ Features:
A pure blend of essential oils of Tea Tree, White Thyme and Juniper create a disinfecting, absorbent acne treatment to rapidly heal blemishes, reduce oil build-up and calm sebaceous glands. Blended with 30% essential oils, Essential Corrective Complex is naturally antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiseptic, making it also highly effective at controlling cold sores, insect bites and ingrown hairs.

Ingredients:
100% Natural Derived Ingredients. Botanical Oils of Jojoba, Macadamia, and Sesame, Essential Oils of Tea Tree, Rosemary, Lavender, White Thyme, Grapefruit, Juniper, and Cypress, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

It REALLY works! oil dissolves oil, what a concept! and the essential oils disinfect and clean and heal...
whether ifp or osea, i think these products are the simplest and the best, and what's MORE they do not leave scars or red marks, thus your spots heal MUCH faster.

--avalange

Does it help with cystic acne or clogged pores? I don't really get those ones with puss, just very occasionally cystic type. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
dear lynn,

not sure even what the difference between cysts and pimplies is! i get occasional hormonal zits, and this takes care of them. la vie is currently experimenting with my corrective on her cystic bumps, but i have yet even to see them--she claims they are there. so she should be the ultimate arbiter on that. as far as clogged pores, not sure either! all i know is that in my desperation, having a zit near my mouth, i've using the hydrating instead of the corrective and it is working to diminish it too! not as effective, though...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
dear lynn,

not sure even what the difference between cysts and pimplies is! i get occasional hormonal zits, and this takes care of them. la vie is currently experimenting with my corrective on her cystic bumps, but i have yet even to see them--she claims they are there. so she should be the ultimate arbiter on that. as far as clogged pores, not sure either! all i know is that in my desperation, having a zit near my mouth, i've using the hydrating instead of the corrective and it is working to diminish it too! not as effective, though...

--avalange

avalange,

Thank you for such a quick reply Smile Honestly, I don't even know what each type of acne is. So many English words I'm not sure what they mean exactly Confused Anyway, mine are the kind that dermatologist precribes Panoxyl as a treatment. But even the lowest strength of Panoxyl still irritates my skin, plus I'd much rather use a more natural product. I guess this Osea product is one of those products one should have at hand just in case. Hehe...at least that's what I keep telling myself to justify my impulse buy Laughing I'm eager to hear what la vie has to say about this product. Also, I'm wondering if there's any other uses to this product besides treating pimples?

Lynn

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
At the moment, I'm using pure aloe vera gel as I'm trying to shun away from the chemical spot removers like oxy...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I like the mario badescu drying lotion. It actually works when you get a nasty big red lump appear.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have been doing a few searches for pimple healing and/or prevention and came up with a few things:

I feel pretty
Best bath buy
Mario Badescu

What about prevention? Would IFP 2% BHA suffice?

TIA

Cat

Cat, you meant Best Bath Store?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I spot treat with Carekate's Super Sonic Mask. I luv this stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
IFP Healing serum, great for spot treating the painful cystic ones. Whenever I feel it coming on, I just gently massage the serum.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Cat, you meant Best Bath Store?

Yes, sorry for typo...
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I love the Ice Elements acne serum. It has really helped my son a lot and since it is handy I will use it every once in a while, with great results! The 2 minute miracle exfoliation gel works great with it to get rid of anything that might be clogging the pores.

Internally, vitamin A and zinc are supplements to consider... Check out http://wholehealthmd.com for information on other supplements to help with acne.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |