Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Suggestions for 61-yr-old skincare novice, please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I spend a lot of time on here and have learned so much. My mom isn't into skincare the way I am (which saves her a lot of $ Laughing ). I would like to develop a simple (4 steps or less) regiment for her to follow. She is 61, has normal/dry skin with a few freckles and age spots (she doesn't wear sunscreen and lives in Fla. Shock ), and her main complaint is dullness and upper-lip wrinkles. Overall her skin is in pretty good shape in spite of the fact she has been known to use deodorant soap to wash her face on a regular basis!

I'm thinking a good make-up removing cleanser, a light daytime moisturizer w/ sunscreen, and a night cream possibly w/ BHA or HA. I'm looking for specific product suggestions b/c I want to purchase them for her and send her a care package...TIA!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
One of my suggestions would be to make sure she is willing to change her routine first.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
That's why I want to keep it simple. She is willing to try new products, but I know she won't use more than 3 or 4. For example, I know she won't use a toner or eye cream.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
How much are you willing to spend? SAS has a Bright-I-Cream that has gotten some really good reviews. I just tried it for the first time today and really like it so far. I've also heard some good things about their Marine Nutrient Cream. I personally use Cetaphil Cleanser and I really like that. The remainder of my "routine" is DIY.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I know Winnie swears by Janson Beckett CE. It may be worth doing a forum search for this. AD/CE I think Mabsy said her mum loves this line too. The AD/CE is one product with a range of goodies in. They also have some other stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Since she'll only use a few products, I recommend Janson-Beckett Alphaderma CE + their Day and Night creams. I first started using JB products when I joined EDS and it was the first line that gave me results! Best of all you can purchase it right here and get your member discount Very Happy
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Would she consider using something like PSF retinol night repair cream? Products with retinol or retin a are great for mature skin.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Decleor Angelique line.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
How about SK-II? I got my mom starting on it and for someone who never hated using skincare products, she seems to be sticking to her routine pretty well as she's seeing good results. Her skin is quite oily and not sensitive. She's currently using the cleanser, treatment essence and signs advanced treatment (sorry, I don't remember the exact name, but it comes in a red bottle)and Lancome SPF 50 sunscreen. I tried introducing her to cleansing oil, but she found it too complicated and too much hassle. She prefers a simple routine.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |